Too casual?

TNDeb

On Cunard, that is too casual for a formal night. On Carnival, I imagine it would be fine.

Who told you it was too casual, and what line will you be on? If it was a random person on the internet, don't worry. If it's one of your dinner companions - and he'll be in a tuxedo - well, yeah, that's a bit of a formality level missmatch and I personally would want to avoid that.

On Cunard, that is too casual for a formal night. On Carnival, I imagine it would be fine.

On Carnival it will be absolutely fine and you will look great! :)

I wanted to clarify that I don't know if the OP is going on Carnival - she didn't say and her countdown timer doesn't say either - but the old countdown timers said Carnival, so I made a guess.

Knowing the line will help tremendously in the advice that is given!

Pretty dress! It is not really a "dressy night" dress, however you will be perfectly fine for a "sunshine" cruise. Even on Cunard and Crystal I have seen "less dressy" outfits than your lovely dress. The most important thing is for you to feel comfortable and enjoy your evening.

We booked a cruise at the last minute last year while we were traveling and I didn't have my usual evening wear with me so I wore a maxi dress that I did have with me. I felt uncomfortable and self-conscious because I like to wear dressier clothes but to be honest I don't think anyone noticed and there were many not as dressy as me.

Enjoy your dress and your evening!

I think you will look absolutely beautiful in your dress! If you are really still concerned, you could put a little black shawl or lightweight pashmina around your shoulders. But I think you will be Fabulous!

Lauri

Many THANKS for all the replies! :)

I will be cruising on the Carnival Sunshine and the 'casual' comment was made by the female of the couple we're vacationing with. The 1st dress up outfit is much dressier and coordinated with DH's outfit, I think we will be more than fine by anyone's standards. And frankly, this red dress is good enough for me, and DH, and that's really all that matters.

Vacation starts this coming Tuesday at 5:30PM and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!

[i

I will be cruising on the Carnival Sunshine and the 'casual' comment was made by the female of the couple we're vacationing with. The 1st dress up outfit is much dressier and coordinated with DH's outfit, I think we will be more than fine by anyone's standards. And frankly, this red dress is good enough for me, and DH, and that's really all that matters.

[/i]

And that is all that really matters! Enjoy your vacation!

I think you will see a mixed lot of people on Carnival for Formal night as has been my experience on past cruises. Some people really enjoy dressing to the nines and that is great as is a simple sundress. One is not better than the other IMO. It is more a matter of style, comfort, and personal preference. I find your dress lovely and you could dress it up or down with the right accessories. I will be going on an Alaskan cruise in September and can guarantee you that I won't be packing my ballgown!

Again, many THANKS for all the comments!

Next month I will celebrate 35 years with my employer and for the first 17 years I worked with the public and HAD to dress up. At that time of my life I was single and enjoyed dressing up(and the shopping! :p). As I've grown older, I've grown VERY fond of the casual lifestyle. And thankfully, my current position allows me to dress as such. I do still enjoy dressing up on occasion.

Here is the dress I will wear on the 1st dress up night. I have white strappy heels, and some bling that matches the dress. And the best accessory will be the DH in a turquoise dress shirt, tie and black pants.

http://www.dressbarn.com/items/dress/images/pdpsize/102145877_408.jpg

My mouth is already watering for that first Twilight Zone, which BTW would match this dress! :p:D

Again, many THANKS for all the comments!

Next month I will celebrate 35 years with my employer and for the first 17 years I worked with the public and HAD to dress up. At that time of my life I was single and enjoyed dressing up(and the shopping! :p). As I've grown older, I've grown VERY fond of the casual lifestyle. And thankfully, my current position allows me to dress as such. I do still enjoy dressing up on occasion.

Here is the dress I will wear on the 1st dress up night. I have white strappy heels, and some bling that matches the dress. And the best accessory will be the DH in a turquoise dress shirt, tie and black pants.

http://www.dressbarn.com/items/dress/images/pdpsize/102145877_408.jpg

My mouth is already watering for that first Twilight Zone, which BTW would match this dress! :p:D

The dress is pretty. How do you plan to wear your hair? I love turquoise, one of my favorite colors.