Taxi or Princess transfer

lindasuej

we will be disembarking in Fort Lauderdale. Our flight is at 11:00. We are platinum so we can get off early. I have never used the Princess transfers. Do you think it would be less stressful to just grab our luggage, go through customs and grab a cab or do you think we should go with Princess transfer?. I am really not concerned about the cost as much as I am the stress. Thanks Linda.

Since you can walk off early, I would suggest a taxi. With Princess you have to

wait until the bus fills up. Fort Lauderdale port can be a mess with customs

so the earlier you walk off the better. Taxis are right outside cost will be under 20usd.

We had 4 in our group. To take the transferr would have been 4 X $19. The taxi costs us less than $20 including the tip. Like has been said it is only 10 minutes or so to the airport.

Edited by Potstech

we will be disembarking in Fort Lauderdale. Our flight is at 11:00. We are platinum so we can get off early. I have never used the Princess transfers. Do you think it would be less stressful to just grab our luggage, go through customs and grab a cab or do you think we should go with Princess transfer?. I am really not concerned about the cost as much as I am the stress. Thanks Linda.

My 2 experiences with Princess Transfers was terrible. I will never ever do another Princess transfer. You will be herded like a bunch of sheep. You will be herded into a lounge to wait until your number is called, then you proceed to a bus. When you get to the airport same thing happens only you sit there waiting until more people show up to get on the bus. Unless you like waiting around for other people, I advise strongly against it. In December, we'll fly to FLL and use a taxi or Super Shuttle if they have it there.

Our usual flight out is 11:00. Leave the ship at 8 and you'll have no problems with a cab. We are at the airport by 8:30-8:40. No way do you need Princess pre or post cruise for transfers or hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

Please keep in mind .... While you can go to the Platinum/Elite/Suite Lounge when disembarking, the PRIOITY Disembarkation is not until you are Elite so you may not be able to get off the ship as early as you wish.

LuLu

If you have to be there by 11am I would use a taxi. The bus will wait for everyone to arrive.

Please keep in mind .... While you can go to the Platinum/Elite/Suite Lounge when disembarking, the PRIOITY Disembarkation is not until you are Elite so you may not be able to get off the ship as early as you wish.

The Elite disembarkation time request is an illusion.

Anybody can request any disembarkation time. If you want an early time, get your request in as soon as the form is sent to your cabin.

If you do not get the time you want, check with the purser's desk to switch to the time you want. Unless the time you want is at capacity, you can get it.

If your ship is at berth 21, and there are a lot of ships in port,

there can be an hour-long line to get a cab.

If you are at berth 2, it is usually very quick and easy to get a cab.

Like most things that are always true on cruise critic -- taking a cab

is the best. Except when it isn't.

If your ship is at berth 21, and there are a lot of ships in port,

there can be an hour-long line to get a cab.

If you are at berth 2, it is usually very quick and easy to get a cab.

Like most things that are always true on cruise critic -- taking a cab

is the best. Except when it isn't.

Our experience on 4/25 at berth 21 was that there were few cabs. There were however shuttle vans where you paid by the person. The price ended up being about the same as a taxi. However we had to wait until the shuttle filled up (it held 9), I would say we waited about 15 minutes since we were the first ones to get in. It wasn't a big deal for us since we had time to kill. However, if time is not your friend you might want to keep it in mind.

LuLu

This is not really correct. Anyone can request a early walk off or a time that is suitable to meet their flight, and that color or one close to it is given. If you don't get what you need at first, just visit the Passenger Service desk and they will provide the color you need. Captain's Circle status makes no difference. Also, we are elite status, but when we request early walk off we do not go to the elite waiting area. We go directly to the general waiting area. After all the wait is only a very short time.

Our experience on 4/25 at berth 21 was that there were few cabs. There were however shuttle vans where you paid by the person. The price ended up being about the same as a taxi. However we had to wait until the shuttle filled up (it held 9), I would say we waited about 15 minutes since we were the first ones to get in. It wasn't a big deal for us since we had time to kill. However, if time is not your friend you might want to keep it in mind.

This is why shuttles can be a mistake. Cab is cheaper for two or more and generally faster, as you won't be waiting for a van to fill and you won't be waiting for loading and unloading.

If there is a fewer number of cabs, I'd still wait in line for the cab and kind of watch the timing. Too, its easy to share cabs to move the line along.

Lots of people get lured over to the shuttles when they hear the driver saying it is only 8 $ . They fail to mention it is per person until you have left the cab line and followed them. Then have to sit and wait for enough others to join the "pied piper". ;)

This is why shuttles can be a mistake. Cab is cheaper for two or more and generally faster, as you won't be waiting for a van to fill and you won't be waiting for loading and unloading.

If there is a fewer number of cabs, I'd still wait in line for the cab and kind of watch the timing. Too, its easy to share cabs to move the line along.

Lots of people get lured over to the shuttles when they hear the driver saying it is only 8 $ . They fail to mention it is per person until you have left the cab line and followed them. Then have to sit and wait for enough others to join the "pied piper". ;)

The price was the same as a cab. With a cab we would have tipped. With the shuttle we did not and it didn't appear to be expected.

BTW, had we taken the shuttle immediately before ours (we could have but didn't want to sit in the back and were in no rush) we would have had no wait. It's all about timing. ;)

The price was the same as a cab. With a cab we would have tipped. With the shuttle we did not and it didn't appear to be expected.

BTW, had we taken the shuttle immediately before ours (we could have but didn't want to sit in the back and were in no rush) we would have had no wait. It's all about timing. ;)

Yep. That's why I said watch what's happening in the cab line and don't get caught just sitting in an empty shuttle waiting. You are lucky you only had 15 min. to sit.