Considering Oceania - mocktails for non-drinker?

dcsam

Still debating about an Alaska cruise out of SEA (no flights). My husband doesn't drink, but does like some of the mocktails (ie, virgin margaritas, bloody mary...). Are these included? I like a couple glass of wine while getting ready for dinner. No problem bringing wine onboard?

Thank you.

We have a friend who doesn't drink alcohol because of medication issues. He gets any virgin drink he asks for, no problem. I think he also requests alcohol free beer. No too certain abut this though, as I don't really notice beer.

Mary

My favorite was virgin Scotch and water.

I confess this is a new one to me. I know about Virgin Bloody Marys and the like, but what is the substitute for Scotch?

I probably won't be ordering it, since I don't like Scotch (I prefer Bourbon myself), but I'm curious!

Mura

I confess this is a new one to me. I know about Virgin Bloody Marys and the like, but what is the substitute for Scotch?

I probably won't be ordering it, since I don't like Scotch (I prefer Bourbon myself), but I'm curious!

Mura

Think it was a Joke Mura. It would have to be a glass of water.

I have seen the menus, they offer two kinds of non alcoholic beer, O'Douls and Buckler. Considered a soft drink, no charge, unless things have changed in the last couple of weeks. My DH says go with Buckler, tastes like a good beer. Still has the calories, though.

Actually this drink can be made easily with a new product - dehydrated water...

Funny you should say that Gerry. Used to work on the Space Shuttle Program and our company provided the food for the Astronauts. We had tours of our facility and some of the food items on display. Most of the food was dehydrated to save weight and water was easily available for "free" as the output of the fuel cells providing power was clean water.

All of the containers were sealed and water was injected into the sealed containers and mixed with the dehydrated food. Of course the water container was sealed as well and injected with water just like the food. The container appeared empty as it was so was entitled on the display "Dehydrated Water" just like you described.

Thus dehydrated water has actually been around and available for quite awhile.

Very good way to wake up to another funny Gerry!!!

Thanks,

According to what's I found that was posted by some traveller, non-alcoholic drinks like Virgin Pina Colada are Complimentary, but there's a charge for non-alcoholic beers. O-Doul's is $4.50 and Buckler is $5.50.

http://www.thepreismans.com/bermuda_regatta_menus.htm

Maybe this has changed? I'm not sure how old this menu is.

According to what's I found that was posted by some traveller, non-alcoholic drinks like Virgin Pina Colada are Complimentary, but there's a charge for non-alcoholic beers. O-Doul's is $4.50 and Buckler is $5.50.

http://www.thepreismans.com/bermuda_regatta_menus.htm

Maybe this has changed? I'm not sure how old this menu is.

We were on Marina in December 2014 and there was a charge for non-alcohol beer.

Funny you should say that Gerry. Used to work on the Space Shuttle Program and our company provided the food for the Astronauts. We had tours of our facility and some of the food items on display. Most of the food was dehydrated to save weight and water was easily available for "free" as the output of the fuel cells providing power was clean water.

All of the containers were sealed and water was injected into the sealed containers and mixed with the dehydrated food. Of course the water container was sealed as well and injected with water just like the food. The container appeared empty as it was so was entitled on the display "Dehydrated Water" just like you described.

Thus dehydrated water has actually been around and available for quite awhile.

Very good way to wake up to another funny Gerry!!!

Thanks,

Very interesting info - thanks Dave.

You'll find them very very good---and even being Free (or included) they never ever make you fill out of place when ordering one.

Rick

Why would you feel "out of place" drinking non alcoholic? To drink alcohol or not is a personal choice, not a trend. For years, I loved drinks without alcohol because I hated the taste f alcohol. Still do, but I occasionally like the buzz so I have a drink with alcohol. Never once did I ever feel out of place anywhere.