Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Thanks for finding that, it answers some questions I had.  I was wondering if those aft facing cabins were shorter in length than typical balcony cabins but they appear to be the same.  They are all shorter than the typical cabin on Fantasia, Seaside and Meraviglia class.  The balcony on deck 11 aft facing is pretty much the same size as the typical side facing balcony cabins.  I don't like the shower curtains.  Still, a great assignment for a GTY.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, pokeyjane said:

Hi! Thoughts on Meraviglia, 4 people. 13150 which is the longer balcony by the bump or an aft (12263, 13255 or 12253)? Looking for space of room and balcony, not so concerned with location.

12253 Has a small balcony, the aft facing balconies are not large, but 13150 is large however only gives a forward facing view. it is also affected by the shadow of the deck 15 overhang. 

see images (there are two, use the  scroll bar on the left)

13150_meraviglia.jpg

13150_meraviglia_2.jpg

hope this is of use

Pete

• 1 month later...

Do you have any thoughts or opinion on 10244 (aft balcony) on Magnifica?

After posting I found a deck plan that makes it appear that this cabin has some obstruction from a steel wall.  Correct?

Edited by Stockjock

On 2/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, Stockjock said:

Do you have any thoughts or opinion on 10244 (aft balcony) on Magnifica?

After posting I found a deck plan that makes it appear that this cabin has some obstruction from a steel wall.  Correct?

222_magnnifica_stern.jpg?width=450&heigh

this is the  outside view of the cabin which does show a steel wall on the side but i don't think it is as bad as you may suspect but i've noticed that the deck plan seems to suggest that the balcony is not square but tapers in to the curve of the the steel wall as shown by the "blue" area in the image below  and this may indicate a smaller balcony area than would be normal.

This is an educated guess.

222_magnnifica_stern_deck_plan.jpg?width

hope this helps

Pete

• Like 1

Hi we have been given suite 14001 on Magnifica,  it looks obstructed! Msc said it isn’t and won’t let us swap. Can anyone please advise information on this cabin, thanks janice 

Edited by boogybaby
Missed information

On 2/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, Skier52 said:

222_magnnifica_stern.jpg?width=450&heigh

this is the  outside view of the cabin which does show a steel wall on the side but i don't think it is as bad as you may suspect but i've noticed that the deck plan seems to suggest that the balcony is not square but tapers in to the curve of the the steel wall as shown by the "blue" area in the image below  and this may indicate a smaller balcony area than would be normal.

This is an educated guess.

222_magnnifica_stern_deck_plan.jpg?width

hope this helps

Pete

2_mmagnifica_b_copy_2.jpg?width=285&heig

Here is the definitive answer

it is listed on the MSC deck plan on the MSC web site  as

PARTIAL VIEW as it is shaded blue

Pete

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 8:55 PM, boogybaby said:

Hi we have been given suite 14001 on Magnifica,  it looks obstructed! Msc said it isn’t and won’t let us swap. Can anyone please advise information on this cabin, thanks janice 

From the deck plans it is not defined as "obstructed" which has a specific meaning with regard to cruise ships.

FRom the image Here i would say the field of view is limited and obstructed with regard to the definition 

3_,magfnif_copy_copy(1).jpg?width=450&he

and without the red square for clearer image of the balcony

3_,magfnif_copy_copy.jpg?width=450&heigh

on the deck plan MSC provide does not look as if it is obstructed, nor is it defined as such 

see answer re 10242 above         

5_madnif.jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bo

I hope this helps a bit, but the idea of "obstructed " means different things to different people.

Pete     

6 hours ago, boogybaby said:

Thanks Pete, I do think it will be obstructed but MSC won’t budge it’s sad because it’s our first suite and others are available. Lesson learned in future I don’t pay until I’m happy with the allocation. Janice

I don't think it will be a bad as you are fearing.

Looking at  the images below it is easy to see that the only problem is the steel of the hull in the top left, as viewed from outside the ship; which I don't think will block much of the view unless you are very tall. It may make it a bit less sunny on parts of the balcony, or to put it another way it will provide much needed shady areas.

Don't stress too much about it. You JAVEOBE OF TE NICE   

9_magnifica.jpg?width=450&height=278&fit

8_m,agnifica.jpg?width=450&height=278&fi

7 hours ago, boogybaby said:

Thanks Pete, I do think it will be obstructed but MSC won’t budge it’s sad because it’s our first suite and others are available. Lesson learned in future I don’t pay until I’m happy with the allocation. Janice

don't think it will be a bad as you are fearing.

Looking at  the images below it is easy to see that the only problem is the steel of the hull in the top left, as viewed from outside the ship; which I don't think will block much of the view unless you are very tall. It may make it a bit less sunny on parts of the balcony, or to put it another way it will provide much needed shady areas.

Don't stress too much about it. You have one of the nicest cabins on the ship.

When the ship first commissioned your cabin was a   YACHT CLUB cabin, THe YC has since been downgraded on this ship.

Look forward to your cruise and have a great time and enjoy it

PETE

8_m,agnifica.jpg?width=450&height=278&fi

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Hi Pete , looking for info on meraviglia  YC cabin 16001. How much can one see of the bridge?  Is there a door directly to lounge at end of hall. Thanks so much.

Don't know about the bridge but Yes there will be people using the door into the lounge

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, walters–mor said:

We are in YC on Grandiosa next April. 
we are staying inside 16008. 
is that a good place?

I have no direct experience of inside cabins on MSC.

However looking on the deck plans you will see that you are in a group of 13 cabins, 4 inside and 9 balconies, with no less than 5 exits from that area (stairs; lifts; entrance to the Top Sail Lounge(TSL); and 2 exits the concierge area). So given that there will be only approx 26 guests using these routes. I would not expect noise from other guests to be an issue. There may be a limited amount of music coming from the entertainment in the TSL.

The real point is it is difficult to find a bad area of the  YTC, except deck 17,(lol).

so I think you have nothing to worry about,so just plan to have a great cruise, will be even more fun if you get to use deck 17. finding the entrance is on a par with finding platform 12 and 3/4 for the Hogwarts Express .

Hope this helps

Pete   

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, Skier52 said:

I have no direct experience of inside cabins on MSC.

However looking on the deck plans you will see that you are in a group of 13 cabins, 4 inside and 9 balconies, with no less than 5 exits from that area (stairs; lifts; entrance to the Top Sail Lounge(TSL); and 2 exits the concierge area). So given that there will be only approx 26 guests using these routes. I would not expect noise from other guests to be an issue. There may be a limited amount of music coming from the entertainment in the TSL.

The real point is it is difficult to find a bad area of the  YTC, except deck 17,(lol).

so I think you have nothing to worry about,so just plan to have a great cruise, will be even more fun if you get to use deck 17. finding the entrance is on a par with finding platform 12 and 3/4 for the Hogwarts Express .

Hope this helps

Pete   

Lol

do you mean 9 3/4?

Booked a Bella balcony cabin 8094 on Grandiosa.  I don't think it showed as obstructed during booking, but the confirm shows that it's obstructed with a lifeboat.  Do you have any more info on this cabin?  How obstructed is it? Would it be better to move up to a smaller, unobstructed Bella, or pony up another $300 or so for an unobstructed Fantastica?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Stockjock

On 3/18/2021 at 4:17 AM, Stockjock said:

Booked a Bella balcony cabin 8094 on Grandiosa.  I don't think it showed as obstructed during booking, but the confirm shows that it's obstructed with a lifeboat.  Do you have any more info on this cabin?  How obstructed is it? Would it be better to move up to a smaller, unobstructed Bella, or pony up another $300 or so for an unobstructed Fantastica?

Thanks in advance!

I'be only been able to find a picture of the view frim a deck 8 ocean view cabin, can't find one of a deck 8 balcony. I would expect the view to be similar, except he lifeboat, (about level with the bottom of the glass panel of the balcony ) would ne afw feet away as there is probably a walkway beneath your cabin. This is true of the ship I know well Divina. see image.

I can't advise you on the upgrades you mention except that you say need to consider

1) how many sea days have you?

2) How much use will you make of a balcony on a port day?

3) Do you stay aboard or visit the area?

Personally I would upgrade to a Fantastica cabin as we tend to only do half days off the ship and use the balcony whilst on board. 

So you need to work out how you actually use the balcony nsed n at least those questions above

I'd also see what has been  removed from Fantastica to create   Bella. It used to mean that sometimes Dinner was served in the Buffet for Bella, albeit in a designated area with full waiter service. and delivery charges on room service.

i'm not an expert on the newer ships but have a good knowledge of where to find good factual information and at creating cabin location images.

Cabin 8046 window view

8046_grandiosa.jpg?width=450&height=278&

Divina , showing walkway

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg?width=450&height

External view of 8096 location

MSCgrandiosa(2).jpg?width=450&height=278

Hope this helps

Pete

• Like 1