We love Julie JAmes. She is great fun

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From on board Nautica

David Peterson returning to sea. Ncl people taking over administration

Two CDs coming to Oceania from NCL

Could be on Facebook but we don't do Facebook

We love Julie JAmes. She is great fun

As long as Leslie remains the premier CD, we're happy.....a simple man, but quite the Lad, nonetheless....

b_172637.jpg

JimandStan -

Do you mean Leslie Don? Because I think he is scheduled to be CD on our TA cruise 1 April... clearly you think he is good. And that makes me happy!

Gerry

Leslie Jon is the best at trivia by far. No one comes close.

He cannot be on every cruise so we look forward to a "bullpen" of great CDs

David p is one of our favorites so we are happy he is returning

At this point we are considering only sailing with chef Maarten. Lol. no one comes close

Two weeks on board so far and not a single disappointment

African buffet tonight. Terrace will be mobbed

JimandStan -

Do you mean Leslie Don? Because I think he is scheduled to be CD on our TA cruise 1 April... clearly you think he is good. And that makes me happy!

Gerry

Gerry, not sure if you have sailed with him before but he is great. Love trivia with him but he's tough. Bring your thinking shoes:D

Enjoying your brief updates and CD news from Nautica. Can't wait to see where she will be summer 2016. African buffet sounds very interesting. We enjoyed the Terrace so much that we ate all our dinners on our last cruise there (with the exception of the speciality reservations we were entitled to).

Barbara

During the next to last night theater performance on Riviera last week, where the crew is introduced and applauded, Leslie Jon announced that he was leaving Riviera after our cruise. He did not indicate whether or not he was leaving Oceania, but it was clear that he was not going to be on Riviera anymore.

During the next to last night theater performance on Riviera last week, where the crew is introduced and applauded, Leslie Jon announced that he was leaving Riviera after our cruise. He did not indicate whether or not he was leaving Oceania, but it was clear that he was not going to be on Riviera anymore.

I suspect - at least hope - that he was just leaving Riviera for a vacation.

CDs are entitled to a vacation, after all :D

When we cruised with him last Nov/Dec, he did say he was leaving for a vacation shortly after our cruise but would return for our T/A on 4/1. I hope that this did not change as he is THE BEST.

He was temporarily assigned to Riviera when the then CD left. He told us in December that he was scheduled to be on Riv until April.

He was originally to be on Insignia in December.

Now that Insignia won't be back until mid March -- makes sense that he might be heading back to Insignia after a short break.

Think O would like their best/most experienced CD on the World Cruise.

OMG more NCL CDs?? Remembering Bob Drewes came from there...

Edited by PaulMCO

He was temporarily assigned to Riviera when the then CD left. He told us in December that he was scheduled to be on Riv until April.

He was originally to be on Insignia in December.

Now that Insignia won't be back until mid March -- makes sense that he might be heading back to Insignia after a short break.

Think O would like their best/most experienced CD on the World Cruise.

Unless it's changed, and it easily could, Andy Heath was to be the CD on the World Cruise.

The Norwegian Jade used to have a good one - Gary Glading. Fluent in a number of languages and very personable. Wrote a few books. Not the typical NCL hard sell CD. Seems to have retired to run an animal sanctuary.

Hi!

We had dinner with Leslie last week on the Riviera. He told us that he was going on vacation. We will be back on the Riviera in March and he told us he will be there as well. He was onboard now filling in for David Shermet who resigned. Nolan Dean will be on Riviera until Leslie returns(in about 2 and a half months).

Rhea

Enjoying your brief updates and CD news from Nautica. Can't wait to see where she will be summer 2016. African buffet sounds very interesting. We enjoyed the Terrace so much that we ate all our dinners on our last cruise there (with the exception of the speciality reservations we were entitled to).

Barbara

And here I thought I was the only person who practically lived on the Terrace! I did one cruise in which the only time I stepped into the main dining room was for the muster drill. That same cruise I went to only one show (the one where crew comes out en masse - love that!)

Agree that Leslie Jon is great, although I never went to Trivia, either! (What you ask, DID I go to?)

Anyway, I have not cruised NCL, so I have no idea what CDs on there are like. Can someone give me a clue, just in case the new folks end up being more NCL-ish than O-ish? I really don't like CDs that are just way, way too bubbly or would be comedians, nor am I interested in a Captain that slings hamburgers like the one that's so popular on Azamara...but new CDs should be OK in my book as long as they're personable and knowledgeable!

Hi!

We had dinner with Leslie last week on the Riviera. He told us that he was going on vacation. We will be back on the Riviera in March and he told us he will be there as well. He was onboard now filling in for David Shermet who resigned. Nolan Dean will be on Riviera until Leslie returns(in about 2 and a half months).

Rhea

I am glad to hear this as this re-affirms what I have been told by Leslie on our cruise in December.

Of course, things can change between now and March/April but I am hoping to sail with him on our B2B cruise :)

Gerry, not sure if you have sailed with him before but he is great. Love trivia with him but he's tough. Bring your thinking shoes:D

I have never met the gentleman. Our CD on our last Oceania (which was our first Oceania as well) cruise was Nolan Dean. I thought he was a bit wishy-washy.

As to "thinking shoes" -- I never leave home without them. But I am, for the present, without a Trivia Team! so if you know anyone who wants an ex-Rhodesian Swiss on their team let me know...:)

More news

Willie Ames has returned to the fleet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's great news, loved Willie on his first South Pacific cruise. Now that he's married, will Winnie (his wife) travel with him? Anyone know his schedule?

For this spring T/A??? I guess we will see...but for the Trivia Team....I do hope it is Leslie...as he WILL challenge us, right?????? LuAnn

Challenge, frustrate and entertain us :D

Edited by Paulchili

We love Julie James as well. She is great fun and may unexpectedly turn up at your table with one of the entertainers and have dinner with you. She even brings wine to share. She is leaving Nautica and going to Marina after this current cruise. She also makes trivia enjoyable and a challenge.