Live streaming, sunday september 13th, farwell Ms Ryndam

Alphen

At this moment, Ms Ryndam is moored in Rotterdam, final visit before starting her journey towards her new owners down under.

http://www.virtualvisit.nl/webcam/index.htm

We were fortunate to sail here just a little over a month ago and are sad to see her go.

Bon Voyage!

All credits to beautifull images provided by "foto Paul Martens"!@

Edited by Alphen

Thanks for the link; it will possibly be my last look at this ship.

I've had a lot of fun on the Ryndam over the years, and am very sorry that I didn't get one last chance to sail her, knowing it would be the last time.

I was even a Ms. Ryndam once! That was a kick.

Thanks for the link; it will possibly be my last look at this ship.

I've had a lot of fun on the Ryndam over the years, and am very sorry that I didn't get one last chance to sail her, knowing it would be the last time.

I was even a Ms. Ryndam once! That was a kick.

For us it was the first and unfortunately the last time, when we sailed her in the first two weeks of august 2015.

We liked her very much, the way the ship was laid out, but also the crew and in general the whole feeling.

She will depart in a little over half an hour!

:(

A little sad to see her leave the fleet but hopefully going on to a great and long "second life". The Ryndam was my first real cruise in January 1995 when she was still pretty new and shiny. Three years later in 1998 she was our honeymoon cruise. She'll always have a special place in our hearts and memories.

Edited by Randyk47

Hope she has a great life down under. Anybody have any idea when her replacement is joining the fleet?

Allan

At this point HAL isn't replacing the Ryndam and also departing Statendam on exactly a one-to-one basis and certainly not with a same sized ship. The new Koningsdam comes to the fleet in April next year but she's almost twice the passenger capacity. We've already kind of already wandered away from HAL for a number of reasons but certainly one of them was the trend to bigger ships. No encouraging for us but that's not to say HAL or the bigger ships aren't nice just not our preference.

We really enjoyed the 2l day cruise we did on her 3 years ago...so much so that we booked her again last winter...only to buy a new home in January. ..so we were only able to do a quick 7 day on the NA. Her replacement out of Tampa is the veendam. ..my least favorite ship...so, I'll pass.

Sorry to see ryndam leave the fleet.

I do have a lot of memories on the Ryndam, I will definitely miss that lovely ship. Sorry to see her go. I made some long lasting friendship on that lovely ship, I meet a nice and lovely couple from Seattle, and I still keep in touch with them to this day.

David

Edited by luvtwotrvl

Our first cruise was with a Louis Rukeyser organized event on the Ryndam in the fall of 2000. Lou had many of his weekly guest on board for seminars and everyone was eagerly watching the counting of the chads as the Presidential election outcome had not been determined by Thanksgiving. This was our introduction to cruising and we have enjoyed each and every one since. We met up with her again in a 2006 Alaska cruise. Now we will say good bye in Singapore.