Carnival Shareholders OBC

lrockwitt

I faxed a copy of my statement, the form and a copy of the purchase order for the stock a week ago and still no OBC. In fact, my OBC is all screwed up. I don't even see military OBC. I'll call on Monday to see what's up. They may not talk with me since I booked through a TA. But, we'll see. We leave in three weeks.

Your TA is not in the picture when it comes to these issues with Princess.

I faxed a copy of my statement, the form and a copy of the purchase order for the stock a week ago and still no OBC. In fact, my OBC is all screwed up. I don't even see military OBC. I'll call on Monday to see what's up. They may not talk with me since I booked through a TA. But, we'll see. We leave in three weeks.

Military stays there all the time, thats strange its not.

It does have to be within 90 days of your cruise. I have found that it depends a lot as to what time of day I fax mine in. First thing in the morning it has usually posted within a couple of hours. Later in the day it may take a day or two.

Our last cruise was a B2B and I faxed in two separate pages, one for each cruise number. Only one posted. After a couple of days I called in and gave both cruise numbers and when they found my fax they manually put in the second OBC.

• 1 month later...

I just bought CCL shares today and will be cruising in September 2015 as well as February 2016. Can I send in the paperwork each time I cruise or is there a maximum benefit somewhere along the lines?

Thanks in advance if you know the answer to this!

Deb

I just bought CCL shares today and will be cruising in September 2015 as well as February 2016. Can I send in the paperwork each time I cruise or is there a maximum benefit somewhere along the lines?

Deb

There is no maximum. The Shareholder OBC, as well as the Military OBC, can be used on every cruise you take - no matter how many.

Deb

I'm pretty sure there is no limit, but one does have to send the proof in for each cruise. Happy cruising!

Anybody know when we'll be receiving this year's Carnival Corp. proxy statement?

I find this is the easiest proof of ownership.

I received mine early last month. Now if I just could find the means to travel to London to attend the annual meeting.:)

They could come banging on my door for a proportional share of liabilities after a bankruptcy and I would still be in the money on the stock. I'm not getting rich off the dividends, but the OBC since I bought in 2009 has made my basis effectively zero.

If you look at it from a return on invested capital perspective, two 7-day or one 14-day sailing a year, even at today's stock price, inclusive of the dividend yield, is 5%, strictly on the cash flow, not counting unrealized gains.

We bought our 100 CCL shares on Wednesday. Faxed brokerage statement Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday noon, shareholders credits were reflected on the cruise personalizer. We left that Saturday. I was impressed!

Edited by merela

The time it takes to consistently issue SOBC has dramatically improved in the past year or so since they began accepting requests after final payment.

They said that previously they wasted so much time by accepting requests prior to final payment because many passengers cancel before final payment. They further said that using the Princess shareholder application form (not required) to submit requests has helped them quickly issue our credits. Many requests from those not using their form are missing even the basic required info (booking #, ship, etc) & they don't have the time to request the missing info to process requests.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We bought our 100 CCL shares on Wednesday. Faxed brokerage statement Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday noon, shareholders credits were reflected on the cruise personalizer. We left that Saturday. I was impressed!

The time it takes to consistently issue SOBC has dramatically improved in the past year or so since they began accepting requests after final payment.

I'm also very impressed with recent service. 90 minutes after faxing in a request yesterday, I found the OBC was posted.

• 3 months later...

I know one gets $250 for cruise over 14 days. I just checked carnival website and could t find any info on stock credits. We usually do longer cruises but this winter may be doing shorter cruises back to back. Can anyone tell me what a seven day credit is. If cruise is less than 7 is there any credit or is 7 days the minimum

Thanks

I know one gets $250 for cruise over 14 days. I just checked carnival website and could t find any info on stock credits. We usually do longer cruises but this winter may be doing shorter cruises back to back. Can anyone tell me what a seven day credit is. If cruise is less than 7 is there any credit or is 7 days the minimum

Thanks

It has never been on the Carnival website. It is on the CarnivalCorp.com website.

This because the credit comes thru the parent of Carnival Cruise lines.

Others have posted the link to the benefit page on CarnivalCorp.com

Wait!! here it is... http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Edited by thinfool

less than 7 days = $50

7-13 days = $100

14 and more days = $250

Thanks

If you click on this link you can view the application form with all of the info for the shareholders OBC program. It is not required to use the application form however it ensures complete submissions to quickly process our requests.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=355567&d=1436558161

On the form it lists the credit per cabin based on length of cruise:

6 or less: $50

7-13: $100

14+: $250

Edited by Astro Flyer

Any chance the shareholder credit includes the land tour portion, or is it just the cruise portion? Our cruise is 11 days, but the total with land tour is 19 days so it would make a difference.

Thanks.

Any chance the shareholder credit includes the land tour portion, or is it just the cruise portion? Our cruise is 11 days, but the total with land tour is 19 days so it would make a difference.

Thanks.

No, unfortunately the shareholder once only counts cruise days for the amount of credit. I'm on a 15 day Alaska cruisetour but my credit was $100 for the 7 day cruise.

Thanks.

We are very lucky to get it for the cruises.