Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

PE is similar and their flagship vessels are there as well.
Yes and no...and that's not their new flagship terminal location where they could choose more than one place to position it.

We've sailed PE plenty of times...and the views leaving are of the mostly-attractive landscaped channel...the harbor folks spent some money to make it that way...it'll be a different experience in Miami if nothing changes, especially for first-time (first impression) cruisers.

Main issue is that a ship of Oasis Class size is not able to go down the channel in Miami and turn around in the turning basin. There are not many options in most ports of the world for such big ships.

Again...that's understandable, but creating a more attractive terminal-surrounding area is quite feasible (and affordable) if that's a goal a goal.

She deserves it.

SY-Dec-01.jpg

The pictures are hard to compare. The area where the ships dock look similar and if you add the nice area and islands north of the channel in Miami to the picture it would look as nice as Fort Lauderdale. Actually sailing out of Miami is longer and more beautiful if you look north and south towards Fisher Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again...that's understandable, but creating a more attractive terminal-surrounding area is quite feasible (and affordable) if that's a goal a goal.

She deserves it.

SY-Dec-01.jpg

Once I crown over that bridge I'm only looking at the ships. Once I get off a shuttle and inside the terminal I'll be happy if its clean and has plenty of seating. I already know what the Miami skyline looks like on sailaway. I'm not real worried about the area around the terminal. If I see signs of shipping/frieght commerce, I won't be too upset.

Port Everglades...

B6784B343F9D5D583C8E7270CEFBE644_46bc976c-f71b-479a-9548-03d8fa9eb3bc.jpg

Port Miami...

T0321PORTMIAMI.jpg?n=828

Quite the contrast...

That is certainly not the view that you get in FLL as the

Allure is docked to the far left. She looks out over a tank field and industrial area with not a tree in sight.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=port+everglades+view+from+allure+of+the+seas&client=safari&hl=en-ca&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiR1NHr08jYAhWnzIMKHQDtDKIQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=666#imgrc=5uMRugRlVFimZM:

Post whoring about the Miami terminal should really be done in its own thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2582060

Keep this one for the ship itself.

Your label is both offensive and inappropriate...quite the surprise coming from a veteran poster.

This thread is about Symphony of the Seas - the new flagship of Royal Caribbean - which will be ported out of Miami.

That is certainly not the view that you get in FLL as the

Allure is docked to the far left. She looks out over a tank field and industrial area with not a tree in sight.

Hmmm....

Guess it depends which way one looks...seems quite green coming into the port and towards the terminal...

port%20ships%20leaving.jpg?itok=4oiPH6dW

port_everglades_terminal_18.jpg

It is about the building of the ship, not the terminal.

That doesn't give anyone the right to throw out name-calling labels as was done.

Like many others...we've followed every one of the Oasis ship building threads to date...you don't own it....and Lloyd does a fantastic job.

But since Symphony will be ported there...it's relevant.

That doesn't give anyone the right to throw out name-calling labels as was done.

Like many others...we've followed every one of the Oasis ship building threads to date...you don't own it....and Lloyd does a fantastic job.

But since Symphony will be ported there...it's relevant.

I'll be happy to talk about it with you to help kill the time till I walk into that terminal and then on to this ship. Something to look forward to!

^ As with any thread, some folks prefer to keep things on topic of the thread.

Biker, who very well understands that many threads go off on tangents and post whoring is normal.

Some people don't mind a latitude in forums and the moderators can decide what is appropriate, not the self appointed ones.

“Symphony will introduce the most cutting-edge, customizable and digitally-enhanced experiences in the Royal Caribbean fleet,” CEO Michael Bagley stated.

Wondering out loud what those will include in more detail...news welcome.

After being on all the other Oasis class ships...we're looking at potential 2019 Symphony bookings this week.

In the meantime - thanks to Lloyd for his photo updates.

This is all I could find about new tech for Symphony at this time:

The latest technological innovations will be integrated throughout Symphony, including a redesigned check-in experience that eliminates lines and bypasses the counter. The new process will use a combination of facial recognition, bar codes and beacons to make boarding easier .

Guests will check-in via the brand’s new mobile app and seamlessly upload their security “selfie” to create their onboard account from the comfort of their home. Upon arrival, guests will go through a security screening and then head straight to their stateroom, where their key will be ready and waiting. In addition to mobile check-in, Symphony will have all of the standard Royal Caribbean technology including fast internet and virtual balconies.

^ the functionality sounds like the Royal IQ app but I have to think they plan to add that to the new RCI app - not much time left to do it.

Biker, who is betting on RCI delaying this when they realize it's not so easy to implement.

Hmmm....

Guess it depends which way one looks...seems quite green coming into the port and towards the terminal...

port%20ships%20leaving.jpg?itok=4oiPH6dW

port_everglades_terminal_18.jpg

Ok, one post your talking about the view from the port the next you change and talk about the view sailing in...let’s try to compare apples to apples.

I’ll definitely agree that it’s a great view sailing out of FLL but the houses and scenery are not the ports doing.

The view IMO from the ship looking out in both cases is industrial and bleak and to me it really doesn’t matter at that point as I’m on the beautiful ship. Besides there’s so few places to view the outside world from on these ships that most people won’t even notice.

I’ll definitely agree that it’s a great view sailing out of FLL but the houses and scenery are not the ports doing.

The view IMO from the ship looking out in both cases is industrial and bleak and to me it really doesn’t matter at that point as I’m on the beautiful ship. Besides there’s so few places to view the outside world from on these ships that most people won’t even notice.

As we all know...and we also agree...there are many port views, depending on where one is located at the time.

The main point was that in comparison, which someone else raised, the Miami port is far more "industrial" as it stands now. With Symphony of the Seas...there will likely be many hundreds (if not thousands) of passengers regularly viewing the departure out of port.

In PE, the webcam highlights the experience.

Perhaps Royal is hopefully considering adding some touches to improve upon the Miami sail-away experience.