Cuba - Adjust Itineraries?

cle-guy

Should Celebrity adjust published itineraries if Cuba opens for mass market cruise lines?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Should Celebrity adjust published itineraries if Cuba opens for mass market cruise lines?

• Yes, adjust itineraries
    • No, do not adjust itineraries

I think it would be great to schedule Cuba on future itineraries, I'm just not a fan of changing the itinerary after people have booked their cruise and are expecting to go where planned (other than weather/safety issues, of course)

Ken

Interesting regarding the View Count.

With 8 votes registered, and 1 reply (this being number 2) the thread View Count for me shows zero....?

Should be at least 8 by now right, let alone the number of times I've been back in here....

I am wondering what actually makes the Thread View counter

"tick".

I think it would be great to schedule Cuba on future itineraries, I'm just not a fan of changing the itinerary after people have booked their cruise and are expecting to go where planned (other than weather/safety issues, of course)

Ken

Totally agree with Ken and would have posted the same as he did!

LuLu

Would like to see Cuba ;but ,only when they get some modern conveniences .Remember that their transportation is rather old . Additionally ,they will have to build modern facilities at their beaches & hotels to attract US tourist dollars:eek:

Would love to see Cuba as an overnight, but would not change existing ports to visit. I bet that all cruise lines that currently don't visit Cuba are or have developed plans to visit as soon as they can.

Edited by Orator

Any changes should be for new itins only.....not by changing any existing cruises after they are offered for booking...been thru that fiasco already!

I know folks from other nations go there to vacation, but this has not been US policy., and wonder if general tourism will open until political issues are resolved between US and Cuba,

I voted "no". All your typical American tourists flooding into Cuba off cruise ships will ruin the place

DON

Isn't it already ruined? If not, why are people leaping into the water on flimsy rafts to get out of there?

Interesting regarding the View Count.

With 8 votes registered, and 1 reply (this being number 2) the thread View Count for me shows zero....?

Should be at least 8 by now right, let alone the number of times I've been back in here....

I am wondering what actually makes the Thread View counter

"tick".

Mine shows 12 and 249 as of a few seconds ago

Would like to see Cuba ;but ,only when they get some modern conveniences .Remember that their transportation is rather old . Additionally ,they will have to build modern facilities at their beaches & hotels to attract US tourist dollars:eek:

Huh!!! Their "modern facilities at beaches and hotels" has been there for millions of tourists from Canada and Europe for years!!! 3 million go from Canada alone each year. Veradero alone has over 60 hotels including all major chains. We are somewhat dismayed that our lovely Cuba will change drastically with the huge influx from the US

Edited by Christine Frances

Huh!!! Their "modern facilities at beaches and hotels" has been there for millions of tourists from Canada and Europe for years!!! 3 million go from Canada alone each year. Veradero alone has over 60 hotels including all major chains. We are somewhat dismayed that our lovely Cuba will change drastically with the huge influx from the US

We enjoyed our holiday in Cuba in November, they are far more advanced than some people realize. Beautiful beaches and very friendly staff.

Ok, on a standard 7 day sailing, which port would be dropped on the Eastern route, and which would be dropped on the western? Never mind the longer routes, let's keep it simple.

Eastern drop___________

Western drop___________

Now remember we are talking about the U.S. Gov saying it is okie dokie to do this. There will probably not be much lead time, just one day, hey cruise industry, it's ok to park your liners in Cuba for a day.

With routes out thru April 2017 on the web site, that's almost 2 years. All the other lines make a change! But no, not Celebrity, so hundreds cancell and book with somewhere else. Fact of business life, changes happen, and Company's slow to move most times loose out.

I vote yes.

If Cuba opens to the mass market cruise lines and an itinerary adjustment is necessary to include Cuba, and the cost is a dropped scheduled port, my vote is change the itinerary, cancel a previously scheduled port and call in Cuba.

FWIW, there are already 2 cruise lines, Thompson and Cuba Cruises that call on various Cuban ports. Lots of European and some Canadian cruisers have taken advantage. I understand Cuba Cruises (which used a Louis Cruise Lines ship on Charter) has been sold but that's just what I heard.

We'll probably be looking at these two options for a 2017 cruise as 2016 is filled already.

We enjoyed our holiday in Cuba in November, they are far more advanced than some people realize. Beautiful beaches and very friendly staff.

Thomson cruises already cruise from there,also popular with british holiday makers,as has been said some major hotel chains have places there :)

Folks it is happening in the rest of the world already! They have been going for years. But what the heck, it's just another Carribean island, who cares. RIGHT!

Alternale dropping Grand Caymen & Key West on the western routes. And alternate Cuba and St Thomas on the Eastern.

I would hope that Celebrity would alter its itinerary if Cuba opened up or else it would force me to book on a cruise line that was going there lol.

Cuba Cruises ( a Canadian cruise line) was bought out by Louis Crystal. Would really like to do that one as it is a small ship and can get into Havana (will need dredging for larger ships), and is a 7 nt cruise circumnavigating Cuba with one stop in Jamaica which is where all the Americans board lol

I've always wanted to visit Cuba. Yes, please add a stop there.

Cuba is a large island with many interesting cities. To me. Havana which is the place that most of the cruise ships would probably stop, is the least interesting city of them all.

If you add a single stop in Cuba, you can hardly say that you have visited Cuba. You have to stay in several cities for a a few days in each city to really experience the place.

DON