Help upgrade for less or keep what i have

i am currently booked in an inside cabin on the liberty its deck 9 midship great location. now i just saw i can upgrade to an oceanview guarantee for a little less mone:confused::confused::confused::confused:y plus a 50 dollar onboard credit. what would you do ..

I prefer a great location. If you do a mock booking for just an ocean view you can see available locations. If the window isn't a big deal to you it doesn't sound like you are saving a lot of money. If you are a promenade room those windows can be bigger than ocean view. It will come down to personal choice.

Edited by Badgertr

Depends. Some of the oceanview cabins are not such great locations and don't have that much of a view. Others are really good, compared to an inside. If it were upgrading to a balcony, I'd so no-brainer. For an oceanview, it's a close call, if you really like the location of your current cabin.

For me it would depend on the location of the ocean view. I wouldn't want anything on decks 2/3.

I agree. On Liberty, most of the ocean view cabins are on the low decks (2-3) or very forward. I don't like those locations. And, I actually prefer the darkness of an inside cabin (great sleep). We found with an OV, we only looked out the window to see if it was raining (or to check if it was morning yet when waking up). For the most part, I found it annoying because of the light coming in when I was sleeping. My overall preference are balconies, which are much different than an oceanview. While the light comes in, the balcony with fresh air makes up for it. So for us, it is either a balcony or an inside. It is all personal preference though.

Same here. I would prefer the inside on deck 9 midship.

I would not give up a mid-ship 9 for something on decks 2 or 3. You will constantly be waiting for the elevator to come down to your level. Unless you like to walk the stairs, I would stay with the interior Deck 9. Perfect location from most of the action. Up two or three decks for pool and down 2, 3, or 4 for the dinning room and theater. Not up 7-9 decks for anything.

To me, location is very important. I, personally, prefer a Midship location on Deck 8. I have received automatic upgrades in the past the have moved me far Forward or Aft and/or on a higher or lower deck, which I would not have chosen. The last time I was "offered" an upgrade, I actually declined. I usually book a year or more in advance, just so that I can pick the type and location of the room that I want.

If they give you the option of an upgrade, and they tell you what room it will be, then you can check it out and decide if it is something that works for you or not. (Unfortunately, that is not the case with a Guarantee Oceanview.) You have to decide which is more important to you, location or room type; and in this case, whether the additional onboard credit would be worth swaying you either way. Good luck! I'm sure that you'll have a great cruise no matter what you decide. :)

ugg about to do a coin toss lol :confused::confused::confused:

It's really personal preference. Some people love aft cabins. I have had some booked, and always changed them back to midship.

I just like to be midship on a higher deck. I never want to be on deck 2 or 3. My first cruise ever was in an OV on a very low deck so maybe that's why.

If you believe a bad cabin on a cruise is better than a good day at work, go for the upgrade:D

We like mid ship but dont mind which deck. We actually use the stairs and have found we gain less weight when on lower decks versus upper decks. Guess because it takes longer to to get to the buffet so we eat less:)

Seriously,

Hope you have a great cruise, whichever decision you make.

Edited by Offroad