NEW Suite Upgrades....

I had the opportunity this evening to look back at some of our wonderful cruises... The full menu suite breakfast is an awesome perk. Thank you RCCL for bring me Eggs Benedict on my balcony as I watch the sunrise!

Except in typical Carnival fashion, they took a good idea and made it a horrible one. The Havana rooms & suites have communal balconies. At best anyone staying in the Havana area can walk onto your balcony and at worst... anyone on the ship can walk onto your balcony and help them self to your hammock and your room if left unlocked.

It remains to be seen whether they will close off the promenade so that only Havana passengers have access to this area. (Looking at the deck plans seems to indicate that only the Havana pool area will be blocked off not the rooms) I personally would never pay for a suite that I don't have any amount of privacy in and have to constantly lock the balcony door and keep the curtains closed. DUMB DUMB DUMB! :rolleyes:

I noticed that also. What a terrible design! I would never book one of those rooms for that reason alone.

We are taking our first RCCL cruise next March on the Liberty. We are staying in the Royal Family Suite. I've read this whole thread, but am a little confused as to where we fall in the mix. What is the difference between Suite, Concierge, Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Gold Card? And which one would we be considered? I'm trying to figure out what benefits apply to us. TIA!

We are taking our first RCCL cruise next March on the Liberty. We are staying in the Royal Family Suite. I've read this whole thread, but am a little confused as to where we fall in the mix. What is the difference between Suite, Concierge, Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Gold Card? And which one would we be considered? I'm trying to figure out what benefits apply to us. TIA!

The Royal Family Suite is considered a full suite, with all the services of the Concierge in the Concierge Lounge. You will also have a gold colored SeaPass card. The Diamond, etc. stuff does not apply to you.

I don't recall EVER seeing a MDR in our suites. I know it was always available in the CL but if it was in the room, I never saw it.

Well if they are still saying "spring" to announce the new enhancements, it should be fast approaching.

the daily menu is in the fake leather booklet that is on the coffee table. depending on cabin steward, they will leave the day's menu out on the bed during the morning clean up instead of placing it directly in the booklet. i have had it delivered that way about half the time.

it is single sheet of paper, not a full copy of the menu like you get in the CL.

The Royal Family Suite is considered a full suite, with all the services of the Concierge in the Concierge Lounge. You will also have a gold colored SeaPass card. The Diamond, etc. stuff does not apply to you.

Thanks, Bob!

loricfam

to answer you question about the diamond, diamond plus etc. they are the different levels of the crown and anchor which is royal's loyalty program. after you first cruise you can enroll inthe C&A. As you go up in levels there are perks that you get. the first level is gold but this is not the same as the gold card you will get for being in a suite. Make sure you enroll after your first cruise. You will enjoy the Liberty. It is one of my favorite ships

Anyone know anything about the cabanas on barefoot beach in Labadee? Which ones are the better ones? How soon do you contact someone to reserve one?

I would contact the Concierge a few weeks before the cruise.

Anyone know anything about the cabanas on barefoot beach in Labadee? Which ones are the better ones? How soon do you contact someone to reserve one?

Over the water is the best. I think they're 3,4,5, and 6 but don't quote me on that. My DW emailed the suite concierge about two weeks prior to the cruise and we scored one.

So today Michael Bayley announces it will be called The Royal Suite Program and that it will be launched soon, and that it will feature new amenities and benefits to enhance the suite experience. But we still do not know when and what, so we continue to wait for more infomation.

It was certainly a subject of question during the "Common Ground" meeting with MB and his senior team on The Anthem today. The question was answered like a politician .......revealing nothing. :eek:

Although in fairness to the team they seemed dedicated on many ongoing improvemnts in many areas, in the mean time many on these pages will continue the guesswork.

So today Michael Bayley announces it will be called The Royal Suite Program and that it will be launched soon, and that it will feature new amenities and benefits to enhance the suite experience. But we still do not know when and what, so we continue to wait for more infomation.

It was certainly a subject of question during the "Common Ground" meeting with MB and his senior team on The Anthem today. The question was answered like a politician .......revealing nothing. :eek:

Although in fairness to the team they seemed dedicated on many ongoing improvemnts in many areas, in the mean time many on these pages will continue the guesswork.

Thanks for the update :D

Your bug makes me crazy also :eek:;)

For our January cruise I emailed the concierge about 3 months prior to reserve an over the water Cabana. it was about 3-4 weeks before departure that I received an email response confirming that I had over the water #1.

I think it's great that they are adding perks to the Suites. However, I am surprised that they still have not replaced the cushions for the wicker furniture on the balconies that they threw out during drydock on FR -- the HD told me they were on order but a friend who is on the ship now does not have them and heard that they might not be getting them. The furniture is uncomfortable without the cushions and would throw my back out even worse than it is now. If we get an upgrade offer for 5-17 that has a fee, I will probably still stay with the JS.

Edited by SherriZ366

I think it's great that they are adding perks to the Suites. However, I am surprised that they still have not replaced the cushions for the wicker furniture on the balconies that they threw out during drydock on FR -- the HD told me they were on order but a friend who is on the ship now does not have them and heard that they might not be getting them. The furniture is uncomfortable without the cushions and would throw my back out even worse than it is now. If we get an upgrade offer for 5-17 that has a fee, I will probably still stay with the JS.

And what about the not so Suite balcony furniture on the new aft GS cabins on decks 11, 12 and 14 on Oasis?

I stayed in an Over the Water Cabana last week in Labadee (Sailed on Oasis). It was OW1, and they have 4 over the water cabanas at barefoot beach (the suite beach). You typically can not reserve the cabanas for barefoot beach through the website, you need to contact your onboard concierge. I sent them an email numerous times prior to the cruise (6 months in advance, 3 months in advance, and then one last email 2 weeks prior to the cruise and finally got a response letting me know I had one reserved. They do save some of the cabanas for suite guests, and those in a Crown Loft Suite and above have first priority. The cabana was really nice to have and can be a pain to try and get but well worth it, good luck!

Sailed in a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis last week (April 11-18) and I am an emerald member. I did not notice any additional suite perks compared to when I sailed last July on Oasis in a Crown Loft as well. Internet was much faster than last July but it was not free (it's $10 per day per device which is much cheaper than it used to be and you get a small discount depending on your C&A status). The standard perks were still all available, such as free pressing service for the first formal night, pillow menu, ability to order room service from the main dining room, etc.

I'd forgotten about this! I can't believe they haven't replaced those cushions yet, and now quite possibly not at all? It's not even like they're a traditional lounger with a topper of additional padding like they have in the Solarium. Those wicker loungers in suites were designed to have padding. It would be like sitting on a sofa without cushions. We're on FOS in September in an OS. I know it seems like a bit of a first world problem, but we spend a lot of time out on the balcony, and that was definitely a consideration when we decided to splurge on a suite.

How can they think that not replacing them is acceptable?

Edited by jules815

I'd forgotten about this! I can't believe they haven't replaced those cushions yet, and now quite possibly not at all? It's not even like they're a traditional lounger with a topper of additional padding like they have in the Solarium. Those wicker loungers in suites were designed to have padding. It would be like sitting on a sofa without cushions. We're on FOS in September in an OS. I know it seems like a bit of a first world problem, but we spend a lot of time out on the balcony, and that was definitely a consideration when we decided to splurge on a suite.

How can they think that not replacing them is acceptable?

The same way they can think it's OK to completely remove loungers from the GS balconies on the Navigator, and then bring you an old beater from the pool deck when you ask for one.:( Unfortunately, since there isn't any standard as to what a person can expect from class-to-class, or even between different ships within a class, they seem to do what is most convenient and cost effective.