Carnival Banning Bottled Drinks Being Brought On Board

rbrugler

I purposely bring refillable water bottles now because 1) lugging bottles by oneself is heavy and 2) buying namebrand water on the ship is expensive.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Carnival started selling bottled water $2.99 for 12- 500 ml bottles (16 oz)

pretty cheap for a cruise ship

You can still bring 2 bottles of wine

and a 12 pack pp of (caned boxed) soda's and juice.

Nothing really changed except the bottle part.but you do get cheaper water so no more lugging it around.

Nothing really changed except the bottle part.but you do get cheaper water so no more lugging it around.

For $2.99 for a 12 pack I'm not sure why anyone would want to bring their own on board. Same price, if not cheaper, than the grocery store and no need to lug around a case of drinks through check in.

For $2.99 for a 12 pack I'm not sure why anyone would want to bring their own on board. Same price, if not cheaper, than the grocery store and no need to lug around a case of drinks through check in.

We got cheap old "Poland Springs" water in our NH grocery stores. 35 for $3.99 a lot of the time.

Still wouldn't lug it aboard. Ships water taste fine by me.

Did you leave out a number there? I would be amazed if any cruise line sold 12 bottles of water for $2.99.

Maybe $29.99?

If ncl lowered their prices of water to 2.99 a pack I would buy it. Their price on water is just a rip off at the moment. It's nice to have some cold water to drink in the room at night after consuming alcohol all day.

Just wondering, if these CEO's and their top deputies play weekly on the same golf course down in MIA ;)

Optional packing checking list for future cruises (Carnival & NCL ... possibly RCI next to join :D) - compact/folding travel cooler or insulated tote (newest ones do not need those "gel" bricks - refrigerate overnight & use,) and, BPA-free water bottles.

But, going to draw the line at bring those food tray, not going to pack them - especially when it is not a home port cruise. :D

The other change that no one is really talking about is that any alcohol that is brought onboard (other than the one bottle of wine per person) will be confiscated and thrown out. It used to be held and returned at the end of the cruise.

The other change that no one is really talking about is that any alcohol that is brought onboard (other than the one bottle of wine per person) will be confiscated and thrown out. It used to be held and returned at the end of the cruise.

I get it... But as a sometimes smuggler, I always assume what I brought will be confiscated and then decide on the risk. Never in water or soda bottles though......so no change for me.

So, I gather this takes effect next month. Too much alcohol being smuggled on board. How long before NCL follows suit? I don't drink, so I don't care, but I bet a lot of folk will!

I think it's great they are only charging $2.99 for a 12 pack of water. Saves us from having to lug it on the ship. Hope NCL follows.

And they still allow cans of soda so coke fans like myself will still be fine with that

Are we still able to buy alcohol at a port of call and pick it up at end of cruise?

I purposely bring refillable water bottles now because 1) lugging bottles by oneself is heavy and 2) buying namebrand water on the ship is expensive.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Exactly, what's wrong with ship water ?

Remember, Evian is Naive spelled backwards:D:D

So, I gather this takes effect next month. Too much alcohol being smuggled on board. How long before NCL follows suit? I don't drink, so I don't care, but I bet a lot of folk will!

our travel agent told me about this yesterday. I am sure most lines will follow, and I think many of us can understand. I thought this would happen long ago. As someone has mentioned the $2.99 is only if you pre order. It is a great deal for those who don't want to drink ship water. I happen to think the water on the ship is just fine. We have always bought a couple of empty bottles on and refilled them each day. As for the booze policy on Carnival, I think many who do smuggle will think twice if they know it will to tossed.

Edited by newmexicoNita