NEW Suite Upgrades....

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on - they have been dangling this for months and now they are pushing to fall with 2016 rollout.........Sigh. Shouldn't be surprised - they have a charming history of dangling carrots for us. I've been pricing GS for 2016 and the prices are insane. Looks like we will be paying for these "enhancements" one way or the other. I'll hope Freed mispoke and Bayley will really make a spring announcement!

to be implemented in 2016! :confused:

That part doesn't entirely surprise me based on the new suite enhancements on Celebrity - announced last year, implented from this year. I'd hoped it would be in place at some point this year, of course.

It's interesting as during a recent Q & A on her Facebook, Vicki was asked about this and said the announcement was coming really soon... I guess it's like as said above... An announcement has been made that the announcement will be later in the year!

Once again Royal manages to shoot themselves in the foot, first they announce they are going to enhance the suite benefits this spring, then they announce that the announcement won't be until the fall, but wait the actual program won't begin until sometime in 2016.

i wonder how many people went and reserved a suite, because of the initial announcements ?? Thankfully we didn't .

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on - they have been dangling this for months and now they are pushing to fall with 2016 rollout.........Sigh. Shouldn't be surprised - they have a charming history of dangling carrots for us. I've been pricing GS for 2016 and the prices are insane. Looks like we will be paying for these "enhancements" one way or the other. I'll hope Freed mispoke and Bayley will really make a spring announcement!

I have a GS booked on Liberty for 11/27/16, and I thought the price was awesome! Our fare is about $300/person less than I paid for the Navigator in 2014, and about $150/person less than the Mariner in 2013!:eek: I just looked, and the great prices are still there!:D

Interesting article with information, from Vicki Freed, about the "new" Suite program.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-spotlights-new-ads-new-initiatives-at-conference.html

Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales, said at a press conference at cruise3sixty, the conference sponsored by Cruise Lines International Association for travel agents.

Freed also said the line was working on a new inclusive amenity program for guests who book suites, expanding beyond the exclusive restaurant, Coastal Kitchen, offered on several ships.

"We really want to make it a wow," Freed said. "The announcement should come this fall to roll out in 2016."

"It will include private areas just for suite guests and a more inclusive vacation experience," she said, declining to reveal more at this time.

This is a very interesting read that points up some of the challenges for RCCL. Vicki Freed says the Oasis and Allure have 260 suites in 6 different categories [emoji79] Contrast that with Legend where I count (from the deck plans) 19 suites (not including the JS).

We are in a GS in August of 2015. Didnt book based on the future suite amenities! What they have now is still much better than we ever experienced on our 10 cruises with Carnival

Well, that is not setting the bar very high.

I have a GS booked on Liberty for 11/27/16, and I thought the price was awesome! Our fare is about $300/person less than I paid for the Navigator in 2014, and about $150/person less than the Mariner in 2013!:eek: I just looked, and the great prices are still there!:D

Were those 2014 & 2013 cruises the week after thanksgiving as well

It will be incredibly disappointing if it does go from a 'late spring' announcement to a 'fall' announcement. Lets just hope if that is the case, it because they want to get it right first time and consistent across all ships.

As long as only Quantum and Oasis have CK, it may never be consistent

BTW, CK has totally spoiled us

Were those 2014 & 2013 cruises the week after thanksgiving as well

No, those were in April (non-holiday/Spring Break weeks). I was booked on the Liberty for the first week of December this year, until I decided I needed a change and wanted to wait until after drydock. The price I booked in 2016 is less than what I would have paid this year. I remember being shocked when I found out the price, because I expected it to be higher.

FWIW, I loved CK for breakfast, but found that dinner got a little tired. Was happy to be able to mix it up a little there. I totally agree though it is a great perk.

Not consistent but I think there is a solution for those older ships that do not have a CK.

No, those were in April (non-holiday/Spring Break weeks). I was booked on the Liberty for the first week of December this year, until I decided I needed a change and wanted to wait until after drydock. The price I booked in 2016 is less than what I would have paid this year. I remember being shocked when I found out the price, because I expected it to be higher.

Really not sure you can compare those two time frames. It's all about the date. Late November is always less than April. Enjoy your cruises

FWIW, I loved CK for breakfast, but found that dinner got a little tired. Was happy to be able to mix it up a little there. I totally agree though it is a great perk.

I guess I'm one who can order same item if it's tasty. Did not get to visit for breakfast or lunch, JS not allowed. Whatever, dinner was appreciated.

Really not sure you can compare those two time frames. It's all about the date. Late November is always less than April. Enjoy your cruises

You're right...it's not apples to apples. The point I was trying to make is there are good prices out there if someone can be flexible and plan way ahead. This November is VERY expensive for the same date, so at least in part booking early paid off.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was dinner in CK a JS perk?

I think they did a B2B with a GS? for one?? Could be mistaken but I think that was what they were planning on here with asking for advice about cabins.

What do you think that would be?

All it takes is one area or one restaurant where suite guests can go for all 3 meals of the day. There are plenty of spaces on each class ship that with tweaking can be turned into a suite dining area.

Hang me but all ships should make the CL a suite only lounge and bump up the offerings in that lounge throughout the day.

Granted, it will take some renovation thought but it can be done.

....said from a person who is running a cruise line from behind a keyboard!! :p;)

Seriously-it can be done on all class ships. Look outside the box. :)

I would agree with you here.

Certainly not exhaustive, but my cruising research shows that the cheapest cruises are the first two weeks in December, and the second cheapest cruises are the end of April/early May.