Can't do a name change on Code Red Cruise?

I am sailing on Jewel of the Seas Alaska Cruise in 49 days. My daughter is taking an extra class this summer to graduate early from high school and the schedule interferes with the cruise.

The cruise had about 50 rooms available and then was sold out/ not sold out over the past month. I just tried to change her out with my other daughter who can now go and the TA said that Royal will not change any information because it is Code Red and to call back on Monday when Revenue was open.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I have been watching airfare and see a good rate today and want to book but am afraid they won't let me make the change and then be out the airfare.

Thanks, I saw that and Royal would not change it the 2 times they tried to call today. Going on the adage, "If you call RCCL once and they don't know the right answer call again".

The other thing I was thinking was they were cancelling the cruise...

Based on what the TA told me who called Royal, they said, it was a sold out cruise, re-routed cruise, chartered cruise, or cancelled cruise. Basically when Revenue blocks any further activity on the particular sailing.

Many times this can be temporary, a couple of days. They are typically done after they have sold a number of guarantee cabins and are in the process of assigning and or upgrading people.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Many times this can be temporary, a couple of days. They are typically done after they have sold a number of guarantee cabins and are in the process of assigning and or upgrading people.

They did have some gty z a while back at a good price. I am going to take the chance and get the airfare. I have to call back on Monday and they will call Revenue, maybe convince them to give up my GS and Inside K to move to a 2- bedroom suite. Wishful thinking.:D

Code Red is a bad thing for cruisers. From our previous experience with it, it has meant chartered, cancelled or re-deployed.

At this point, I wouldn't worry about the name change or booking air.

Don't cancel, wait until Royal Caribbean or your TA lets you know what is going on. There may be a bit of compensation if you have to reschedule your sailing. :)

Code Red is a bad thing for cruisers. From our previous experience with it, it has meant chartered, cancelled or re-deployed.

At this point, I wouldn't worry about the name change or booking air.

Don't cancel, wait until Royal Caribbean or your TA lets you know what is going on. There may be a bit of compensation if you have to reschedule your sailing. :)

With only 49 days to go until the cruise I would bet some Money that the ship is not going to be chartered or re-deployed.

While things like this happen I doubt they will charter or re-deploy a ship 49 days out.

Of course a cancellation could happen for something like repairs and in case of unforeseen breakdowns These can happen on short notice. However still very rare occurance and we probably would have heard on here about Problems already.

Regardless of the reason, when revenue management puts a booking into code red agents are not allowed to modify any existing bookings. Sometimes they are simply dealing with inventory/revenue issues and sometimes it's something bigger. There is no way to tell for certain until the sailing is opened back up, or clients are contacted. if you can hold off on booking air it would be adviseable.

With only 49 days to go until the cruise I would bet some Money that the ship is not going to be chartered or re-deployed.

While things like this happen I doubt they will charter or re-deploy a ship 49 days out.

Of course a cancellation could happen for something like repairs and in case of unforeseen breakdowns These can happen on short notice. However still very rare occurance and we probably would have heard on here about Problems already.

The cruise could also be oversold and they may be contacting selected guests to offer "move over" offers to switch to another cruise.

I am sailing on Jewel of the Seas Alaska Cruise in 49 days. My daughter is taking an extra class this summer to graduate early from high school and the schedule interferes with the cruise.

The cruise had about 50 rooms available and then was sold out/ not sold out over the past month. I just tried to change her out with my other daughter who can now go and the TA said that Royal will not change any information because it is Code Red and to call back on Monday when Revenue was open.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I have been watching airfare and see a good rate today and want to book but am afraid they won't let me make the change and then be out the airfare.

What number are you calling? Try 800-526-9723

fyi on airfare.

Most airlines offer a free cancel in the first 24 hours. Check you airline for EXACT rules.

Just checked and Delta allows it. I am using Chase Freedom points, so I have to check with them if they allow it. Airfare is still the same this morning.

The cruise could also be oversold and they may be contacting selected guests to offer "move over" offers to switch to another cruise.

Could be the case. I would gladly move over to another date for my airline change fees.

Just checked and Delta allows it. I am using Chase Freedom points, so I have to check with them if they allow it. Airfare is still the same this morning.

Be careful when using any sort of points... sometimes they take time to come back if you cancel, and sometimes you do not get them back. Cash/credit is easy. Other things...not so much.

Another interesting tidbit, at 48 days out, I have received no documents and order for the luggage tags, although others on the roll call received theirs.

Sometimes it's normal for the docs to be delayed, such as if you have Choice Air.

Sometimes it's normal for the docs to be delayed, such as if you have Choice Air.

Thanks. No choice air booked.

The airfare just went up a few minutes ago, so I am back in the waiting mode. It has been flip flopping between $525 and $687 over the last week while I was waiting on confirmation that Daughter 2 could go.

I was ready to purchase the ticket on Friday and thought, "Let me make sure I can change it", although I knew from these boards and RCCL site I could. I called the TA and she said no problem, took the information and we finished. She called me back 5 minutes later just as I was purchasing the ticket.

My apologies, I failed to notice that the cruise was coming up that soon. :o

My TA talked with Revenue today and was able to make the change. They said that they are completely full. She thinks they may be a few cabins oversold because Revenue was very interested in the fact I had a GS and I

inside room for a total of 4 people. They also apologized for not being able to make the change on Friday when I told them that the airfare went up 75.00 because I had to wait.

I also asked why the documents were not ready and they said they should be for this cruise and will look into why they are not there.