Michaels Club Concierge

CHEZMARYLOU

I hear that they will get you anything within reason (wine wise) -- does that mean even something above the cost of a premium package? I just don't know what to ask for if and when they call and when we get on board.

I don't think they will get you anything within reason...or I guess that depends on the definition of within reason? I'd say that's defined as generally in the $13/glass range. Perhaps can be stretched to any wine on the ship served by the glass -- if so, that would include the $19 Freemark Abbey Cab or the Robert Foley Pinot...I'm not sure you can get those.

I don't think they will get you anything within reason...

From my experience of the fabulous staff at Michaels on Reflection and Equinox I would be very surprised to hear of them NOT fetching any drink if it was available on board regardless of price :cool:

From my experience of the fabulous staff at Michaels on Reflection and Equinox I would be very surprised to hear of them NOT fetching any drink if it was available on board regardless of price :cool:

Although I agree entirely with your statement about the fabulous MC staff, I think they might politely turn down a request for a glass of Screaming Eagle Cab Sauvignon. ;) :D

Although I agree entirely with your statement about the fabulous MC staff, I think they might politely turn down a request for a glass of Screaming Eagle Cab Sauvignon. ;) :D

Maybe not so pricey a bottle but I have seen them happily pour glasses of Tait or vintage Moet:cool:

Remember the general concept of tipping. What would you tip in a restaurant if the service was not what you expected? Many of us tip regardless of level of service which has its own issues, and others tip based on the experience. If you, like the rest of us, fit into one of these categories, then tip what you feel is appropriate. Don't let the rest of us determine what you should do. Go with your gut feeling. That's the right decision.

When we were on Silhouette in April we tipped the MC bar server along the way and also tipped him a token amount at the end. Our MC Concierge (Anca) was exceptional and we tipped her because she was so attentive.

I only mention this as a guide and not as a requirement. Remember, listen to you "gut." It tends to give us the best answers most of the time.

Randy

That's my point, I tip for good service, not for bad. Was just wondering about the protocol of tipping the Concierge in Michaels.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Looking forward to the answer as well. I don't want to undertip but also don't want to over tip. We asked once about tipping the Captain's Club Hostess because she went over and beyond and we were told she was staff and no tipping Is that the same with the MC concierge? This will be our first time using Michael's on our upcoming cruise.

So many questions! I hear that they will get you anything within reason (wine wise) -- does that mean even something above the cost of a premium package? I just don't know what to ask for if and when they call and when we get on board.

We always tip the Michael's club host/ess and bar tenders who provide excellent service if we are in a Celebrity Suite. In addition, like you we have always tipped the Captain's club Host if we have excellent service. On a couple of cruises, we have had CC Host(ess) who weren't really good and would hang with one or two couples and not schmooze with all guests. Those people were not tipped by us. We have also tipped the wait staff in the CC lounge. We have had a few who new us, and would bring us drinks and canapes as soon as they saw us. I believe that those people work very hard and deserve to be rewarded for excellent service.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On a couple of cruises, we have had CC Host(ess) who weren't really good and would hang with one or two couples and not schmooze with all guests. Those people were not tipped by us. .

We've experienced that too and mentioned it in our comments. We might have one of these hostess on our upcoming cruise so will be interested in seeing if there is a change in attitude, especially given the demographics of this cruise. Looking forward though to reconnecting with the CC host that we were told will be onboard.

If you have a favorite drink let the MC Concierge know your preference in advance. They will try to get it stocked in Michael's Club. Remember, it is most likely that the bartender will leave MC to find your drink. In many cases there is only one bartender on duty and other guests may have quite a wait before he returns. Doesn't make for a pleasant situation.

If you have a favorite drink let the MC Concierge know your preference in advance. They will try to get it stocked in Michael's Club. Remember, it is most likely that the bartender will leave MC to find your drink. In many cases there is only one bartender on duty and other guests may have quite a wait before he returns. Doesn't make for a pleasant situation.

That's interesting advice.....as much as we liked the MC Concierge he never once contacted us prior to the cruise OR asked us about drinks or any other of our preferences on embarkation. The bartender, on the other hand, came to us immediately and asked us what our preferred drinks would be when we were there and she made sure they were ALWAYS available for the 16 nights we were there. Again, the concierge was very nice and personable but he was very busy with a select few people. We were very happy with the bartender, and we love Michael's Club, can't wait for our next cruise on X where we will be lucky enough to enjoy it again.

Edited by Gracie115

That's interesting advice.....as much as we liked the MC Concierge he never once contacted us prior to the cruise OR asked us about drinks or any other of our preferences on embarkation. The bartender, on the other hand, came to us immediately and asked us what our preferred drinks would be when we were there and she made sure they were ALWAYS available for the 16 nights we were there. Again, the concierge was very nice and personable but he was very busy with a select few people. We were very happy with the bartender, and we love Michael's Club, can't wait for our next cruise on X where we will be lucky enough to enjoy it again.

The MC Concierge can get quite busy and some contacts may have fallen through the cracks. Celebrity has changed their contact process. Now a land based Concierge based in Kansas City sends an email to those who may use Michael's Club and forwards specific requests to the MCC on the ship. I received an email last week for the Connie TA. Have not received the email for my earlier Silhouette cruise, but it will come in due time. I would call Celebrity if not contacted two weeks prior to cruise.

We absolutely tipped the tenders, but now i feel like a heel for not tipping Concierge Lucy on the Millie a week ago. She did as much as anyone for us, was available for anything. But, I guess that I assumed hers wouldn't necessarily be a tipped position in the vein of a personal butler, room attendant, or bar tender. I assumed that tipping her would be like tipping an officer - not really done.

I did speak of her as highly as possible without being weird on our questionnaire from Celebrity. I home that means something to her in the long run.

We absolutely tipped the tenders, but now i feel like a heel for not tipping Concierge Lucy on the Millie a week ago. She did as much as anyone for us, was available for anything. But, I guess that I assumed hers wouldn't necessarily be a tipped position in the vein of a personal butler, room attendant, or bar tender. I assumed that tipping her would be like tipping an officer - not really done.

I did speak of her as highly as possible without being weird on our questionnaire from Celebrity. I home that means something to her in the long run.

Lucy is just a wonderful person who loves to help others. She was selected to help open Michael's Clubs on all the ships.

I've never found myself in an "unpleasant situation" when the bartender was on a mission to find a guest's favorite libation and I had to wait a few minutes. The other servers in attendance never failed to offer to get me a drink while I was waiting. And even with advance planning and advising the Concierge of your favorite drink so that they have it stocked in advance, I found that there were times when they ran out due to popular demand and the bartender had to go on a search mission anyway. Things happen sometimes. The personnel in MC go above and beyond to keep us happy, and I've not been disaointed yet. :)

The MC Concierge can get quite busy and some contacts may have fallen through the cracks. Celebrity has changed their contact process. Now a land based Concierge based in Kansas City sends an email to those who may use Michael's Club and forwards specific requests to the MCC on the ship. I received an email last week for the Connie TA. Have not received the email for my earlier Silhouette cruise, but it will come in due time. I would call Celebrity if not contacted two weeks prior to cruise.

Charles - You were contacted 2 MONTHS before the cruise? We have two on the Infinity next month (before AND after the drydock) and have heard nothing. Tom

I am afraid that was not our experience on the Eclipse in March. I don't know if it was because the bar person was demob happy as she went on holiday at the end of the cruise but if it wasn't in her bar she didn't go and get it. I heard on a number of times her saying that a drink is not stocked ion this bar.

We will see if it is any different at the end of the month when we return.

I am afraid that was not our experience on the Eclipse in March. I don't know if it was because the bar person was demob happy as she went on holiday at the end of the cruise but if it wasn't in her bar she didn't go and get it. I heard on a number of times her saying that a drink is not stocked ion this bar.

We will see if it is any different at the end of the month when we return.

We were there when her replacement took over as she explained she was "replacing" someone temporarily. Selvy was wonderful...could not have been more accommodating.....I hope she has been permanently promoted to this role, she made Michael's so much better and I KNOW there were many on the TA that would agree with me.....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The MC staff on Solstice are amazing!

Jole, the concierge, is a gem and a real asset to Celebrity Cruises. I did tip her, she was gracious and grateful.

I also tipped Helen, the MC server that served me cappuccino every day with a smile.

Love Celebrity and looking forward to my birthday cruise in July 2016 on the Summit!

Since this is our first cruise, and we'll be staying in a Royal Suite, would like to clarify some things. We like to tip well when appropriate service is provided, but I'm a little confused from the various posts on this and other sites. We have the paid gratuities promotion, but understand additional tips are given when good or above the norm service is provided. Are the amounts mentioned for the MC Concierge and others above the amount of gratuities added to our accounts and covered by the promotion?

Also, someone mentioned tipping the people at the tenders, which hasn't been mentioned in other posts on this subject. Is this the norm, and what is the general tip amount? Is this done each way on the tender?