on board credit

bluemug

Yes.

If you've not pre-paid gratuities they'll be added to your on-board account, along with any purchase such as drinks, excursions, dining upgrades.

Your OBC comes off your on-board account.

So job done, automatically.;)

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

On NCL the answer depends upon the source of the OBC- OBC given as a promotion by NCL may not be used to pay the service charge that is assessed daily, OBC that you purchase or that is given to you from another source maybe used for that.

Anyone know if I can use my on board credit to pay my end of cruise gratuity

Lots of answers say yes, but the answer is really maybe. It depends on how you got the OBC. If it is paid OBC then yes, you can use it. If it is free OBC given to you from the cruise line then the answer is usually no. If it is from your TA, then it depends on how they got it.

Lots of answers say yes, but the answer is really maybe. It depends on how you got the OBC. If it is paid OBC then yes, you can use it. If it is free OBC given to you from the cruise line then the answer is usually no. If it is from your TA, then it depends on how they got it.

That may be true in theory, but at least on some lines who have that policy, it is not true in practice.

My line of choice has that policy, but when the bill is presented, the OBC is listed as one sum at the top, regardless of source, and charges are subtracted until it is gone. Then the bill starts to add up.