NEW Suite Upgrades....

I would agree with you here.

Certainly not exhaustive, but my cruising research shows that the cheapest cruises are the first two weeks in December, and the second cheapest cruises are the end of April/early May.

Followed closely by early January and most of hurricane season. That's when we sail, with the addition of early March for wife's birthday

I think they did a B2B with a GS? for one?? Could be mistaken but I think that was what they were planning on here with asking for advice about cabins.

That is a 2017 cruise on Serenade. Will be heaven if they squeeze CK onto her. :D

From what I recall, we have paid somewhere around $3500-4500 for GS in the past. Liberty in late April 2016 was over $7000. That's my version of insane. ;)

We have only done one GS. 12 night Mediterranean in June 2010. It was $8200. Plus all the expense of getting to Barcelona, hotels, etc.

Our upcoming RS is a 10 night southern in 2017 for $9200. No travel expenses to speak of. Seems fair to me

John&LaLa,

You got a heck of a deal on your RS.

The 10 night Southern 29 March 17, I was looking forward to on the Adventure in my opinion is way over priced,

RS for 2 $22789.44

OS for 2 $13145.55

GS for 2 $7039.44

I booked the Navigator 6 January 17 9 night Southern for 3 at $5947.61 in OS.

What is very interesting, I can do a B2B on the Adventure same islands, 14 nights sailing in an Owner Suite for a little over $3800 less. Oh yes, we are doing that.

I would say that Royal's pricing this year seems to be off kilter.

Edited by ltjn

This is a very interesting read that points up some of the challenges for RCCL. Vicki Freed says the Oasis and Allure have 260 suites in 6 different categories [emoji79] Contrast that with Legend where I count (from the deck plans) 19 suites (not including the JS).

I only counted about 75 full suites on the OA deck plans and was too lazy to count JS, but her statements are silly and in some instances untrue. Regent's Mariner has 350 suites, more than any RCI ship. RCI may collectively have more suites than Regent, but they also have far more, not to mention far larger, ships so it's not a valid comparison IMO.

I sent an email to Michael Bayley last night and got a response this a.m. from him saying "Please do not worry. Your Grand Suite will be pefect".

Michael

Not sure what that means but at least our comments are being seen.

It means, " I'm too busy to think about it so will make a silly statement that can't possibly be true.":rolleyes:

Edited by critterchick

I only counted about 75 full suites on the OA deck plans and was too lazy to count JS, but her statements are silly and in some instances untrue.

I looked and including JS's, I make it around 174... Where did she get 260 from!? She also said it was 260 over 6 categories... I can roughly work out 6, if I exclude JS's!

Let's hope the inaccuracies in info means she is also wrong about the announcement and roll out dates!

My guess would be something modeled after The Haven on NCL + something extra. They started it already with Coastal Kitchen (which was awesome btw on our Dec. Quantum sailing) and were making upgrades to the Suite Sun Deck during our sailing (they added a shower ?? and either a way to call for a waiter or adding a mini bar, not sure).

Letter and my brand new block. :cool:

Let me try again with shutterfly

Here it is. This is from our April 11, 2015 sailing. We were in JS 9642

Actually, we were told we were eligible by the onboard sales agent.

We were booking some future sailings while waiting for cabin to be ready

ry%3D400

Here it is. This is from our April 11, 2015 sailing. We were in JS 9642

Actually, we were told we were eligible by the onboard sales agent.

We were booking some future sailings while waiting for cabin to be ready

ry%3D400

Thanks for sharing your letter. The first sentence in the 2nd paragraph welcomes you as a special VIP guest. I'm curious what that means? And are those who are not special VIP's given the letter that you received?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Thanks for sharing your letter. The first sentence in the 2nd paragraph welcomes you as a special VIP guest. I'm curious what that means? And are those who are not special VIP's given the letter that you received?

Never noticed that part. Really not that special. Low level D+.

Letter and my brand new block. :cool:

Let me try again with shutterfly

Thanks for posting John. We were GS'ers until the vouchers came out. Now we've become JS'ers. Good to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I recall, we have paid somewhere around $3500-4500 for GS in the past. Liberty in late April 2016 was over $7000. That's my version of insane. ;)

OMG.... Good luck with that one RCI!

When booking a GS I also try to stay around or under $3500-4500 esp on Freedom class. And, only get a GS or above for special sailings such as birthdays or anniv. IS any Coastal Kitchen worth an extra $3000???? EEWW

Let RCI capture that class of traveler that will spend that kind of $$$

Let us see if it is sustainable with their 22 ships.:)

I may have to do JS on Oasis from now on. We have a big string of Freedom's coming up until Oasis comes to PC. Barefoot Beach is a nice perk for the suite crowd

Folowing along on the thread.

Question.

Do you know when the Oasis is coming to PC? or Is it an Oasis class ship?

I have read various post on CC, and trying to sort out the validity of some.

Thanks for your help.

We love sailing out of PC, easier for us to get flights.

Thanks

Folowing along on the thread.

Question.

Do you know when the Oasis is coming to PC? or Is it an Oasis class ship?

I have read various post on CC, and trying to sort out the validity of some.

Thanks for your help.

We love sailing out of PC, easier for us to get flights.

Thanks

Oasis starts cruising out of Port Canaveral in Nov 2016.