Will my ship tender

rdemn

There are no tender ports on your cruise to Alaska. I have never seen a tender port in Alaska. The route schedule on the Princess site will always indicate a tender port.

On my Alaskan cruise, we did have a port that we tendered into.

Tendering will depend on the number of ships in port and when you arrive in port. Ships have had to tender in Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau based on capacity. I know Princess rarely has to tender but it does happen. See your own itinerary and do a search of what the port's schedule is that day too so see who else will be there and their scheduled times. This is always subject to change.

Edited by Parvatiiv

There are no tender ports on your cruise to Alaska. I have never seen a tender port in Alaska.

Even after Sitka finally built a pier, most ships still tender there.

Icy Strait Point is always a tender port.

As the others have pointed out, when ports get congested at high season, just about any Alaska port will have one or more ships tendering.

7/14 Ketchikan dock 3 (you should celebrate not being at dock 4...)

7/15 Juneau "AMP" - Anchor Marine Park. So it looks like you'll be tendering in Juneau.

7/16 Skagway RRA - Railroad Aft. Railroad forward would be closer, but RRA isn't bad IMHO.

I rather like the railway dock aft as I can see all the names of ships painted on the shale wall. There is a lot of history there including the ship I crewed on 50 years ago and the captain I sailed under.

The way you usually find out about details on your ports is to look at your cruise documents or to call the cruise company. The documents will indicate if you tender,

DON

Have always found those listings to be quite unreliable especially whether tendering or not.

Things change once onboard so the Princess reps may not have good info either.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I am on that same cruise and on our itinerary it does state that we will Tender in Juneau, no other ports show a tender.

Jul 15

Juneau

Tender Required

Wheelchair Access Limited