Tampering with breakfast hang tag

Last week on Oosterdam in Alaska someone tampered with our order by marking 3 extra omelettes, bananas, yogurt and extra juices.

I was surprised when I opened the door and saw the room service waiter struggling with this giant tray..

He showed me the tag and I could see where someone ordered me extra stuff. The waiter said it happened 5 times the previous week.

In the future I am considering using a red pen or something to mark my stuff. But, it has only happened once to me in over 100 days cruising.

Any thoughts or ideas? Has anyone else had this happen?

What will they think of next.

I'm not sure it is your worry.

I think most of the hallways have security cameras.....you're right, if it became too big a deal they could start pulling the videos....

While its not my worry, if I can be helpful to,the staff, I like to try..

Has anyone else had this happen?

Oh, yes. The last night of the second E-dam cruise, several of us in a string of cabins had our hang tags changed---presumably by the kids who had been wreaking havoc up & down the passageway for the previous 10 days.

What a waste of food! Seeing as how the parents refused to reel them in all cruise, I'm not surprised at their last little display.

We were all up in plenty of time to go to the Lido instead, but it was still a shame that so many people worked to put up those orders, deliver them, and clean up afterwards.

Yet another reason I'm anxious for HAL to get with the times and install fully interactive TVs on all their ships. And by fully...I mean being bale to order room service like on some other lines.

I couldn't agree more. One of the nice benefits I enjoy on Celebrity.

Last week on Oosterdam in Alaska someone tampered with our order by marking 3 extra omelettes, bananas, yogurt and extra juices.

Quite lucky... a free breakfast upgrade ... nothing like that ever happens to us :(

Edited by taxmantoo

We get breakfast room service a lot, and never have had this happen. But I do always wonder if it might some day. I think it's awful about the waste of food and for the stewards to have to haul extra trays when things are added to an order. It also would be pretty rotten if the hang tag was removed and no order went in. As we only get room service on the mornings we have an early excursion, and there wouldn't be time to get breakfast in the Lido or MDR.

It is a practical joke begging to be done. My wife and I often chuckle about the possibilities. HAL could easily avoid this altogether with a simple secure drop box, or even just using a sealed envelope, and a form that requires the passenger name as well as the stateroom number.

Just laugh it off and enjoy the omelets and bananas. The wasted food is nothing compared the the 10,000 meals prepared every day.

igraf

Yet another reason I'm anxious for HAL to get with the times and install fully interactive TVs on all their ships. And by fully...I mean being bale to order room service like on some other lines.

What a great step forward that would be. However, I'm not holding my breath, either.

As I remember, though, X has a more limited menu - and no room service on disembarkation day...

Hmmm, that could well be, but I guess I've always found things I liked on both menus and haven't paid much attention to size or variety. I have exactly the same breakfast 9 mornings out of 10 at home, so even a small variety suffices when aboard. :)

Edited by Fouremco

As I remember, though, X has a more limited menu - and no room service on disembarkation day...

As I recall, Celebrity does not offer Breakfast Room Service on disembarkation morning and I do not recall the variety of offerings at all.

I must agree with cruz chick's comments about childish behavior.

No, there is no room service on disembarkation morning. One more reason to love Hal.

As I recall, Celebrity does not offer Breakfast Room Service on disembarkation morning and I do not recall the variety of offerings at all.

I forgot to answer this part of Dakrewser's comment and rkacruiser's follow up. They are, of course, quite right, but this hasn't been an issue as we enjoy a final breakfast aboard in the Ocean View Cafe. We try to be among the last departing the ship and a relaxed breakfast is just part of our routine.

I'm sure that the interactive TVs will absolutely, positively, 100% prevent mischief. After all, no one's ever messed with those systems. Ever.

I forgot to answer this part of Dakrewser's comment and rkacruiser's follow up. They are, of course, quite right, but this hasn't been an issue as we enjoy a final breakfast aboard in the Ocean View Cafe. We try to be among the last departing the ship and a relaxed breakfast is just part of our routine.

While it might not be an issue for you, it might be for some. I'd rather go hungry then eat my last meal in a buffet.

I don't like using the breakfast door hangers. I've not done a solo cruise, but travel a lot for business. I don't like advertising to everyone walking by my door that I am ordering a meal for 1 person and advertising when I expect it to arrive. I prefer to call room service even if it means a longer wait. Even when traveling with DH, I prefer not to use the door hanger, except for days when we have a very early excursion off the ship.

Edited by swin26

I enjoy a breakfast buffet -- as long as there's smoked salmon. In order not to look (too) greedy, I'll make a few (several, many, a lot of) visits, taking a moderate amount each time, and hoping I'm not becoming too familiar a face.