Best way to "snag" a particular cabin

karen_g

Hi. I am planning waaay ahead for an Alaska cruise in 2016. The 2016 Alaska itineraries have not even been published yet. Still, I have read that the Golden Princess will be doing 10-day round trips from San Francisco, and that is what I would like to do. With that in mind, I have studied the deck plans for the Golden and I have my ideal mini-suite "preselected" in my own mind! LOL. Now, how do I make the Cabin of My Dreams mine? Do I wait for the bookings to open up online and try to snag it myself? If I call Princess in advance of the bookings officially opening up, can they "pre-reserve" it for me (if I give them an acceptable date range)? Am I better off getting a Travel Agent involved? If so, how do I go about finding a good travel agent? I have never used one before... I usually just book online.

Ok, I know that this is all a little (lot) OCD, but I figure that since I have the luxury of time on my side, why not use it to my advantage and get exactly what I want (if I can).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.

Either way should work well. Provided you are talking to someone who can specifically book the precise cabin you want. Tick NO UPGRADES The only problem I can foresee is that Princess usually prints out or distributes electronically pre-release abridged "brochures" and some lines permit the higher tiers in their loyalty club to book ahead of the general release. There is a date coming up for bookings with Princess 19 March; but I am not sure which regions this will be. It is generally cheaper to wait a bit but how unique is your intended cabin?

Regards John

No sense asking Princess before the bookings open.

Either call Princess first thing when bookings open or work with a travel agent.

With the TA you can request them in advance to snag that cabin for you but you will need to make sure they will do it as soon as possible when bookings open and not later in the day when they can get around to it.

I am trying to get E729, the very end mini-suite on Emerald deck. So, pretty unique. If bookings open on March 19th (which is what I have heard also), does that mean that I can get online at 12:01 am that day (before travel agents are at work), and it should (in theory) be there?

Edited by karen_g

I think that you have just guaranteed that there will be a HUGE line up of folks also trying to "snag" E729 at 12:01 on March 12 !!!! :) :) ;) :p

...VTX-AL

Well, I didn't say which sailing... But: que sera, sera!

We have had this cabin before and have E728 on our upcoming April cruise.

They are very nice having that little extra space at the end of the balcony looking aft.

Just be sure to call as soon as the booking opens and you should have no problem "snagging" it. :) Good Luck! You will enjoy it.

What I did to snag my desired cabin on the Pacific's 50th anniversary cruise was be online AND calling Princess when bookings opened. As it happened, the phone worked better as the online opened several minutes late.

I am trying to get E729, the very end mini-suite on Emerald deck. So, pretty unique. If bookings open on March 19th (which is what I have heard also), does that mean that I can get online at 12:01 am that day (before travel agents are at work), and it should (in theory) be there?

Sales online do not start at 12:01 AM PDT. More likely the same time agents start working. Possibly 6 AM PDT?

good luck - hope you get the cabin.

Many people here know that cabin but I am sure there were many who don't who pulled up the deck plans after you posted it and now it is one they will try to get.

There are some secrets that should be kept secret.

Agreed. Although possibly she actually intends another cabin.

I would also say, don't rely on your TA. She's got other clients. You have only you.

I've managed to get some great cabins by booking the first day but I never set the alarm or make it a point to call as soon as I wake up. There have been a number of people who have said they tell their TA weeks ahead and they are able to reserve it early - not sure if I believe that or not. And I also prefer to do it myself - how many bookings can a TA do at the same time? What if they get delayed? What if the cabin is already gone - I know which other ones I would be happy with. I transfer it to my TA the next day or so but I want control

Karen

If you call Princess at 12:01 AM you will find Princess Hq in California closed.

Your call will then be routed to the Princess Call Center in India. :eek:

Dealing with the Call Center can be an adventure in its self.

Princess Hq operates from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Bob