Potential first time princess cruiser/Q's re: pricing & sales

Scrappygrrl

Hi all -

I'm a somewhat seasoned cruiser on NCL and DCL. Considering the Nov 3rd cruise on Regal Princess.

Looking at pricing - it looks like princess is not offering ton of sales right now, or "free" gratuity/drinks like some of the other lines? (Some sales on certain cruises but not this one).

Does Princess tend to drop prices as the cruise gets closer like other lines sometimes do, assuming the ship/cruise is not in high demand (first week of November tends to be a slower time, if previous experience is correct)?

Free drinks - is it just water/lemonade/tea/coffee like other lines, or do they include soft drinks at all?

Thanks so much!

A

Hi all -

I'm a somewhat seasoned cruiser on NCL and DCL. Considering the Nov 3rd cruise on Regal Princess.

Looking at pricing - it looks like princess is not offering ton of sales right now, or "free" gratuity/drinks like some of the other lines? (Some sales on certain cruises but not this one).

Does Princess tend to drop prices as the cruise gets closer like other lines sometimes do, assuming the ship/cruise is not in high demand (first week of November tends to be a slower time, if previous experience is correct)?

Free drinks - is it just water/lemonade/tea/coffee like other lines, or do they include soft drinks at all?

Thanks so much!

A

No promos on the Nov 3rd cruise now. Probably because it is already inside the 75 day final payment time. When ships are not full there can be some last min pricing, you would have to check with a T.A.

If by free drinks you mean a promo that includes the All Inclusive Beverage Package, then that includes all beverages alcoholic and non alcoholic priced $10 and under, excluding room service. If you mean what is free on the ship, they have free coffee and tea all the time in the buffet as well as in the DR's. Jucies, lemonade, ice tea in the buffet and DR's. There is a charge for sodas & bottled water. Unlimited fountain soda is available if you purchase the soda sticker @ $5.18/pp/day or $25.90 for your 5 day cruise. Purchase on board. Look here for details: http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Princess prices seem to bounce up and down a lot, often for no reason I can figure.

The cruise you're looking at could change prices three times in a week or not at all. But it looks like you can get a balcony for not much over $100 a night, so I'd be surprised to see it go much lower. It seems like a respectable value as it is.

Jim

Hi all -

Thanks so much!

A

Your sailing currently has a SALE , Rate Code RDH with Balconies starting @ $579p/p + tax. Pretty good deal while it lasts.

Lower categories sold out on this Sale.

Waiting may get you a FLASH rate closer in , that you won't see online . Your TA will see them.

No promos on the Nov 3rd cruise now. Probably because it is already inside the 75 day final payment time. When ships are not full there can be some last min pricing, you would have to check with a T.A.

If by free drinks you mean a promo that includes the All Inclusive Beverage Package, then that includes all beverages alcoholic and non alcoholic priced $10 and under, excluding room service. If you mean what is free on the ship, they have free coffee and tea all the time in the buffet as well as in the DR's. Jucies, lemonade, ice tea in the buffet and DR's. There is a charge for sodas & bottled water. Unlimited fountain soda is available if you purchase the soda sticker @ $5.18/pp/day or $25.90 for your 5 day cruise. Purchase on board. Look here for details: http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Juices only included at breakfast. There is a charge at other times.

Princess cruises tend to sell out so waiting is a crap shoot as you may end up with no choice.

As far as a sale with the free beverage package as stated its a little too close to sailing now. Not sure that it was ever available on the cruise you are interested in in the first place.

As you said they do drop prices as the date gets closer if they have too many cabins available.

You just have to watch everyday for changes.

Juices only included at breakfast. There is a charge at other times.

Except for kids on their menu. OR you can order more than one glass of juice from the breakfast room service menu and keep it (them) in your refrigerator to drink later.

Edited by shredie

You never know with pricing. It all depends on supply and demand. My November cruise is literally twice as much if I booked now vs. a few months ago.

Unlike the other lines you've mentioned, Princess allows TAs to discount fares so you can often save 10-20% although this close to sailing and if it's after final payment, a discount would be minimal.

We are booked on the Nov 3 Regal sailing...final payment date was just yesterday...but there are still many staterooms available so am watching to see if there are price drops....hoping I can get an upgrade to a balcony for my sister in law is in an inside cabin now....... this is our 1st Princess sailing so have no idea if this is something I can really expect to happen or not!!!

We are booked on the Nov 3 Regal sailing...final payment date was just yesterday...but there are still many staterooms available so am watching to see if there are price drops....hoping I can get an upgrade to a balcony for my sister in law is in an inside cabin now....... this is our 1st Princess sailing so have no idea if this is something I can really expect to happen or not!!!

Any price drops will likely be for new bookings only.

Any price drops will likely be for new bookings only.

So if I have an inside booked for $400 and a balcony comes open for $500 I can't upgrade to that? I know you can do that on X & Royal, didn't realize you couldn't on Princess.....hope that's not true...

We are booked on the Nov 3 Regal sailing...hoping I can get an upgrade to a balcony for my sister in law is in an inside cabin now...this is our 1st Princess sailing so have no idea if this is something I can really expect to happen or not!!!

These days you are far more likely to get an upsell offer than a free "meta" upgrade on Princess (from one cabin type to the next). They often work out to being a better deal than if you cancel (with penalty at this point) and rebook. There is no guarantee you will be offered one, however.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

So if I have an inside booked for $400 and a balcony comes open for $500 I can't upgrade to that? I know you can do that on X & Royal, didn't realize you couldn't on Princess.....hope that's not true...

There have been mixed reports posted about that.

Some say they have been able to accomplish what you would like.

Others have said they had to pay the difference between what they originally paid for the inside and what the balcony cost when they booked.