Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Bob thanks for the updates on the ship. Jak and I will be on her next April heading to Europe. Hope you and Holli enjoy.

Joe

Joe;

Holli & I will personally make sure we take good care of her so she'll be ready to go in April.

Hope all is well and please give our regards to Jak.....:):):)

Bob

Okay, first minor annoyance. I just found out that due to Lido deck cabin cruisers, the treadmills (10-12 of them) cannot be used before 0800. This means if your like me and enjoy an early morning workout, especially on a port day before an excursion, you have the choice of only 4 elliptical and only 3 or 4 stationary bikes. I went there this morning and didn't want to deal with the crowded lines already forming. Obviously not the end of the world, but still somewhat annoying. One other thing I found out last night is after we left port, I could not get a wifi signal in my cabin or veranda (A751). In port both worked fine. Funny thing was as soon as I stepped outside the cabin door I got a full signal. Oh well.

Take Care.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hi Bob, sounds like a great time so far!

Can you post the officers/staff on the front of the embarkation day patter if you get the chance?

Thanks in advance. :)

Will do sir. Since I cannot work out for another hour or so:D, I'm headed back to my cabin to grab yesterday's patter. I got a ton of Internet minutes to burn through. Oh and one more plesent surprise regarding the internet minutes. Yesterday when I went to sign up they offered, I'm assuming due to my Platinum status, not only the free 250, but 500 minutes for only 75.00. Not a bad deal if you ask me.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Here are the Ship’s Officers:

Captain – Giorgio Pomata

Staff Captain – Johnathan Baraanski

Chief Engineer – Hugh Baldwin

Hotel General Manager – Peter Hollinson

Cruise Director – Paul Chandler Burns

Senior Doctor – Varushka Bachan

Customer Services Director – Carla Ramos

Staff Engineer Officer – Fabrizo Presenti

Staff Electro-technical Officer – Nelson Riberio

Executive Housekeeper – Lorena Ferrini

Executive Chef – Antonio Cereda

Maître d’Hotel – Angelo Balbiani

Environmental Officer – Ivaylo Romanov

Bob

One other thing I found out last night is after we left port, I could not get a wifi signal in my cabin or veranda (A751). In port both worked fine. Funny thing was as soon as I stepped outside the cabin door I got a full signal. Oh well.

If you prop your cabin door open to the hallway using the trash pail, you should be able to get a good signal again in the cabin.

Oh and one more pleasent surprise regarding the internet minutes. Yesterday when I went to sign up they offered, I'm assuming due to my Platinum status, not only the free 250, but 500 minutes for only 75.00. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

When you sign up for the free minutes, they will give you the option of buying the next size package at a good rate.

This only happens when you first sign up for your free minutes. If you want to get the bargain price for more minutes later it will not be available.

Good afternoon from the Caribbean Princess. We just got done with our very well attended meet & greet. It was great to finally put faces to names of fellow roll members we had gotten to know over the last 18 months. One slight drawback was the seas were quite rough during the event. They continue to be rough as I am posting this. Getting ready to o try on my rental tux to ensure it fits

More later.....:):):)

Bob

Will do sir. Since I cannot work out for another hour or so:D, I'm headed back to my cabin to grab yesterday's patter. I got a ton of Internet minutes to burn through. Oh and one more plesent surprise regarding the internet minutes. Yesterday when I went to sign up they offered, I'm assuming due to my Platinum status, not only the free 250, but 500 minutes for only 75.00. Not a bad deal if you ask me.....:):):)

Bob

That is a TOTAL of 500 minutes (your 250 free plus another 250).

Okay, first minor annoyance. I just found out that due to Lido deck cabin cruisers, the treadmills (10-12 of them) cannot be used before 0800. This means if your like me and enjoy an early morning workout, especially on a port day before an excursion, you have the choice of only 4 elliptical and only 3 or 4 stationary bikes. I went there this morning and didn't want to deal with the crowded lines already forming. Obviously not the end of the world, but still somewhat annoying. One other thing I found out last night is after we left port, I could not get a wifi signal in my cabin or veranda (A751). In port both worked fine. Funny thing was as soon as I stepped outside the cabin door I got a full signal. Oh well.

Take Care.....

Bob

Well since the signal is good outside the door try propping the door open a tad. That usually does it. ;)

Captain – Giorgio Pomata

Bob

Grazie mille. ;)

Captain – Giorgio Pomata

Bob

Wow, the entire staff, with the exception of Angelo, the Maitre d'Hotel changed since last month when I was on the CB

Seems like several of us who are on the December Princess Anniversary cruise are following you along on this adventure.

Relax and enjoy.

Edited by cruisin'low

Good afternoon from the Caribbean Princess. We just got done with our very well attended meet & greet. It was great to finally put faces to names of fellow roll members we had gotten to know over the last 18 months. One slight drawback was the seas were quite rough during the event. They continue to be rough as I am posting this. Getting ready to o try on my rental tux to ensure it fits

More later.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, please say hi to everyone for me

Have a great cruise !!

Looks like you are off to a great cruise Bob. We did this northern route on the Crown back in 2009. It is a great way to get across the Atlantic. But the weather is often hit an miss. Hope you get some smoother seas. I also hope you get to see the northern lights.

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. It’s just before midnight in the North Sea as we head towards Bergen Norway. Today was rather interesting to say the least. First off, the seas were quite rough all day today. Right now they are still rough but not as bad as earlier. The weather was also cold and very windy. The weather issues are going to make us about two hours late getting into Bergen. The Captain announced earlier today about our late arrival and stated it was a combination of the later departure from Southampton combined with the rough seas. The rough seas caused the closure of the promenade deck for the entire day. The rough seas also caused the cancellation of the Champagne Waterfall in the Piazza

Now here’s the interesting stuff that happened to me today. Earlier today I was taking some pictures from our balcony during the rough seas. At one point I went to snap a via our shot off when there was an unexpected hard roll bottoming out of the aft portion of the ship. This movement caused my camera to strike my glasses and knock the right lens out that subsequently went sailing out to sea. So for now I’m kinda at a dis advantage in that my right eye is out of commission when it comes to reading.

The other interesting thing that happened to me today was sort of a comedy of errors. To start off with the story, yesterday Holli and I hit the shops as soon as they opened after we departed from I got all dressed up for formal night and went too Crooners for a martini. After finishing my drink, I looked at my watch and it said 1950 hours so I headed back to the cabin to join up with Holli so we could head off to our assigned table at the late seating tradition dinner in the Palm dining room. When I got to the elevator I looked at the clock on the wall and it said it was almost 2100 hours. I then immediately realized that I had forgot to set my watch ahead one hour. Needless to say we missed dinner and instead had a nice dinner in Sabatiinis.

We also attended our Meet and Greet today. It was a great turn out and fun to finally put faces too name of people we had gotten to know via the roll call thread.

Tomorrow in Bergen, we don’t have much planned. We might get some Hop On/Off tickets and take a self-paced tour of the town.

That's All For Now.....:):):)

Bob

Now here’s the interesting stuff that happened to me today. Earlier today I was taking some pictures from our balcony during the rough seas. At one point I went to snap a via our shot off when there was an unexpected hard roll bottoming out of the aft portion of the ship. This movement caused my camera to strike my glasses and knock the right lens out that subsequently went sailing out to sea. So for now I’m kinda at a dis advantage in that my right eye is out of commission when it comes to reading.

Tomorrow in Bergen, we don’t have much planned. We might get some Hop On/Off tickets and take a self-paced tour of the town.

Bob

BOB: I went back to look at my LIVE from this same ship in 2012. Mike had a lens problem too, though his didn't disappear. Anyhow, the optical shop is in a building, so ask someone on the street. Here is the excerpt of what I wrote:

Bus dropped us at Festplassen (City Park) and with a map we proceeded to the town area. Our direction of course was in finding an optical shop, which by asking a street vendor, found almost immediately in a shopping mall.

Also, when we were on there were 20 treadmills and only 6 were non operational before 8:00 AM. If you can't use any one them, I suppose they changed their rules.

Bob

Bob, be sure to visit the fish market in Bergen. They have some wonderful stuff there for lunch. Fairly expensive, but everything in Norway seems to be. :eek:

If the weather is good, take a ride up The Floyen funicular.....the view from the top (in good weather!) is wonderful. There is a place for refreshments and, if you are a walker/hiker, the walk back to town is great fun and will take you through an interesting route. Visit the Fish Market at the dock....great salmon sandwiches ( that use to be much bigger when I was a student there).....Bergen is a fun stop.