"upgrade"

brownie9

Just got a Princess "upgrade". Not sure about it.. We are on the Aloha deck cabin A420. Center ship but right and I mean right outside the elevators. Also this deck is one deck below the pool. Has anyone experienced this? Will we get the band and all the pool noise on our balcony? And, what about the elevators? Help, I only have 2 days to refuse it...

Brownie9

I've had cabins right outside the elevators and never had problems with noise. We've also been under the pool and not had a problem. I'm usually up, however, before they start setting up the chairs for the day. Someone who is a light sleeper and likes to sleep in might be awakened by the noise.

Here is my experience. if it is not directly below the pool you are fine. On our first cruise we were on the Rivera deck which is right below the pool. Yes we did hear them putting the chairs out on the deck in the morning. Never again. We even asked our TA and she said no problem. Since Aloha is 2 decks below the pool I don't think you will have a problem. Never been that close to the elevators

Here is my experience. if it is not directly below the pool you are fine. On our first cruise we were on the Rivera deck which is right below the pool. Yes we did hear them putting the chairs out on the deck in the morning. Never again. We even asked our TA and she said no problem. Since Aloha is 2 decks below the pool I don't think you will have a problem. Never been that close to the elevators

OP is on the Island Princess in October, according to the signature. This ship has no Riviera deck; Aloha deck is deck below the Lido deck.

Hi, we had a similar cabin on the Aloha deck right near the elevator. Really never heard anything...It was fine, close and convenient.

We have had mini's on some ships under the pool area. Wasn't thrilled. Sometimes, too early you could here the movement of the chairs. We are not early risers, but, we became such.

The choice is yours. We were fine w/ a balcony sandwiched between two decks. Perfect for us.

Safe sails.

We have been in a balcony directly below the Lido pool area and had zero noise issues either from chair dragging or from MUTS. Others have complained bitterly so maybe we just got lucky. It was a 15 day cruise and we were very happy with our cabin.

Just got a Princess "upgrade". Not sure about it.. We are on the Aloha deck cabin A420. Center ship but right and I mean right outside the elevators. Also this deck is one deck below the pool. Has anyone experienced this? Will we get the band and all the pool noise on our balcony? And, what about the elevators? Help, I only have 2 days to refuse it...

Brownie9

These are the highest cat due to location on the ship (midship). We have sailed in a reg balcony across from the elevators on Aloha/Riviera deck.

No noise from the elevator or above.

Looking at the deck plan, I see absolutely no problems above you. We still don't know what cabin you had before, but this one seems like a good one. It's nowhere near any pool.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Looking at the deck plan, I see absolutely no problems above you. We still don't know what cabin you had before, but this one seems like a good one. It's nowhere near any pool.

Jim

We just had a guaranteed balcony cabin. lowest level, front of the ship. Which doesn't bother us, we like feeling the rolling of the ship. I have some issues walking and being near the elevators sounded great. Really don't want to be up all night though...

Brownie

Looking at it we are directly under the restrooms and something called Swirls. I assume this is an ice cream bar or something like it. The pool is a little forward and the hot tubs are behind. Maybe it won't be so bad, I don't know, 12 nights.......Hope I don't regret it. Thanks for all your help..

Brownie9

Jim

I agree with this... you are not really that near a pool, and it does not look like there would be any pool chairs above you. It will just be a passageway above you, you should be a little bit forward of the Gents restroom, and most definitely not under swirls. Given the walking issue that you mentioned the location should be good for you.

Happy Cruising!

Looking at it we are directly under the restrooms and something called Swirls. I assume this is an ice cream bar or something like it. The pool is a little forward and the hot tubs are behind. Maybe it won't be so bad, I don't know, 12 nights.......Hope I don't regret it. Thanks for all your help..

Brownie9

If you are under the restroom and the ice cream parlor it is unlikely you will hear a lot of chairs dragging and the midship location is certainly nice.

Thanks everybody! I think we will take the upgrade. Just needed a little reassurance...

Brownie9

I don't think you could get a better outcome from a guaranteed balcony without being bumped up to a mini-suite. (Well, maybe a Caribe balcony would be better, but this sounds like a winner.)

Jim