I found a kindle under the bed

hi sis, and yes where i come from the correct name is a chambermaid or a servant you may not like it and me have to agree that a kindle is for reading and never heard of a q tip i assume its for ladybits ?

i fing it a shock that some get offended by other countrys descriptions of things. tires are tyres and so on. royal caribbean cruise lines is called royal by many on this forum which is not right but i dont complain on here people can be so sensitive but getting back to fining 20 pairs of underpants behind a television on a carnival ship isnt that awful i fell awful if i was to find a lot of those things behind my telly.

so if the man that is supposed to be cleaning my room is called a stewart a chambermaid or a servant it is the same thing really they dont celan the room well enough as many have posted here and yes they should be fired if you dont do your job properrly you get fired. simples.

your bud

Hmm....all of a sudden you can't seem to spell or punctuate?? Where are you from?

On one of our cruise we notice our room to beyond unacceptable.

Food left in side table, bed sheets were not changed .. will not tell what I found on them

After calling the desk it turns out this was the last week for the room steward as he just finished his assignment and not returning.

They did end up recleaning our rooms.. (yes two) and gave us a different steward since he was upset with us for complaining..

The lost and found at Guest Services does indeed work. A year or so ago I found a camera, jewelry and several other items in my stateroom. I took them to Guest Services where they were inventoried and logged into the Lost and Found book. At that time they checked to see if the items had been reported lost, they had not. Several days later the Guest Services officer advised me that they had received an inquiry regarding the items from their owner. They were mailed back to their owner at the end of the cruise.

Laura, go have Lynn explain it all to you or is she cleaning her knickers?:rolleyes:

Really? Do you think this person is the same as the Lynn person?

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Or maybe Royal Caribbean should hire more attendants so they can do their job properly :rolleyes:

Can you thoroughly clean 16 cabins by yourself in about 4 hours time? Because thats exactly how many they have now according to three different cabin stewards I spoke with.

Servants? REALLY?

Hmmm? Could I clean 16 cabins in four hours? I could make it through one before I called my servants in to do the other 15.;) And based of how long it takes our cleaning persons to clean my house it would take them all day, and there are two of them!

ryano, the servants should feel lucky the OP would just fire them, and not had them flogged or made to walk the plank.;)

Once I left my camera and case laying in the WJ after we got up on embarkation day. --I was not that forgetful. we had several others come to sit with us on a large table and they were still there when we left. There were things all over the chairs and table and I did not see the camera. An hour later I went to look in the bag I thought had the camera and said Oh no!.

I went to guest services and they had it. The funny thing was that I could not describe it to get it back. I told them it was in a small black bag with a strap. That it was silver and I thought it was either a Canon or an Olympus. [could not remember which I brought] There were no pictures on it yet so that did not help. But, they eventually believed me and gave it back.

Now I have an address label on everything. Phones, cameras, etc. At least they would know it is mine.

We once had a phone message in our cabin from the people that had that cabin the week before looking for an item. We did not find it, but alerted guest services about the call. I thought about that later. that would be a good way to get back a valuable. The caller wanted us NOT to turn it in to guest services. They left their address and asked to send it COD or call them and they would send postage.

I left my college ring in my room morning we disembarked. Steward took to GS. We had two rooms so she told my wife's steward what she did. I went to GS and asked for it. The pursed asked me to describe it. I said it has my name engraved inside. I signed and said thank you

Hmm....all of a sudden you can't seem to spell or punctuate?? Where are you from?

Could be any number of countries but you can be sure it's under a bridge in one of them since that's where trolls live.

During my last cruise I found a kindle under my bed and I returned it to the service desk but something is telling me it will never reach his owner. How does the lost and found works after you leave the cruise? Any good experience if you have lost anything ?

I lost a kindle on Adventure of the Seas on New Years Cruise.....they never "found" it ... you didn't happen to be on Adventure did you??:confused:

I once volunteered to check on a lost item for someone who had been previously on Freedom. I found out what the process is.

When someone turns something in to Guest Services and it is not reclaimed on that particular cruise, the items are then locked up and cataloged and eventually end up in Miami. The telephone number for for Customer Service/Guest claims in Miami is 800-256-6649 or 305-539-8101.

My son left his Ipod in the safe on a Carnival cruise. When we realized it was missing we called Carnival Customer Service and they took a report but it didn't sound hopeful. But when we got home there was a message on our home phone made before we had called by someone on the ship saying that it had been found by the room steward and they were mailing it back to us at the address on our papers. Great service and we were so happy.

As far as leaving things, we left a camera once, reported it, never got it back and on another sailing I left the charger for a camera plugged into the wall, reported it, never got it back.

Finding things? Found two complete drawers full of men's socks and underwear once. Told the room steward. Found under the bed a set of car keys, turned them in.

As for the Bra poster...I am almost afraid to ask, but what is a Qtip for ladies bits?

I found someone's birth certificate on top of the closet. I have no idea how the person was able to clear customs without it.

By the way, my husbands user name on email and other sites has bra as the second part (his first name, underscore, bra) as it is the first three letters of his last name.

For the above poster who is unclear on "lady bits," it is an euphemism for the female genitalia.

hi sis, i too found underware under the bed on my ship. i made a complaint in the reception desk.

it is terrible the way the servants cleans the rooms and they should be fired. kindles, underware and rubbish. they are not doing their job properly i tell you

your bud

I pray that ignorance isn't contagious......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On our last cruise, I seemed to have lost my mind. perhaps due to the 12 sea days. I left my I Pad in the theater after a movie. I realized it as we were walking along the deck a few minutes later, where I found a gentleman standing outside the theater with it in his hand. He said that he figured someone would come back for it. A few days later I realized I did not have my prescription sun glasses. When I went to customer service, they had them. I found a purse in one of chairs at our table in the WJ. Took it to the front podium there, and he said he would hold it for a while to see if someone came back. When I passed by about 10 minutes later, it was gone.

Just remembered, I left my camera in Theatre on Legend. Realized it while we were waiting to watch disco night in Centrum. Went to GS and asked if they had a Nixon Coolpix. She looked and came back with it. She asked me to show her a picture with me in it. I looked and realized there weren't any. I'm the photographer in the family. I asked if she would like me to go downstairs and get my wife who was in the pics. She shrugged her shoulders and had me add sign for it

I found a driver's license on the beach in Bermuda on a Voyager of the Seas cruise that I took in July of 2012. It belonged to a girl from NJ who had just turned 21. I tried to turn it in to the lifeguard on the beach. He said "I can add this one to the stack of others that I have in the lifeguard stand". I decided to take it back to the ship since we were the only ship in port that day. I figured that someone on our ship had lost it. If not, I was prepared to mail it to the owner when we got to San Juan.

I took it to guest services once I returned on board and asked if a girl by the name on the license was on the ship. I was told that she indeed was! I asked for the license to be returned to her. The guest services employee asked if she could share my name with the girl in case she wanted to thank me. I said yes. I never heard a thing during the following 7 days of the cruise. I hope she appreciated the trouble I went through to return her license. I saved her from an unpleasant visit to the DMV!

Edited by khm1