How late can you linger on disembark day?

First cruise coming up. I am wondering how late you will be allowed to linger on board the ship on the last day. I don't have anywhere to be until 11. Are you allowed to sit around the public areas or eat a late breakfast? When is the last possible time you can be in your room? Thanks.

First cruise coming up. I am wondering how late you will be allowed to linger on board the ship on the last day. I don't have anywhere to be until 11. Are you allowed to sit around the public areas or eat a late breakfast? When is the last possible time you can be in your room? Thanks.

There is no late breakfast on disembarkation day. They want you off the ship by around 10m. You can probably push it and stay in the stateroom until 9am.

you can't linger. New cruisers are starting to get on by 11 or 11:30. You have to be off well before then. There is no late breakfast.

Breakfast is closed by 8:30. They do not reopen until 11:00 for the new pax. You will be kicked off the shop between 09:30 and 10:00 am. The ship must be cleared for Customs in the US. You are asked to be out of your Room by 8:00 AM. Suites get a little longer as do handicapped (true H/C). H/C to 8:30 and suites to about 9 am.

Public areas are for waiting in. Some areas will have coffee and tea available. The Diamond and above waiting area did have cookies as well.

The hour to hour and half is used by crew to clean and prepare for the new arrivals. Remember when you first went on board, you seen how clean and welcoming everything looked. All trays were full of treats or food. It looks like they had just finished making it.

Your cabin steward stands there glaring at you nervously .. piling up the vacuum cleaner and their cart in front of your door .. . they stick their head around the corner several times checking to see if you are still there ... then they shake their head, mumbling something under their breath .. they check again .. you are STILL in there .. in their way ... they want you OUT !

"Goo-Byeee Mista ... You GO NOW ... Out! Out! Out! .... Byeeee !"

Disembarkation morning is not the warm fuzzy environment you got used to for the six days prior .. your cruise is now officially OVER, you are a past guest .. and they want you GONE !

Your cabin steward stands there glaring at you nervously .. piling up the vacuum cleaner and their cart in front of your door .. . they stick their head around the corner several times checking to see if you are still there ... then they shake their head, mumbling something under their breath .. they check again .. you are STILL in there .. in their way ... they want you OUT !

"Goo-Byeee Mista ... You GO NOW ... Out! Out! Out! .... Byeeee !"

Disembarkation morning is not the warm fuzzy environment you got used to for the six days prior .. your cruise is now officially OVER, you are a past guest .. and they want you GONE !

Unless she/she got extra tip the night before lol

I have a junior suite. Will I have a late check out?

No ... you HAD a junior suite ... its "Get lost, Junior" along with everyone else on that last morning!

Reminds me what an owner of a Chinese buffet restaurant said to some rather large customers, "you go now, you eat to much!"

Reminds me what an owner of a Chinese buffet restaurant said to some rather large customers, "you go now, you eat to much!"

Hahaha John Pinette, right ? "You go now. .. you eat too much .. you frighten my wiiiiife! ... you here 4 howaa ... Eat some wegetabooo !"

Edited by F27TW

I have a junior suite. Will I have a late check out?

You will have an early check-out, as a JS is more real estate to clean;)

As the others said 8am will be the latest and your cabin attendant is eagerly waiting for you to go go go. For them you are a Thing of the past and the guest to Focus on is the one coming onboard.

Many People want to board as early as possible and most want their cabins ready as early as possible upon embarkation - well that only works if the previous Pax are of early.

You need to consider that your cruise is effectively OVER when you go to bed the last night. Any and all service you've come to expect all week is conspicuously missing on the last morning. Breakfast is VERY early and you have to be OUT of your cabin by 8am.

So breakfast in the main dining room is early. How early would they start?

Depends on the ship. Oasis Windjammer is open at 5:30am on departure day. MDR is open at 7am.

The public areas to wait are a jumble of people with their carry-ons, much more unhappy then they were in the Windjammer when they boarded. We overheard the cabin stewards on our hall talking about a steward leaving. They were having to cover his cabins, as well as their own. We would never try to linger in the cabin, holding up the steward, even without that situation. They have a huge job to turn around all the cabins on a tight schedule. When we boarded, someone came out on our floor to say they were sorry that they were running a few minutes behind. They were delayed by about 15 minutes. We all sat talking wondering who they had to boot out of the cabin at the last minute and left the cabin in such a mess to delay us from getting into our cabins.

Basically, pack your stuff and hit the road. You are no longer a guest and are no longer wanted on board. I try to get off the ship as soon as our group is called. Sure, I'd love to stick around longer, but I don't want to hold up others' vacations by possibly being in the way of the staff performing their turn around duties. They have a lot of work to do in a very limited amount of time, and I don't want to interfere with their work - they work plenty hard as it is.

Any and all service you've come to expect all week is conspicuously missing on the last morning. Breakfast is VERY early and you have to be OUT of your cabin by 8am.

I knew you'd say this in this thread and I am here to refute this. Yes they want the disembarking passengers to move along, but in no way have I ever not received anything I needed help with on the last morning. Staff and crew still smiled at me right up until we left the building. I have to say I don't know what it is about you that you are not receiving any and all service right up until you leave... good grief....

:p:p:p:p:p

I knew you'd say this in this thread and I am here to refute this. Yes they want the disembarking passengers to move along, but in no way have I ever not received anything I needed help with on the last morning. Staff and crew still smiled at me right up until we left the building. I have to say I don't know what it is about you that you are not receiving any and all service right up until you leave... good grief....

:p:p:p:p:p

I agree as well. I have never received BAD service or witnessed any staff being rude or discourteous, as the staff still put on their game faces, but have gotten the IMPRESSION from some staff that they want us gone, but have never heard any staff being rude or disrespectful, but you can tell that the atmosphere is not quite the same.

People want to board early and debark late. Those are at odds with each other. We have always received good service, but a lot of the staff is busy getting people off and getting ready for all those boarding. Just remember, when you're waiting to board, there are those lally gagging around trying to extend their vacations which I would guess doesn't impress you so think of those boarding when you are delaying getting off.:rolleyes::cool:

People want to board early and debark late. Those are at odds with each other. We have always received good service, but a lot of the staff is busy getting people off and getting ready for all those boarding. Just remember, when you're waiting to board, there are those lally gagging around trying to extend their vacations which I would guess doesn't impress you so think of those boarding when you are delaying getting off.:rolleyes::cool:

Well said!