Canadian cruisers!!

Thanks. I just tried but since my Crown and Anchor status gave me a $43 discount I was not eligible for the $50 on board credit. The rep was very, very nice though which took the sting away. :)

I guess I should have said that I was not allowed the $50 OBC on top of the $43 discount for the Crown and Anchor program I got. I didn't ask her to switch it. It was not worth $7 or the time.:D

We had an issue on the first of our B2Bs and they supposedly caught it before it went through to Miami. The rest of the cruises were OK after that.

We book in US$-- do a CASH account.

Give them our CC later in the cruise which is a US$ account.

Usually it is fine and they don't convert it back to CAN$, DH also tells them specifically to NOT convert it.

It is US$ to pay for a US$ booking. Makes NO difference where we live or have a Canadian Bank account.

They converted it on cruise #1 - they had a new accounting staff we were told......but was reversed by Guest Services and fixed supposedly. The rest of the b2b bills were correct.

Just got our Bank Statement and they converted it to CAN$! So, now tomorrow it is back on the phone to RCL to get it fixed! :(

Not good at all. Our dollar strengthened this week and yet RCL upped the ante. UGH.

They set the rate for a few months and it can take months then with their system to change it.

We had this problem years ago when we booked in CAN$ and our $ went Higher than the US$ but they would nothing about it. We should have had an adjustment but it was not happening!!

Sent off a letter to the RCL Pres. etc. and got a phone call from his office but the assistant was not getting what DH was telling her about the Exchange Rate. She gave us some OBC for a dinner.:rolleyes:

Based on the reports from various CC members, it would seem that RCI is changing the OBC exchange rate very frequently; a departure from past practice of setting it and leaving it for a long time before adjusting it again. Lately though it seems the rate is worse than you could get from a bank or local currency exchange counter.

I am going to screen shot of a cruise I am watching tonight, to see if it drops tomorrow when the sale for Canadians starts tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone else doing this?

me. i'll join you. looking at april 2017 so will wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing the difference in price come tomorrow. I have my parents booked on a surprise 5 night sailing in February. If I can change it to a 7 night sailing for less than $300, I will consider it a deal :)

This sale might save you an additional 5%....if you booked recently and if you did not get any OBC.

The only problem right now is that the website is not functioning properly:eek:

You need to put in a province to get the new rates to appear and they are 5% lower than yesterday (on the main page that shows the rates for all 4 super categories)

After you select a category the rates jump back up to the old prices only showing the 30% discount):(

Looks like I need to call to get one of mine repriced.

I just read someone on another site that says the sale is March 1 - 5, 2016 only.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%205.47.33%20PM_zpsphtyqfit.png

I just checked on line and a CLS on Allure we were tracking dropped about $370. A far cry from 35%, the ad shows. I will have to call them today to see if the price changes are not accurately reflected on-line. We all know how good their online product is. ;):rolleyes:

I figure it must wrong (when is it right:p) as the SLS actually increased by $5000 when you drilled down on it. The only way I saw the discount on the cabin I was looking at was by changing the cabin and that is when the price dropped. Logged in or not the results were the same for me.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I just checked on line and a CLS on Allure we were tracking dropped about $370. A far cry from 35%, the ad shows. I will have to call them today to see if the price changes are not accurately reflected on-line. We all know how good their online product is. ;):rolleyes:

I figure it must wrong (when is it right:p) as the SLS actually increased by $5000 when you drilled down on it. The only way I saw the discount on the cabin I was looking at was by changing the cabin and that is when the price dropped. Logged in or not the results were the same for me.

Andrew, I think they are replacing the 30% off sale with the 35% off sale for Canadians. Net result is only a 5% savings. They are playing with words in their ad....again. I didn't see the free upgrades either.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

:( No price drops for the cruise we're watching... 16 day Transatlantic from Tampa to Rome. It's still showing SOLD OUT !! Hard to believe a cruise that doesn't sail until April of 2017 is sold out but it has been like that for two or three weeks now. We're hoping that when they release the new 2017 European schedule (hopefully this week), we'll know what's going on with this cruise. If they plan on canceling it, they need to let us know soon so we can book something else! :mad:

The Canadian special is showing for my Dec 2016 cruise with no OBC, checked under "view price details". It is good price today if booking. My cruise is still cheaper with 30% when I booked it awhile ago.

Edited by phabric

I checked a couple of 7 day Caribbean cruises for October this year and basically, from what I'm coming up with, is that the special Canadian discount is only 5% more than what the "30% off" price would be. Basically they're giving us an extra 5% which is what Ken mentioned in a previous post. Not a huge savings as far as I'm concerned. :(

i'm not sure where you are supposed to put the 'ontario' in. I can't get it to work but I don't think I really care either. their system is sometimes to complicated for me.

just say Canadians get an additional 5% and be done with it. :rolleyes: