Any other ports have stingrays like Stingray City in Grand Cayman?

LadyLeo84

I love swimming with the stingrays at Stingray City. Just wondering though if anyone knows of another port that offers something similar? We have been to Stingray City 3 times and would like to try another port this time.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!

To the specific subject of stingrays, no other port that I am familiar with has interactions with wild stingrays. A couple of places (Half Moon Cay) has small interactions with caged stingrays.

As mentioned, there are several places with interactions with domesticated dolphins. To interact with wild dolphins, you need to go to a place like Monkey Mia.

The port of Grand Turk & Caicos has a stingray excursion on the small island of Gibbs Cay. I thoroughly enjoyed. In waist-deep water, the small stingrays would swim between your legs and sometimes give you a gentle kiss.

There was also an opportunity for some snorkeling.

We actually liked the stingray option in at Gibbs Cay during our stop at Grand Turk more than Stingray City in Grand Cayman. Don't get me wrong, Stingray City was great! But at Grand Turk it was far, far less crowded (accommodates a maximum of two cruise ships per day, far less than tender into Grand Cayman many days) and if you did not want to interact with the rays you could hang on the beach at Gibbs Cay.

Stingray City was an adventure we'll never forget, but when we were planning a cruise that included Grand Turk, Gibbs Cay's just off-the-beach option appealed to DW and the physically challenged couple we were planning to travel with. A day with the rays is a good day no matter what.

Stingray City in Antigua was great. We enjoyed interacting with the stingrays in the wild.

Was just going to recommend Antiqua. The only issue I found with it though is it's not as shallow as GC. But great interaction with the Rays.