cafe al bacio free for pastries

earl06

Once again, I'm about 98% sure there are some drinks that are not included in the Classic package in Al Bacio.

Al Bacio has a full bar. It might not be on display, but you can get just about anything, including drinks that are not included in the Classic Package -- for instance, Grand Marnier and some single malted scotch.

All food there is free, all day long, every day, no other purchase required. I may or may not have taken some half and half chocolate/vanilla dipped cookies "to go" to my cabin. Which for some reason never made it to my cabin. That may or may not have happened.

More than once.

With the classic pkg all your drinks should be covered. Can't say for sure, but I think they are. I'm not a coffee drinker and I've never had a package, but next cruise I will have one and I know I'll enjoy those wonderful teas.

And the cookies.

And the carrot cake.

:eek: Are we related?! :p

Al Bacio has a full bar. It might not be on display, but you can get just about anything, including drinks that are not included in the Classic Package -- for instance, Grand Marnier and some single malted scotch.

Yes I know, I get drinks there regularly, but I'm talking specifically about the non alcoholic drinks that are listed on their menu, where the price is under $8, yet they're still not covered on the Classic package.

There's tons of stuff you can order there that's not covered if you get into the Call drinks.

Yes I know, I get drinks there regularly, but I'm talking specifically about the non alcoholic drinks that are listed on their menu, where the price is under $8, yet they're still not covered on the Classic package.

There's tons of stuff you can order there that's not covered if you get into the Call drinks.

For example?

Edited by Beanb41

All food there is free, all day long, every day, no other purchase required. I may or may not have taken some half and half chocolate/vanilla dipped cookies "to go" to my cabin. Which for some reason never made it to my cabin. That may or may not have happened.

More than once.

With the classic pkg all your drinks should be covered. Can't say for sure, but I think they are. I'm not a coffee drinker and I've never had a package, but next cruise I will have one and I know I'll enjoy those wonderful teas.

And the cookies.

And the carrot cake.

You crack me up! When I'm on the Millennium next month I may or may not have a few half and half cookies, which may or may not be every day along with some carrot cake. But I'll think of your post and toast you with my cappuccino....

What I want to know is do they have real pastries. Light, flaky, chocolatey croissants, the perfect blend of flaky yet doughy danish pastries with lovely fruit on top? Please say they do?

What is a "real pastry" to you may not be to someone else...or vice versa.

Yes, they serve crossiants....I have always enjoyed the almond and

chocolate ones.....and yes, I have seen danish but you will have to

check on what kind are available.

True, and often it depends on how good the pastry chef is. I shall just have to wait and hope. ;)

For example?

Ceylon Organic Iced tea for one. If I had the menu I could show you, but generally the $4 teas are covered on the Classic, the $5 ones are not. There are also certain coffees that are not covered on the Classic, but since I'm not a coffee drinker I can't say exactly which ones. This has been discussed on many drink threads in the past.

It's kind of like the Evian water is Premium, while Geyser is on Classic, it's all bottled water, and all under $8.

Ceylon Organic Iced tea for one. If I had the menu I could show you, but generally the $4 teas are covered on the Classic, the $5 ones are not. There are also certain coffees that are not covered on the Classic, but since I'm not a coffee drinker I can't say exactly which ones. This has been discussed on many drink threads in the past.

It's kind of like the Evian water is Premium, while Geyser is on Classic, it's all bottled water, and all under $8.

Here is a thread you can check out with a good discussion on the subject. Bottom line is it varies by ship and server, as there is some confusion on it once on board. Best to ask or just get the Premium and not worry.

Pay especially good attention to post #36 with the best explanation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2153318&highlight=al+bacio+package

You crack me up! When I'm on the Millennium next month I may or may not have a few half and half cookies, which may or may not be every day along with some carrot cake. But I'll think of your post and toast you with my cappuccino....

Please do!! And in November when I'm on Eclipse I'll be sure and think of you as well. I do miss the little sandwiches as they subbed for lunch on more than one day. We tend to eat very little in the middle of the day. One has to save room for cookies. And such.

I might add to this post that I love the oatmeal raisin cookies as well. I don't know if those ever made it back to the cabin or not.

Probably not.

My favorite place on the ship! I cannot drink the coffees (which I love but they don't love me) so I drank tea. Their tea brand is tea forte which is delicious. I especially loved the tea over ice, which they ran out of on about the 7th day on a 10 day cruise! They also have the BEST Gluten Free cookies! They are a coconut macaroon with craisins! I had lots of those which I am sure contributed to my 4 pound weight gain on the cruise. My husband had the other goodies. I had the Premium package so all was included.

My husband would walk down from our cabin on Deck 6 every morning and get an Americano and a Cappachino to go for us to drink on our balcony. Heaven!!! Yep, all included with a package! And, in the style of ClaudiaB, he might also have brought back a nutella croissant for me, or it might have been two...:p

Oh, Nutella croissants, now that sound like a great idea!

Hi Lois:

I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE the almond croissants. On the Silhouette in October, there was so little almond paste that I could barely taste it, so I "autopsied" three croissants on three different days. Each time there were two TINY pieces of almond paste, the size of my baby finger nail (1/4" by 3/8" by less than 1/8th" thick. It was a joke, really, to call them almond anything, and there were no almonds sprinkled on top, so twice I was given chocolate croissants by mistake. This was a cut-back that cut me to the quick!

I will be seriously appalled if they have cut out the B&W cookies, which I love. IME, they have always been great, with a tender, tasty cookie, and decent quality dark and white chocolate. Tastes fabulous if you are a black coffee drinker.

You are so right about "what delights one person may disappoint another". I was on the Golden Princess in August, and one thing I was looking forward to was the much-vaunted International Café that everyone talks about on the Princess boards. I was totally disappointed in everything about the International Café, from the quality of the food, to the narrow range of options to the biggest problem...the barista didn't know the difference between a café latte and a cappuccino. For me, it was a far cry from Café al Bacio.

• 2 months later...

Do they offer breakfast sandwiches? Or deserts other than pastries.

i.e. on the Star we could get chocolate mouse, salads, or even an egg mc muffin type sandwich for a quick getaway.

Will be sailing on the Millennium

Edited by Airportlimbo

i.e. on the Star we could get chocolate mouse, salads, or even an egg mc muffin type sandwich for a quick getaway.

No breakfast sandwiches. Muffins and pastries before noon, desserts later.

Nope, no breakfast sandwiches in Al Bacio......they don't serve anything

savory.....it is all sweets, all the time.

Does the buffet have quick breakfast options or is there another suggestion on where to get something like that. Or is this simply not a thing on Celebrity. I'm thinking on excursion days, when I don't want to get up extra early just to have a sit down breakfast.

Good to hear I can get my afternoon/evening mouse hits... I may have made quite a few of those disappear on the Star.