Do you laugh secretly at the pictures hanging at the photo gallery?

mcatmcat

DW & I usually buy one pic as a remembrance of each cruise. Had one taken formal night last cruise - I must have blinked and sneered, and the photog caught it at the right (wrong?) moment. I look like a pirate, so naturally that's the pic we bought.

Also, my DS & I used to compete to see who could make the funniest face for season pass cards for water parks, etc.. Did that on Royal for our boarding pics a couple of times - good for some strange looks from security!:D

We sat at a table where a woman had a major argument with the cruise photographer about not having her picture taken in the MDR. It ended up with her stopping him by holding a side plate in front of her face.

I nearly wet myself when my daughter pointed out the photograph of this woman with a plate in front of her face on the racks.

Lol John

..............maybe she was in the F.B.I. witness protection program......or better yet paying for her vacation with her WELFARE CHECK? :eek:

We sat at a table where a woman had a major argument with the cruise photographer about not having her picture taken in the MDR. It ended up with her stopping him by holding a side plate in front of her face.

I nearly wet myself when my daughter pointed out the photograph of this woman with a plate in front of her face on the racks.

Lol John

That is priceless. I guess he was taking that photo no matter what.

Don't really laugh...but I do sometimes look at what people are wearing and find it amazing that the spent time picking out the outfit, got dressed, looked in the mirror and thought to themselves; "Dang! I look gooooooooooooood!" :D

Of course...others may be thinking the same thing when they see us.

I have that same thought many times on a cruise. LOL

Hey, for the most part, you will never see those folks again so you may as well find some amusement.

I have been known to chuckle at them, yes. On our last cruise they used a green screen for the boarding photo and one family had on green shirts that was the same color as the screen. Their boarding photo was a set of disembodied heads. (And after seeing I found our photo and DW had been wearing a green shirt too, although hers was darker than the screen so her torso has a washed out effect.)

I would do this on purpose.

We have gotten away from even looking at them and do not volunteer to have photos taken anymore. The quality in my opinion has not been very good. Shots are composed horribly, lighting is bad, someone has errant hairs that the photog did not notice. For what they charge I would expect them to be much better.

I know some people will attack me for me saying this but I was wondering if anybody else laughs at the pictures hanging at the photo gallery during the cruise. I mean I don't laugh if you have a physical problem or anything like that but some people look so funny on those pic that we can resist laughing in secret

Well, it's not in secret anymore!!! :D

I don't bother to even look at the photo boards. I don't let the ship's photographers take any pictures so unless the rare time we are with friends who want a photo together, we bypass the photo entirely. :)

Ship's photographers always gripe me. You have just finished a 10 hour flight from the West Coast in Economy, You have a day and a half beard, your clothes are wrinkled, you are dead tired, and the last thing you want is to have someone shove a camera in your face.

Funniest thing I saw on a Regency cruise was a bunch of people from a Carnival ship taking boarding pictures on our gangway

A friend of mine is a ship's photographer.

She's quite happy to say that the reason she took the job was to see and photograph the world (she's a "real" professional photographer), but now she enjoys her life at sea.

She also makes a point of always taking the best passenger photographs she can, because even after years at sea she understands and appreciates that for many people, a cruise is something rather special and often a one-off experience.

I've found that if I don't want my photograph taken, a couple of polite and firm "thank you but no thank you" is all it takes.

VP

Ship's photographers always gripe me. You have just finished a 10 hour flight from the West Coast in Economy, You have a day and a half beard, your clothes are wrinkled, you are dead tired, and the last thing you want is to have someone shove a camera in your face.

Another reason to arrive a day ahead.

We always passed by the embarkation photo set up and continued to the gangway. We knew we would never purchase that photo so why waste anyone's time or effort..... just say No, Thank You and continue on your way.

[quote name='lady_cruiser']
The only time I was bothered by something was when a young man (late 20s or early 30s) was looking at photographs and saw one he liked. His comment went something like this "WOW look at her". I had just looked at that photo and it looked like she had to be a young teenager. "I wonder who she is. I think I'll buy this photo and put it on my desk." Then big laughs from his buddy as he took the photo off the wall and went to check out.[/QUOTE]

OMG!:eek::eek::eek:

Do we laugh at pictures in the gallery? After a lifetime of cruising we do not even notice the picture in the gallery, and if they take our picture they are wasting our time (we tell this to the photographers). Many years ago, when cruise line photos were a bargain, DW and I would get photos from all of our cruises. One line, RCI (then RCCL) would give us 2 free 8x10 formal photos (because we were Diamond) which is not longer a benefit. So we would get these formal photos every year (we always gave one to DD as a joke Xmas gift) and they still sit around our home. Then after about twenty years we noticed that the photos were all the same except we were getting older in each picture. At that point we no longer got photos :).

Hank

[quote name='john watson']We sat at a table where a woman had a major argument with the cruise photographer about not having her picture taken in the MDR. It ended up with her stopping him by holding a side plate in front of her face.

Lol John[/quote]

If they did that to DW it would have hit the fan, big time, I would have taken it as far up the ladder as needed.

She has a condition that is not unlike epilepsy and such an action could have ended with her in hospital.

Photographers need to learn that NO means NO.

[quote name='GUT2407']Never look at them.

And as a former pro photographer, they have a hide to call them photographers.

I really wonder if they get any vetting or training.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you most can only point and shoot... if you want them to do anything different then the camera is set up for they can't do it. We take our own and skip the photographers, do like to get the dvd on cruises... have had them at to private footage to a dvd for us a couple of times. Like that way better.

Not so much the photos, but the price! We were just on the "Summit" and a 5X7 was $20. With just about everyone having a digital camera, take (or have someone take) a photo, go to Walgreens or CVS and have a 5X7 printed for 99 cents. We didn't notice anyone purchasing photos, but if they charged around $5 each, we probably would have purchased a few and they would have ended up making more $$$ on the total number of photos sold.