white night options

mrbluesea

This will be my first azamara cruise however looking at the white night evening it looks like everything I would wish to avoid on a cruise (based on the small snipits that have been shown on tv recently). Are the MDR or speciality restaurants still open that evening. (How soon will I know what night I am trying to avoid).

Thanks very much

Yes, all the dining venues are open. You should find out on the day you board when it is by looking at the first daily paper that will indicate any special nights together with clock changes if there are any.

It's easy to avoid White Night if you want to, but as it's your first Azamara cruise I would at least venture up onto the Pool Deck (assuming it is held there and not relocated because of the weather) just to see what it's about. It usually goes on until around 10.30. You can always run back in if you don't like it! ;)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I was on the Journey three months ago. On the evening the White Night was held, the buffet restaurant (my dining venue of choice) was NOT open. However, the main dining room was open and that is where I ate. According to the ship's newspaper, the specialty restaurants were also open. You are made aware of the date when the cruise starts. But, it might be changed. On my last cruise, the seas were so rough on the scheduled date that the event was cancelled. It was held on a later date, but we were not given the date at the time of cancellation.

You can definitely eat indoors in the normal venues if the White Night Party isn't your thing. But I really recommend checking it out. I wasn't sure it would be my thing either, but it is a lovely evening on deck. Ours was anchored off the coast of Brazil and I can't imagine having missed it by eating in the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Michael

Just off the Journey. White Night not my thing as well as buffets - BUT I did go up and have a drink and had a good time then went to Prime C (Specialty Restaurant) for dinner. I also brought a White Shirt for the occasion.

Yes, all the dining venues are open. You should find out on the day you board when it is by looking at the first daily paper that will indicate any special nights together with clock changes if there are any.

It's easy to avoid White Night if you want to, but as it's your first Azamara cruise I would at least venture up onto the Pool Deck (assuming it is held there and not relocated because of the weather) just to see what it's about. It usually goes on until around 10.30. You can always run back in if you don't like it! ;)

Phil

I agree. At first I was not keen on the idea but so happy we went. Now I wouldn't miss a whit night party.

most of the cruises only one speciality resturant is open as the crew is working white nights cleaning up food as it is a buffet. i tend to arrive for the dancing.. but if i want to skip it i go eat somewhere.

No matter where you choose to eat that night please drop in to the party. the vibe is amazing particularly the performances by all the entertainment staff. IMHO it's much better that the Azamazing Evenings, which are generally good to very good.

We do not dine at the party itself. As stated, usually one of the Specialty Restaurants is open as well as the MDR. It is, however, fun to stop by and watch the goings on during the event, especially if docked at a nice port.

We have found the food to be wonderful. Three years ago they were baking escargot....baking and baking. I stuffed myself. I was disappointed they didn't

serve it last year on either one of our cruises.

I did not think we would like the White Night goings-on but we went anyway and actually enjoyed it. We will go again on our next Azamara cruise in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Robb, Glad you went to WN. Thought it was great on our particular trip, we danced and danced and chatted with many fellow pax and just had a blast! Then again, bring anchored off Copacabana Beach and seeing fantastic fireworks for a solid 20 minutes on New Year's Eve may've contributed to the festive atmosphere. Anyway, it was a terrific evening and we wouldn't ever skip a White Night party!

• 11 months later...

White Night is the best night on the ship. Please try it mrbluesea. The food is great too, not the usual barbecue type food. You can eat at the speciality restaurants, MDR or buffet any night, but White Night is only one night. The crew go to such efforts to make it a wonderful night for us.

You can wear any colour you like karpear, but most people do wear at least something white. Capri's and a nice top would be fine.

I think our White Night in a few weeks may be at Santorini. It will be a stunning sunset there.

This will be my first azamara cruise however looking at the white night evening it looks like everything I would wish to avoid on a cruise.

I'm with you, Mr. Blue Sea. The music was WAY too loud, making conversation next to impossible. My DH and I escaped after ten minutes. But this appears to be a minority opinion; most people seem to enjoy them.

We didn't think it would be our cup of tea, but have thoroughly enjoyed all 3 that we have been to. Yes, the music is loud, but it really is good fun and the food is amazing, definitely not the usual buffet food. The crepes suzette are to die for!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm with you, Mr. Blue Sea. The music was WAY too loud, making conversation next to impossible. My DH and I escaped after ten minutes. But this appears to be a minority opinion; most people seem to enjoy them.

To be fair, the weather on our only Azamara cruise to date was dreadful on White Night and everything had to be moved inside. We dressed in white and went to see what was going on, and we were away and in the Main Dining Room in less than 5 minutes. We'll give it another shot next January, but don't feel obligated to participate. We were not the only ones shying away, and no one asked us why we were not at the festivities.

So I'm hoping it's just a matter of wearing something white. A shirt or top. Not the whole outfit. I rarely wear white, and certainly neither of us own complete white outfits.

Absolutely yes! I've seen people just with white beads or shoes....

Just off the Journey. White Night not my thing as well as buffets - BUT I did go up and have a drink and had a good time then went to Prime C (Specialty Restaurant) for dinner. I also brought a White Shirt for the occasion.

Just curious! Do you also need to wear white pants?