No more 2 for 1, now buy 1 get one for $1

vickie_bernie

They don't. and I have never seen one.

In the future? Who knows.

Shame, we got a 700ml bottle of scotch for around $37 (not that cheap but still better than the bar prices) and it was very convenient to have afternoon drinks on the balcony without having to run to the bar all the time.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Yes, our waiter in the Palm dining room offered the second glass of wine as a convenience to me so that I could enjoy the company at our table without being interrupted by signing for a second glass of wine. He felt so bad when I was charged for the second glass. I didn't mention it in the cruise survey, either, because I was concerned that the restaurant manager might be the vindictive type who would take it out on our waiter if he received word that a passenger had left a negative comment. I'm not saying the restaurant manager was, I just wanted to leave it alone.

I understand you wanting to "leave this alone" as not to get the waiter in trouble. It's quite possible the waiter didn't know that you would get charged for the second glass.

In June of 2014, on the Star Princess, my husband and I both had the AIBP and every night at dinner we ordered two Dos Esquis and two glasses of wine. We told our Asst. Waiter, we know we are going to want two, so to save you from making two trips to the bar, can you just bring them both now? She went and checked with someone (probably the restaurant manager) and it was no problem. On a ten-day cruise, we never got charged for the second glass.

It's too bad the policies can't be standard on all of the ships. :(

I understand you wanting to "leave this alone" as not to get the waiter in trouble. It's quite possible the waiter didn't know that you would get charged for the second glass.

In June of 2014, on the Star Princess, my husband and I both had the AIBP and every night at dinner we ordered two Dos Esquis and two glasses of wine. We told our Asst. Waiter, we know we are going to want two, so to save you from making two trips to the bar, can you just bring them both now? She went and checked with someone (probably the restaurant manager) and it was no problem. On a ten-day cruise, we never got charged for the second glass.

It's too bad the policies can't be standard on all of the ships. :(

Thank you for the information. That's very interesting that the restaurant manager of the Star Princess allowed you to order the two wines at once in the MDR, and it shows that the restaurant manager of the Star Princess is of a higher caliber, or at least more caring about passenger enjoyment, than the restaurant manager on the Caribbean Princess. I thought at the time that the real motive of the Caribbean Princess restaurant manager was to milk the AIBP passengers for whatever additional revenue and tips they could squeeze out of them. What greed. You were smart to ask in advance if you could order two drinks at once so that there would be no questions.

While we have enjoyed the elite lounge, there was no "happy hour" on our last cruise. What are the hours for Happy Hour, which bars, and is there a restriction on which drinks (I realize from the previous posts that no bottles of liquor or wine or included). Thanks!!

While we have enjoyed the elite lounge, there was no "happy hour" on our last cruise. What are the hours for Happy Hour, which bars, and is there a restriction on which drinks (I realize from the previous posts that no bottles of liquor or wine or included). Thanks!!

The happy hour on my Regal cruise in April had it daily between 3:00-4:00 at Crooners & 11:00-midnight at Club 6. Others have posted the same times on other ships but the locations may vary.

Happy Hour....is there a restriction on which drinks (I realize from the previous posts that no bottles of liquor or wine or included). Thanks!!

No restriction (other than regular bottles of liquor). Any alcoholic drink or beer or soda or mocktail. The 2nd one for $1 must be the same kind as the first one.

yeah this is what it says on the schedule, but not all ships follow this rule. The Crown is one that allows you to order any of the drinks that are on the schedule no matter what day it is. \

Since we only like a couple of the drinks we go more often on the Crown and enjoy those drinks. If they enforce the rule we only go on the day that features the drink we like.

So we spend a lot more money in the Elite lounge on the Crown. At least 300% more. We went to the lounge six times in seven days last week. Yum wish I was there now :D

Royal was strict too, only allowed us to get the featured drink. We rarely went.

Very good point, Vickie. When we are allowed to order any of the featured drinks in the E/S/P Lounge, I order a Brezza Marina almost every night. When we can't, we rely on our soda stickers and I get a soda water. I simply don't like most of the other drinks, or feel that they really shortchange the alcohol in them (the El Mejor Margarita and the Mojito spring immediately to mind).

We spend at least 300% more too, when afforded the flexibility to drink what we really want.

It's only a dollar:confused:. With what I am paying for my upcoming pre-cruise stay in London and the Iceland-Norway T/A, I'm not going to loose any sleep over shelling out an extra dollar.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

It's only a dollar:confused:. With what I am paying for my upcoming pre-cruise stay in London and the Iceland-Norway T/A, I'm not going to loose any sleep over shelling out an extra dollar.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks, I use your dollar to get my drink then Bob.:p