Getting Worried, Still No Assigned Room

monicakm

We have a guarantee B2 cabin but still no assigned room (Emerald) as of yet and we sail on Feb 1. I know they said we might not be assigned a room till the day of sailing. But does the quickness (or delay) in being assigned a room "mean" anything? Like are they having a hard time figuring out what to do with us? LOL. From what I understand B2 cabins are only on the Caribe deck and that's where I requested to be (balcony).

Thanks

We have a guarantee B2 cabin but still no assigned room (Emerald) as of yet and we sail on Feb 1. I know they said we might not be assigned a room till the day of sailing. But does the quickness (or delay) in being assigned a room "mean" anything? Like are they having a hard time figuring out what to do with us? LOL. From what I understand B2 cabins are only on the Caribe deck and that's where I requested to be (balcony).

Thanks

You will be assigned at least a B2 cabin or you could be upgraded to a B1 cabin, same cabin but more mid ship, also only on the Caribe deck. Princess may upgrade you to a mini-suite and if they do the cabin will be on deck 9 or maybe one of the few sought after minis on deck 8, aft.

Thanks

If you are worried why don't you call Princess and ask them?:)

If you are worried why don't you call Princess and ask them?:)
There's no need to call. Just keep checking your Cruise Personalizer. When we have an upcoming cruise with a guarantee cabin booked, I check a couple of times a week initially. When it gets down to three weeks to go, I'm checking every day. And when it's down to a week to go without an assignment, I check two or three times a day. We have always had an assignment before we got to the pier--although once it was too late to print luggage tags.

While I understand the urge to keep checking, you might as well face the cold, hard truth: you'll be where you'll be. The only reason I can think of to be concerned is that you can't specify "no upgrade" or "meta-upgrade only" until you actually have a cabin assignment. (Oh, and if you're very fussy and have Princess Platinum insurance, you could just not go if your location were not to your liking.)

I had thought that once a guarantee was assigned, you could request a lateral move to a different cabin in the same category, but my very savvy TA assures me that's not so.

There are many, many, many things in life to be worried about. Where you'll be on the Emerald Princess is not one of them.

Edited by shepp

It looks like all balconies and above are sold out, so you should probably be getting your assignment soon. If they keep you at a balcony, then it looks like you will remain on the Caribe deck. The alternative would be a free upgrade to a mini or better.

Don't let it worry you -- and see you in Houston on the 1st :)

Join the roll call if you haven't already :)

While I understand the urge to keep checking, you might as well face the cold, hard truth: you'll be where you'll be. The only reason I can think of to be concerned is that you can't specify "no upgrade" or "meta-upgrade only" until you actually have a cabin assignment.

Luggage tags. If they don't assign the room early enough, I will have to fill out my own luggage tags!:eek: I have a guarantee on a cruise coming up soon and no cabin assignment yet. I did get a hint, however, in one of those "EMERGENCY!!!!!" emails about staggered boarding. The deck was "Upper" and the zone was "Aft." We'll see.

While I understand the urge to keep checking, you might as well face the cold, hard truth: you'll be where you'll be. The only reason I can think of to be concerned is that you can't specify "no upgrade" or "meta-upgrade only" until you actually have a cabin assignment. (Oh, and if you're very fussy and have Princess Platinum insurance, you could just not go if your location were not to your liking.)

I had thought that once a guarantee was assigned, you could request a lateral move to a different cabin in the same category, but my very savvy TA assures me that's not so.

There are many, many, many things in life to be worried about. Where you'll be on the Emerald Princess is not one of them.

You need to get a new TA or they are not as savvy as you think - you can request a change in cabin within the same category once a guarantee has been allocated to you - I have done it:)

You will be assigned at least a B2 cabin or you could be upgraded to a B1 cabin, same cabin but more mid ship, also only on the Caribe deck. Princess may upgrade you to a mini-suite and if they do the cabin will be on deck 9 or maybe one of the few sought after minis on deck 8, aft.

The Princess rep and I discussed the possibility of an upgrade. After asking questions, I agreed to an upgrade. Later I spoke with another rep. After that conversation I decided I didn't want an upgrade. I just can't remember WHY. I wanted a partly covered partly uncovered balcony on a deck that didn't have any public areas above or below it. I've been on the Caribe deck twice before and wanted to stay there again. Maybe she wasn't able to work with those parameters if we upgraded. I was just wondering if the delay in assigning us a room meant they were having a hard time figuring out where to stash us <g> and waiting till the last minute to say "sorry, how about an inside cabin and $50 OBC: :o

Luggage tags. If they don't assign the room early enough, I will have to fill out my own luggage tags!:eek: I have a guarantee on a cruise coming up soon and no cabin assignment yet. I did get a hint, however, in one of those "EMERGENCY!!!!!" emails about staggered boarding. The deck was "Upper" and the zone was "Aft." We'll see.

Wait! I've already printed out 8 luggage tags, folded them and carefully wrapped them in tape. Princess didn't tell me to wait till I had an assigned room before printing the tags. So I'm going to have to do it again when I get to the ship? I didn't this early to save time. It didn't even dawn on me that the room number wasn't on them!

Edited by monicakm

The Princess rep and I discussed the possibility of an upgrade. After asking questions, I agreed to an upgrade. Later I spoke with another rep. After that conversation I decided I didn't want an upgrade. I just can't remember WHY. I wanted a partly covered partly uncovered balcony on a deck that didn't have any public areas above or below it. I've been on the Caribe deck twice before and wanted to stay there again. Maybe she wasn't able to work with those parameters if we upgraded. I was just wondering if the delay in assigning us a room meant they were having a hard time figuring out where to stash us <g> and waiting till the last minute to say "sorry, how about an inside cabin and $50 OBC: :o

If you have a GTY, your preference for type of balcony or deck location has no meaning. GTY means you can be assigned to any category (the one you booked or higher) at any location on the ship.

You may have a GTY on a balcony in category BD or B4 which do exist on the Caribe deck on some ships, but the same categories also exist on other decks so you might stay in the same category and not end up on Caribe.

. . .

But it is so. Done it myself. I fear you need a savvier TA.

Just to clarify, since I see this misconception repeated often, you can still access your Personalizer to print out boarding passes/luggage tags right up until virtually the last minute (I know the night before, it still worked; can't say about sailing morning but don't see why not). Since cabins are never assigned the day of sailing, you should always be able to have an actual printed luggage tag and proper boarding pass just by being patient.

If you have a GTY, your preference for type of balcony or deck location has no meaning. GTY means you can be assigned to any category (the one you booked or higher) at any location on the ship.

You may have a GTY on a balcony in category BD or B4 which do exist on the Caribe deck on some ships, but the same categories also exist on other decks so you might stay in the same category and not end up on Caribe.

We're on the Emerald, booked a B2. I don't see any ther deck with a B2 category and others have said Caribe is the only deck with a B2.

So if the email says we've been assigned a mini suite on the Emerald deck, that's that. Not talkin' them out of it? <g>

Since cabins are never assigned the day of sailing, you should always be able to have an actual printed luggage tag and proper boarding pass just by being patient. [/font][/color]

This would indeed be true if one were in the vicinity of a printer when the time came. (Perhaps my little joke about no tags has been taken a tad too seriously in some quarters.)