NEW Suite Upgrades....

I'd forgotten about this! I can't believe they haven't replaced those cushions yet, and now quite possibly not at all? It's not even like they're a traditional lounger with a topper of additional padding like they have in the Solarium. Those wicker loungers in suites were designed to have padding. It would be like sitting on a sofa without cushions. We're on FOS in September in an OS. I know it seems like a bit of a first world problem, but we spend a lot of time out on the balcony, and that was definitely a consideration when we decided to splurge on a suite.

How can they think that not replacing them is acceptable?

You are paying for the balcony -- you should be able to use it comfortably. It's great to get the other perks but if a huge amount of your cruise "real Estate is unusable, it defeats the purpose of paying for a larger suite.

Maybe it would be seen as some as a first world problem but RCI charges a lot for suites and should provide decent accommodations even on the balcony.

Sailed in a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis last week (April 11-18) and I am an emerald member. I did not notice any additional suite perks compared to when I sailed last July on Oasis in a Crown Loft as well. Internet was much faster than last July but it was not free (it's $10 per day per device which is much cheaper than it used to be and you get a small discount depending on your C&A status). The standard perks were still all available, such as free pressing service for the first formal night, pillow menu, ability to order room service from the main dining room, etc.

New suite perks haven't been introduced yet.

As for worn out, incomplete or non-existent balcony, that's inexcusable and I hope each person mentioned it on his or her survey. We had GS 1550 on Serenade in February and only had one lounger because the wicker furniture is too large for two - I'd like to see something a little more compact so we don't have to take turns stretching out.

New suite perks haven't been introduced yet.

As for worn out, incomplete or non-existent balcony, that's inexcusable and I hope each person mentioned it on his or her survey. We had GS 1550 on Serenade in February and only had one lounger because the wicker furniture is too large for two - I'd like to see something a little more compact so we don't have to take turns stretching out.

I'm going to mention it on my comment card even though I am in a JS.

LOL! We were in 1554, and we also had just one wicker padded lounger. Fortunately we had friends next door in the RS, and the door between the balconies was open most of the cruise so we could use those loungers too.

The reason I laughed is because the furniture on the balcony of 1552 was totally different. They had two loungers -- completely different ones. They looked like they were mesh with rust colored cushions.

I would really like to know what I'm getting when I book a cabin. It seems like someone who is booking a suite should be able to expect certain furnishings in the cabin and on the balcony.

Edited by Cindy

I agree about the furniture. One of the reasons we book GS for the lounging and table on the balcony. We have Oasis 11330 in September and there is not a full size wicker dining table just a small side table. We have four guests. How are we going to eat on our balcony. I will be front and center with the Concierge and seek out the hotel director about the issue if it isnt resoolved before September.

Funny how they changed out the shower doors due to a complaint, but can't seem to get furniture.

I would really like to know what I'm getting when I book a cabin. It seems like someone who is booking a suite should be able to expect certain furnishings in the cabin and on the balcony.

You would think that!

I didn't know about the loungers on Navigator being removed. We were in a GS on Liberty last month and had two wicker loungers, with pads, and the wicker dining table with two padded chairs.

You are paying for the balcony -- you should be able to use it comfortably. It's great to get the other perks but if a huge amount of your cruise "real Estate is unusable, it defeats the purpose of paying for a larger suite.

Maybe it would be seen as some as a first world problem but RCI charges a lot for suites and should provide decent accommodations even on the balcony.

On Indy AFT-- we were in a JS and below us were two RFS and one had both wicker lounges Lt side looking down and one beside it had one wicker and one pool deck lounger. Just not acceptable I feel.

Either fix it so all Suites have the same upgraded nice furniture WITH cushions!!! or give them OBC.

Maybe they did get OBC but we were on for quite some time B2B and in and out of FLL and they never changed that furniture.:rolleyes:

Be nice if they replaced the foot stool for an actual table on the other and JS balconies too!!!

LOL! We were in 1554, and we also had just one wicker padded lounger. Fortunately we had friends next door in the RS, and the door between the balconies was open most of the cruise so we could use those loungers too.

The reason I laughed is because the furniture on the balcony of 1552 was totally different. They had two loungers -- completely different ones. They looked like they were mesh with rust colored cushions.

I noticed those loungers, too, and wondered where they were from, since there isn't another venue on the ship that has that kind.

It's really kind of sad. And then RCI tries to put themselves forth as a premium line when even the premium cabins are subject to balcony furniture that looks like it was cobbled together from garage sales.

I noticed those loungers, too, and wondered where they were from, since there isn't another venue on the ship that has that kind.

It's really kind of sad. And then RCI tries to put themselves forth as a premium line when even the premium cabins are subject to balcony furniture that looks like it was cobbled together from garage sales.

Totally agree Jean. Very sad to think people pay premium money and don't get what they should.

RCL has to start looking at the little things First..... and the work up to the big 'Suite Perk' picture. If you are not in awe with the Suite when you walk in, then RCL started off on the wrong foot.

Totally agree Jean. Very sad to think people pay premium money and don't get what they should.

RCL has to start looking at the little things First..... and the work up to the big 'Suite Perk' picture. If you are not in awe with the Suite when you walk in, then RCL started off on the wrong foot.

I wonder how many people who aren't bothered by the lack of loungers/decrepit furniture/mis-matched furniture/furniture without cushions have had a suite on another line?

I think the space and décor inside Royal Caribbean's suites is very nice, and I prefer it to many other lines. The balconies are a different matter. If RC doesn't think the GS balconies are big enough for two loungers, then they need to explore other options. I'd prefer chairs with reclining backs and ottomans to finding nothing and then getting "blessed" with a pool deck relic that should have been off-loaded with the previous week's trash.

Edited by Cindy

I agree about the furniture. One of the reasons we book GS for the lounging and table on the balcony. We have Oasis 11330 in September and there is not a full size wicker dining table just a small side table. We have four guests. How are we going to eat on our balcony. I will be front and center with the Concierge and seek out the hotel director about the issue if it isnt resoolved before September.

Funny how they changed out the shower doors due to a complaint, but can't seem to get furniture.

We have 11330 on Oasis in November. Below is a link to a review from kcb and within the post a link to a Flickr album showing pics of the GS and Balcony. A huge balcony and sad balcony furniture.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46269190&postcount=1

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Totally agree. The RFS's that we have had lack the Suite perk WOW.

Yes, there's plenty of room. But they lack the WOW of GS's, Owner's Suites. etc.

Please, all of you who have had issues with balcony furniture, or lack thereof, please contact Michael Bayley's office. Just mentioning on survey is probably not going to recieve any attention. I have done so and been contacted regarding no loungers on GS balconies on Navigator. If he gets enough complaints, maybe something will actually happen.

Please, all of you who have had issues with balcony furniture, or lack thereof, please contact Michael Bayley's office. Just mentioning on survey is probably not going to recieve any attention. I have done so and been contacted regarding no loungers on GS balconies on Navigator. If he gets enough complaints, maybe something will actually happen.

We'll be sending an email soon. I'm first going to look back through pictures to compile the details of our balcony furniture in the past. It will be a detailed fact-filled message about our expectations!

There was none last year and we just asked cabin steward if we could get some , she said she would ask supervisor and a few hours later we had our lounge chairs. I am sailing in GS in 3 days in GS will see if there are any changes on Navigator again. Hoping for a much quicker check-in than last year

I sent an email to Michael Bayley last night and got a response this a.m. from him saying "Please do not worry. Your Grand Suite will be pefect".

Michael

Not sure what that means but at least our comments are being seen.

George C. Yes, you can ask for a lounger. But the point is: you have paid for superior accomodations and you get inferior accomodations, balcony-wise. We spend a good amount of time on our balconies. A suite guest should not have to ask for furniture on his balcony! I hope you have a great cruise and a quick check-in. In Feb. we were on board 20 minutes after arrival at the terminal, about 11:25.

George C. Yes, you can ask for a lounger. But the point is: you have paid for superior accomodations and you get inferior accomodations, balcony-wise. We spend a good amount of time on our balconies. A suite guest should not have to ask for furniture on his balcony! I hope you have a great cruise and a quick check-in. In Feb. we were on board 20 minutes after arrival at the terminal, about 11:25.

I agree they should be there, friends were in a aft balcony and had 3 or 4 plus several chairs

I agree they should be there, friends were in a aft balcony and had 3 or 4 plus several chairs

Number of years ago on Liberty TA-- Aft D balcony........we had 2 chairs and the foot stool table and were not allowed a lounger! Period, no one-not even Officers- would allow it or had a good explanation why we couldn't have a lounger on a Huge balcony?:confused:

I think it was the HD on Liberty that had set the rule and it was not to be broken.

Maybe he/she is on Navigator now?:)

Good M. Bayley took time on Anthem to answer the email. Or, maybe he is back on land in Southampton or back to Miami now?

Edited by CVU

Interesting article with information, from Vicki Freed, about the "new" Suite program.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-spotlights-new-ads-new-initiatives-at-conference.html

Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales, said at a press conference at cruise3sixty, the conference sponsored by Cruise Lines International Association for travel agents.

Freed also said the line was working on a new inclusive amenity program for guests who book suites, expanding beyond the exclusive restaurant, Coastal Kitchen, offered on several ships.

"We really want to make it a wow," Freed said. "The announcement should come this fall to roll out in 2016."

"It will include private areas just for suite guests and a more inclusive vacation experience," she said, declining to reveal more at this time.

Interesting article with information, from Vicki Freed, about the "new" Suite program.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-spotlights-new-ads-new-initiatives-at-conference.html

Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales, said at a press conference at cruise3sixty, the conference sponsored by Cruise Lines International Association for travel agents.

Freed also said the line was working on a new inclusive amenity program for guests who book suites, expanding beyond the exclusive restaurant, Coastal Kitchen, offered on several ships.

"We really want to make it a wow," Freed said. "The announcement should come this fall to roll out in 2016."

"It will include private areas just for suite guests and a more inclusive vacation experience," she said, declining to reveal more at this time.

It will be incredibly disappointing if it does go from a 'late spring' announcement to a 'fall' announcement. Lets just hope if that is the case, it because they want to get it right first time and consistent across all ships.

So The CEO, writes that the new program will be announced in the spring,

And Vicki Freed, writes that the announcement will be in the fall! Do these

Two talk??

So The CEO, writes that the new program will be announced in the spring,

And Vicki Freed, writes that the announcement will be in the fall! Do these

Two talk??

The old bait and switch... The announcement came in Late Spring which was we are changing the suite program, but not going to tell you until fall......