Passenger trouble in the QOTS

FIRELT5

I would think in most cases a complete itinerary change would result in some compensation being refunded back to passengers. $7200 US is alot of money for 3 passengers to pay and have their entire cruise experience changed just before sailing. I'm sure RCI would work with US based passengers if something like this happened here.

I would think in most cases a complete itinerary change would result in some compensation being refunded back to passengers. $7200 US is alot of money for 3 passengers to pay and have their entire cruise experience changed just before sailing. I'm sure RCI would work with US based passengers if something like this happened here.

Eastern are changed to Westerns and vice versa here because of hurricanes/tropical storms and there is not much if any compensation for that. It's in the cruise contract that itineraries may be changed by the cruiseline at any time if conditions warrant.

I guarantee you if they had sailed into those storms and the ship had been tossed and turned every which way, they would be complaining about that just as loudly.

I understand that missing the ports you had originally booked would be upsetting to some. However, if the switch was made to safeguard the passengers and the ship itself, I think the passengers should be a bit more understanding. Would they have preferred to sail into a hurricane? Can you imagine the outcry then about how RCI put them in danger?

It is in the T&C that itinerary subject to change due to inclement weather. Any compensation, if any, should be accepted as a goodwill gesture.

One on hand, I'm tempted to use the cliche, "Nothing amaze me anymore" But 300 people? That amazes me. Must have been a mob madness type of situation.

Maybe if the Chinese economy tanks, they will bring her back her, or even the Med.

Edited by BillOh

Jeez....... we just got home on Sunday and paid nearly £8,000 for three of us to do 4 days in Orlando and flights Edinburgh/New York/Florida/Miami/Puerto Rico to sail Adventure of the Seas, which was ''supposed'' to visit St Maarten, St Lucia, St Kitts Barbados and Antigua..

we had a complete itinerary change due to storm Danny then storm Erika,

We ended up doing St Maarten, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao

we were offered nothing for free, no lobster or wifi, not even a drink, never heard anyone complain, you can't fix mother nature !!!

and we had an absolute ball

wendy

x

Jeez....... we just got home on Sunday and paid nearly £8,000 for three of us to do 4 days in Orlando and flights Edinburgh/New York/Florida/Miami/Puerto Rico to sail Adventure of the Seas, which was ''supposed'' to visit St Maarten, St Lucia, St Kitts Barbados and Antigua..

we had a complete itinerary change due to storm Danny then storm Erika,

We ended up doing St Maarten, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao

we were offered nothing for free, no lobster or wifi, not even a drink, never heard anyone complain, you can't fix mother nature !!!

and we had an absolute ball

wendy

x

The wifi I can see for people needing to reschedule/research excursions new ports. I'd hate to work in, or stand in line at the Explorations Desk for a cruise like that.

Hahaha, the stories of the Chinese being bad tourists/ cruisers continues. When I read the headline, I honestly thought that people had such a great time that they refused to leave the ship, similar to what I want to do whenever my cruises come to an end.

Refusing to leave for a frivolous reason like change in itinerary due to weather conditions is absurd. The passengers and ships safety is paramount. While people are bound to be disappointed, surely this behavior is not justified.