NEW Suite Upgrades....

Pretty sure Barefoot Beach is limited to the gold card crowd (GS and above and Pinnacles).

Thats correct.

But, if they are invited to join someone in a cabana (barefoot beach one), they will get in.

Later

Edited by Lionesss

Wow this OP has turned into a general conversation and nothing to do with new suite upgrades. It's raining in Chicago.

It has remained generally on the topic of suites, the current benefits, what we would like to see etc. So, it went marginally off topic, what thread doesn't?!

Plus, if the announcement doesn't actually come until fall, imagine the tangents it will go off on before then!

Sorry it is raining in Chicago, it's raining in England too! ;)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I had read the announcement was coming in Spring. I would like to see free ultimate drink packages, free speciality dining, premium show seating, butler service, free laundry and premium pool seating lol as they say the worst they can say is no.

I had read the announcement was coming in Spring. I would like to see free ultimate drink packages, free speciality dining, premium show seating, butler service, free laundry and premium pool seating lol as they say the worst they can say is no.

Originally it was quoted as late spring, now a recent quote has been made saying fall for roll out next year... Who knows!

I think some of those ideas are great and absolutely, the worst they can say is no!!

We made the mistake of not researching the product properly before we booked, and changed our plans when we realised that a suite would not meet our expectations. It was our error, but I have since been quite surprised by how many other people pay an additional sum of thousands of dollars and don't actually know what they will get for their money apart from floor space and a few minor perks.

Thats correct.

But, if they are invited to join someone in a cabana (barefoot beach one), they will get in.

Later

I think you have to check with the Concierge??

Yes, your cabana holds 6 and if you want to invite 4 non-suite people in, you just need to give their names to the Concierge so they'll be on the list that's checked off as you enter. Anybody can rent a cabana if they are available after suites and Pinnacles rent them. But if a suite dweller isn't in a cabana, I don't believe that they can invite non-suite pax onto BB.

It has remained generally on the topic of suites, the current benefits, what we would like to see etc. So, it went marginally off topic, what thread doesn't?!

Plus, if the announcement doesn't actually come until fall, imagine the tangents it will go off on before then!

Sorry it is raining in Chicago, it's raining in England too! ;)

It's sunny and 90 in central texas!

d+ can access Barefootbeach if they have a cabana. Suites and pinnacles have first access to cabanas at barefoot beach, Suites and pinnacles can use Barefoot beach without having a cabana. If a suite guest does not have a cabana they cannot invite non suite guests to use the beach.

Edited by billsgal

I would love to take that Rhapsody TA from Rome to PC, but they priced it out of our comfort zone.

For what it is worth, my GS on the 2016 Westbound Rhapsody TA (14 days) is costing less than my balcony for the previous 10 day cruise.

-Holly

Current on the Serenade Eastbound TA. Wifi? Where did it go. 6.8 kps at best.

For what it is worth, my GS on the 2016 Westbound Rhapsody TA (14 days) is costing less than my balcony for the previous 10 day cruise.

-Holly

I had the same idea to do the cruise from Venice before the TA, but you are correct, that Venice cruise is even more expensive!:eek:

I think you have to check with the Concierge??

As long as you do not exceed the 6 (ish) limit, and leave the guests name with the conciernage (or attendants at gate) they will get in.

Later

Edited by Lionesss

Wow this OP has turned into a general conversation and nothing to do with new suite upgrades. It's raining in Chicago.

Many times people share a wealth of knowledge as they wander from the OP topic, and smaller discussions have occurred.

It usually gets back on track.

Beats watching the rain in Chicago:D

Many times people share a wealth of knowledge as they wander from the OP topic, and smaller discussions have occurred.

Good morning from sunny Chicago! :D

I agree that good information is shared, even if the thread has wandered off topic.

As far as the spring announcement not happening until fall, that's a bit of a disappointment for us, but unfortunately about what I expected. Also, the info trickled out by RC hasn't always been accurate, so I'm still hopeful for maybe some type of spring announcement, although we are almost into May. :rolleyes:

(Right now I'm anxious to see if the cushions make it back to the wicker loungers.)

Edited by jules815

Cloud cover in Cocoa Beach starting to burn off. Should be a scorcher

1430054516481.jpg.f4ca751af83a99acdd816208e7296bf9.jpg

Does anyone know how/when they are going to be changing the new aft grand suites on Oasis? They just created them 11330,730, 12330, 730 and 14330, 730 and they're changing them to Aqua suites, I'm wondering how they're going to make them 2 bedrooms/bathrooms without increasing sq footage?

Does anyone know how/when they are going to be changing the new aft grand suites on Oasis? They just created them 11330,730, 12330, 730 and 14330, 730 and they're changing them to Aqua suites, I'm wondering how they're going to make them 2 bedrooms/bathrooms without increasing sq footage?

They're not going to structurally change the rooms at all. They will just no longer be priced as GS, but be priced according to the size and what not. They'll most likely be less expensive than the oginal Aqua Suites.

I'm disappointed that Royal's suite upgrades will be postponed until the fall according to other posts. I will see how the my Liberty cruise goes and then start doing research. Anything else out there besides the Haven and Yacht Club? Other posters have suggested these two. HAL and Carnival are out.

-Holly

Holly, we just added the initial Rhapsody Bahamas cruise as well . Good price on a JS