Celebrity Constellation - should we?

travellovers2

We love Celebrity, so when we sat down to plan a "why not" cruise for our 25th cruise, of all the cruise lines we have taken, we first thought of Celebrity.

We love the itinerary they have for the week after Thanksgiving, but then saw that the ship is the Constellation built in 2002. Humm... should we? Is this ship still in good condition? :rolleyes:

We love Celebrity, so when we sat down to plan a "why not" cruise for our 25th cruise, of all the cruise lines we have taken, we first thought of Celebrity.

We love the itinerary they have for the week after Thanksgiving, but then saw that the ship is the Constellation built in 2002. Humm... should we? Is this ship still in good condition? :rolleyes:

Is that the 9 night cruise? I wouldn't hesitate to take the Constellation. If that is the cruise, there are not a lot of cabin choices, and the prices are not close to my liking.

We enjoyed Connie in Jan after doing S class for awhile...very cozy, comfortable and clean

great staff and crew, in excellent condition....BLU was very good, nice pool in the solarium

The pier in FLLfor our Connie cruise was easy to access....

Enjoy!

We sailed on Connie last year and are doing so again this year on the week of Thanksgiving. The ship was and is beautiful. It has been updated and we were extremely happy with the look and decor.

Do not hesitate to book the Constellation. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you very much for your responses!! I feel like I'm on a first name basis now with the ship "Connie". :)

We have taken all the large ships like Oasis, Allure, the beautiful Eclipse, Equinox , the very interesting Epic and the new Princess Regal and Royal. Honestly it's now all about the itinerary. This cruise after Thanksgiving has two places we have not been to, so it's a "why not" idea since we have the week off and we can put that #25 on our list.

I just hope I can get a balcony cabin!! :rolleyes: Thank you!

Thank you very much for your responses!! I feel like I'm on a first name basis now with the ship "Connie". :)

We have taken all the large ships like Oasis, Allure, the beautiful Eclipse, Equinox , the very interesting Epic and the new Princess Regal and Royal. Honestly it's now all about the itinerary. This cruise after Thanksgiving has two places we have not been to, so it's a "why not" idea since we have the week off and we can put that #25 on our list.

I just hope I can get a balcony cabin!! :rolleyes: Thank you!

I did not see any verandah cabins when I looked a little while ago :(

While Connie does not have all of the "bells and whistles" as the S class ships, she was upgraded to some of them a few years ago. The ship is fine and you don't have to wait in as many lines as you do with the mega ships and service is better. We're cruising again on the Connie this fall.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was on the Connie and we fell in love with Celebrity on her. We just got off the Equinox and sail on the Millie in 2 months, but the Connie so far is still our favorite. We booked another cruise on her for Sept 2016. BTW we sailed on her right after a cruise on the Allure. As you know that ship is amazing and I had lots of worries we'd be disappointed in a small old ship but I worried needlessly. The Connie was wonderful. Enjoy!

The Constellation is in beautiful condition. I was surprised by that on our 9 day cruise last December. Looked like a much newer ship.

The Ocean Liners restaurant was excellent, and I loved Tuscan Grill, too.

Best of all is the T-Pool! Like a giant,warm jacuzzi tub, total stress eraser.

In the event you have not caught on, "The Connie" has a huge loyal following. We sailed her for 14 nights Southern Caribbean a few years ago and our "most fun" cruise to date. We did a 5 night Connie cruise in February 2015 to get the points to move to Elite+ and while on board took advantage of deal and booked her again for 9 night in February 2016.

As others have told you, great crew and great ship. Be certain to book dinner in Ocean Liners. Find others to join you and book the private dining area in wine cellar. Enjoy your cruise and fall in love with "Connie."

I booked that cruise as soon as it came out to get the room I wanted. There were plenty of balcony rooms for quite a while & all of a sudden they were all gone...in like a few days. I have a feeling that many rooms will hit when final payment come around. I love, love the Connie because of the Rendevous lounge & T pool.

We were on the solstice last month and we did not her at all . Lots of lines, very loud music everywhere. The service was not good. This was our 34th cruise so we know the difference between good service and bad.

We have cruised on the Millie Abdul Connie , enjoyed both ships.

the Constellation goes where I want to go.

I will be on her for the third time in a row.

It is a beautiful older ship in great condition with everything the S class ships have except grass, a Persian Garden with windows, and only specialty dining areas. That is just right for me...

I booked that cruise as soon as it came out to get the room I wanted. There were plenty of balcony rooms for quite a while & all of a sudden they were all gone...in like a few days. I have a feeling that many rooms will hit when final payment come around. I love, love the Connie because of the Rendevous lounge & T pool.

From what I've been told on the roll call for this cruise it is a Pied Piper cruise and that agency has booked half the cabins. There will be some private parties and someone warned on the roll call that this group will pretty much take over the pool area and Martini Bar. Maybe veranda cabins will pop up again but I wouldn't count on it.

We were on the Constellation in April and were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the ship was- this was actually our first time on Celebrity so we were a little worried about her age. We have traveled on many other lines, big and small, and loved our experience on the Constellation. The best part was the suite perks especially dining in Lumanea. The ship was clean and the crew was wonderful. New ships are great, but the Constellation has been well taken care of!

Well... we were not able to get a balcony on Connie :( so we went to plan b and decided to do our 25th cruise on the Eurodam. This will be our fist time on HAL, so we're looking forward to something different.

We will definitely try Connie another year. I heard there is a big group on this cruise, so that could be why balconies were sold out. Oh well. There is always plan b!!!

We're still in our late 40's so God willing we still have a long time to travel and experience new things! Keep on traveling. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Equinox last Spring, and booked my Connie cruise for next May onboard! The day after we booked, guess who was in port with us in Cozumel? It was really nice to see the next ship we'll be sailing on in port. What a nice surprise. It looked really nice, although not as modern as the Equinox I am VERY excited for my cruise next year!

Hi!

We have sailed on the Costellation five times. including a 14=day cruise where the norovirus had created chaos......we still loved our time on board.

We are booked on her again this fall....a transatlantic cruise that sailson November 4 from Rome.

You will love her!

Happy Sailing,

Carol Ann

Just off the Connie on a cruise from Venice to Rome. Ship is fine and has been upgraded by being Solsticized. BTW, Captain Tasos is terrific, friendly, amusing and personable. He has a wonderful sense of humor and his crew reflects his personality.

Had no problems with any of the venues. One very strange production show, but all else was just fine.

We were on her in May and didn't like her at all.

There is nothing wrong with the ship, the decoration etc. Staff were wonderful.

We just found her very badly laid out. We were on deck 11 and to get anywhere seemed to be a hike as the lift only went down one end. If you see what I mean! To go to the library, for instance, it was down the stairs and along the corridor. Other people's cabins. To go from the Cafe al Bacio, we had to walk through Cellarmasters and it was freezing in there. We seemed to walk for miles every day!

We are going back to Silhouette. We would not go on Connie again.