How about a Cruise Critic Question - about signatures???

Sam.Seattle

Should the length of signatures be limted? (This is to be FUN)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should the length of signatures be limted? (This is to be FUN)

• Yes to 4-lines max and small font only. No Graphic
    • Yes to 8-lines max and medium font. 2-Graphics max.
    • No Limit on Size or Content

Is there a suggested or appropiate CC signature guideline here? I love the insight a "signature" provides the reader. Some of the graphics speak a thousand words... The one thing that does get annoying is the signatures that are sooooo long they take up a entire screen. Yes, I know I can turn off the signature line, but the good signatures out weigh the few excessively long signatures.

Your thoughts???

:D

I'd rather see some limit on photo size as when someone posts one wider than my screen every other post is widened by the same amount and then I have to scroll across the screen to read the thread.

I think this is a good idea. I often have a few windows open as well as a screen devoted to a TV channel on my computer. And none of them full screen. So it's nice if I don't have to scroll back and forth on any of these.

I'd rather see some limit on photo size as when someone posts one wider than my screen every other post is widened by the same amount and then I have to scroll across the screen to read the thread.

I agree

Also how many photos people post in one thread :eek:

just put them on a photo website no need to show your whole vacation photos here

To the OP

I block signatures ;)

I have the ridiculously large counters posted mostly for my own benefit. I can go to my posts and see how long before all our cruises. Lame, I know. :cool:

I love watching it count down to my cruise.

But after the cruise I delete it. As you also appear to do.

I agree

Also how many photos people post in one thread :eek:

just put them on a photo website no need to show your whole vacation photos here

To the OP

I block signatures ;)

I have no problem with the number of photos it's just not being able to see the photo, or the rest of the page full of threads without having to scroll all over the place.

Is there a suggested or appropiate CC signature guideline here? I love the insight a "signature" provides the reader. Some of the graphics speak a thousand words... The one thing that does get annoying is the signatures that are sooooo long they take up a entire screen. Yes, I know I can turn off the signature line, but the good signatures out weigh the few excessively long signatures.

Your thoughts???

:D

The poll is difficult to answer because it combines number of lines and font size in the same choice and it doesn't give an option for "doesn't matter to me".

I can easily scroll past long signatures.

The poll is difficult to answer because it combines number of lines and font size in the same choice and it doesn't give an option for "doesn't matter to me".

I can easily scroll past long signatures.

The third choice should work for you. (no limit)

Edited by Sam.Seattle

The one thing that does get annoying is the signatures that are sooooo long they take up a entire screen. Yes, I know I can turn off the signature line, but the good signatures out weigh the few excessively long signatures.

Agreed. I block avatars, but not signatures. I put users on "Ignore" if their signature is too long, has too many pictures, or if it has one of those little crawling ants... agh! The worst. :p;):D

^^^^^^^^^ This. :)

I don't understand why someone who has been on a great many cruises lists them in a verticle list, one cruise to a line. Their post might be three lines and the list of their cruises in signature might be 10" or more. If they want to list them all, why wouldn't they type them across the page in normal horizontal set up?

^^^^^^^^^ This. :)

I don't understand why someone who has been on a great many cruises lists them in a verticle list, one cruise to a line. Their post might be three lines and the list of their cruises in signature might be 10" or more. If they want to list them all, why wouldn't they type them across the page in normal horizontal set up?

I agree. Either that or take some responsibility when posting....meaning show your looooong signature once then uncheck the "show your signature" box on all future posts on that thread.

I find the .sigs where people list every elite club they belong to and every cruise they have taken to be egotistical and a waste of space and my time to scroll through. Who cares that you are 20-star with HAL, Carnival Triple Elite and cruised on the Titanic????

I don't mind a single countdown banner for the next cruise. And, I don't mind small avatars. A 3-4 line .sig with small fonts is OK, too.

I find the .sigs where people list every elite club they belong to and every cruise they have taken to be egotistical and a waste of space and my time to scroll through. Who cares that you are 20-star with HAL, Carnival Triple Elite and cruised on the Titanic????

I don't mind a single countdown banner for the next cruise. And, I don't mind small avatars. A 3-4 line .sig with small fonts is OK, too.

That sums it up for me too

And... I find it interesting to see who is and who is not.... posting a comment here.

Yea.... I turned off my signature... (just for this reply):D:D:D