What is your favorite Carnival Cruise Food?

CruzinTamela

Ok...I must admit, our first cruise was w/Disney(highly reccommended), and our first Carnival cruise is in 28days!!!woo hoo-Fascination 10/10/05-Key West & Cozumel!

But I want to throw my 2cents in anyway: Baked alaska seems like a waste to me...neapolitan ice cream inside cake with merringue on top...yeah...

whatever...I ordered this on Disney & was not even impressed with the show part...

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Thats what thrills me! Also, does anyone know if Carnival Fascination does Creme brulee? One of my cruise faves!:D

:D frozen yogurt:D

breakfast- hash browns, the little boxes of cereal

appetizers- tomato and buffalo mozzarella, chicken quesadillas

dinner- ancho-honey salmon

dessert- key lime pie, chocolate sushi, crepes at the crepes midnight buffet

To those of you who say the lobster is your favorite.........

get it right........... it's LOBSTA! ! ! ! ! ! !

That was one of our favs in the dining room along with escargot, baked alaska, vanilla soufle, PRIME rib, they had a fried shrimp appetizer that we thought was yummy. And also the vegitarian dish with the puff pastry and veggies in a white sauce. That was really yummy.

My favorite at the Wheelhouse lunch buffet was a tie between the tempura grouper nuggets and the chicken parmesean. I've never had chicken so tender !

My favorite pizza was the sausage and goat cheese

Our fav late afternoon hold-over-till-dinner was the burgers and fries. Great freshly grilled burgers.

My favorite breakfast item was those little round tater tots........YUMMO ! ! ! !

Our favorite room service items were a hot pot of tea and the cookies and brownies. They send you 2 cookies and 2 brownies per person so we always ordered for 8.

Can't wait to go again..................Spring of 2007 / Boston to Bermuda

dondonma

That just sounds so ICKY to me. :p But from what I just read many of you love it. Me thinks I'll have to try it heh?

Laura

The pumpkin soup is GREAT! I personally don't think it would be good cold... part of the appeal to me is the warmth mixed with the flavor... you have to try it, believe me, I didn't want to at first and now I can't go without it!!!

The pumpkin soup is GREAT! I personally don't think it would be good cold... part of the appeal to me is the warmth mixed with the flavor... you have to try it, believe me, I didn't want to at first and now I can't go without it!!!

I thought it was the high alcohol content foo-foo beverages that you couldn't go without! Get your story straight, darn it!

I try new things on the cruise because I won't pay (usually) for it on land so I dont want to order something if I think I wont like it... anyway, I tried the pumpkin soup on our first cruise and I cannot go without it now:D Also, on our last cruise I tried the fries on the Lido deck at the pool grill and absolutely loved them and still think about them today:rolleyes: How sad is that?

I thought it was the high alcohol content foo-foo beverages that you couldn't go without! Get your story straight, darn it!

Well Maxie... you know I can't go without those :D The alcohol is definitely my favorite food group :D :p

I found Sample Menus for 7 day cruises (B'fast, Lunch, & Dinner) which is under "Frequently Asked Questions" in Carnival's Web Site.

Just went through the menus & put a * by ones you guys have recommended. We're going on the Triumph in January.

When we were on the Victory 12/2003 they had the Baked Alaska but didn't light it because it's a fire hazard. Our waiter said they'd discontinued it because there was a problem on a previous cruise. Don't know if this still applies.

Does any one know if they light it now?

I found Sample Menus for 7 day cruises (B'fast, Lunch, & Dinner) which is under "Frequently Asked Questions" in Carnival's Web Site.

Just went through the menus & put a * by ones you guys have recommended. We're going on the Triumph in January.

When we were on the Victory 12/2003 they had the Baked Alaska but didn't light it because it's a fire hazard. Our waiter said they'd discontinued it because there was a problem on a previous cruise. Don't know if this still applies.

There is no baked alaska anymore... the menu changed in february... I'm not sure they have updated their website... there were a few favorites that were taken off in February :( The creme brulee is now lemon verbena, it's just not the same :(

Ok, so what exactly is Coquilles St. Jacques?

BJBoothman - I totally agree on the Baked Alaska. YUCKY!

COQUILLES ST. JACQUES 1 1/2 lbs. scallops

1 tbsp. shallots, finely chopped

1/4 tsp. salt

Dash of white pepper

1/2 c. dry Vermouth

Wash and cut scallops into bite-size pieces and place in a saucepan with the shallots, salt, pepper, and Vermouth. Bring to a boil, cover saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove scallops with slotted spoon, and divide into individual serving dishes, if you wish. 1 tbsp. flour 4 tbsp. soft butterCook remaining liquid over high heat until reduced by half; add the cream; boil rapidly until sauce is the consistency of syrup. Combine the flour and softened butter. Reduce heat under sauce and gradually stir in butter mixture in small amounts. Blend until smooth.

Pour sauce over scallops, sprinkle with parsley and heat under broiler for 5 minutes.

and they thought I was only good for drink recepies. :D

.........When we were on the Victory 12/2003 they had the Baked Alaska but didn't light it because it's a fire hazard. Our waiter said they'd discontinued it because there was a problem on a previous cruise. Don't know if this still applies.

We just got off the Victory this past June/July and while they had the Baked Alaska one night they didn't light it.

It seemed like that was the desert they brought out to everyone that night, but I suppose you could have requested something else.

Looks like with the addition of the Pumpkin and Strawberry soups added to my "try" list, we'll have to order 4 starters on day two!

John

I'd have to say the thing I remember most fondly is the trio of Creme Brulee from Nick and Noras.

Oddly, I'm a soup lover but the pumpkin soup didn't really do anything for me. I didn't dislike it by any means, but it wasn't anything I would rave about either. I guess I just have funny tastes.

For me as well, I was not impressed by the pumpkin soup ... I am not saying it was not good ... just not something I am likely to have again ... now the strawberry bisque ... that is a different story ... I thought it was awesome ... I also really enjoyed the escargot ... I cruised with my folks last year and they thought it was nasty ... looking ... they did not try it ... this year, I am ordering 2 ... yummm yummmm ...

Breakfast(just had the buffet) ... the fresh fruit and the crossiants

Lunch ... Really nothing stands out for me, this year I want to try the Rueben sandwiches

Dinner ... There are just to many things ... lol

Candy

I went on my first cruise last year on the Miricale and it was great. I was told by other seasoned cruisers that I would be disappointed when I went on other cruises because the Miricale is the best. The wait staff in the dining room are GREAT. My next cruise is the end of November on the Destiny. I hope you have a great time. :)

I love the fresh rolls with dinner. For breakfast my favorite is the bacon simply because I can have a ton of it and I don't have to cook it! Also the danish that is fruit in the center and they toast it a bit if you get if from room service is great. Also love the fries at the burger joint, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside....but then again I love it all, so many choices and no cooking for days and days!!

Breakfast: smoked salmon on a warm bagel with cream cheese delivered to my cabin (who says Folgers is the best part of waking up?). Lunch in the Lido is a double steak sandwich from the grill (love the baguettes they serve it on) with a caesar salad from the pizzeria. Lunch in the dining room is the California roll, Build Your Own Burger with bacon, cheese, mushrooms and sauteed onions, baby back ribs (the oven browned potatoes that go with them are equally amazing), creme caramel, German chocolate cake (these are from 2 different menus; I didn't eat all of this in one sitting!). Dinner appetizers are escargot and grilled portabella mushrooms; soup is Caribbean roasted pumpkin (except it was horrible on Triumph last month), entrees are the duck breast, pork chop, chateaubriand, dessert was the Swedish chocolate cake and the Chocolate Decadence. And these were from just a 4 day cruise!

Archived