Teen Curfew?

conandrob240

It's not but all they need to do is swipe it ☺

And I won't tell her

Actually its easier than that.

Anyone under 21 their seapass card has what looks llike a group of kids profiles on it very faded but you can see it. (instead of the solid background).

I found this out the first time we sailed RCI, my DD (nothing gets by her) noticed the differrence between her sea pass and mine.

So one quick look and they can tell.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Anyone under 21 their seapass card has what looks llike a group of kids profiles on it very faded but you can see it. (instead of the solid background).

I found this out the first time we sailed RCI, my DD (nothing gets by her) noticed the differrence between her sea pass and mine.

Sea Ya

You are so right. . I had forgotten about that. .been a while since I've sailed with royal ☺

The kids' seapasses use to have the holes punched in them as an age code. The current system has the hologram background of children.

And even if the young adult is 18 or over, security may still stop the young adult from entering an adult only show unless a parent is there to vouch for them. I needed to vouch for my daughter several times when she was in the 18-22 range.

Sea Ya

Yep! You're 100% right. It's the first thing DD commented on this past July when she was handed her boarding card ... she'd hit 21 a few months earlier and she was delighted to get her first "Adult" card with no background images.

And I'm afraid I'm in the stogy group that agrees with the 1 a.m. curfew. DD didn't like it when she was that age (but the grumbling stopped after the first few nights). And it's not like their friends are still out partying ... they also have to call it a night. That way they can get some sleep and re-connect in the morning ... not much of a hardship.

It's not but all they need to do is swipe it ☺

And I won't tell her

There is a code on the cards - I want to say an M somewhere for "minor". I know one of my friends on the Radiance with me this summer had a card coded wrong - hers was coded "minor" and even though she is well over 21 much less 18, she was unable to buy drinks until she got it corrected.

You are right- it may not be the right cruise line for us. That was sort of my point. I did not know about this ridiculous curfew until a few days ago. I already switched from NCL BA to Anthem and made final payment. I hope it wasn't a bad choice. I also don't like the few posts that said ship was dead after midnight/1am- BA was sort of a mini- NYC , "never sleeps". It was high energy. There was quite a bit I didn't like there but the lively part was awesome. Teen had the time of his life- still texts that group of teens every single day. And, yes, those terrible teens stayed up very late (the horror!). I think most in here forgot what it's like to be a teen.

We, as parents, should get to decide our teens curfew. Not the cruise line we paid $1000s to. If you want yours home at 1am and that works for you, great. I don't have that rule and should be allowed to decide for myself.

Until the rules are changed it is what it is.

I guess I'm kind of old-fashioned. I think our job as parents is to teach our children how to obey rules. Their employers will thank them when they show up on time. If you start teaching your kids that rules are made to be broken if they don't agree wirh them, they're just not going to make really good adults.

The way we got around the rules if our kids wanted to stay up later than 2 was we were with them. We were a distance from them so they didn't feel like we were encroaching on their social life but we were close enough that if security came we could say yes they are with us

You are right- it may not be the right cruise line for us. That was sort of my point. I did not know about this ridiculous curfew until a few days ago. I already switched from NCL BA to Anthem and made final payment. I hope it wasn't a bad choice. I also don't like the few posts that said ship was dead after midnight/1am- BA was sort of a mini- NYC , "never sleeps". It was high energy. There was quite a bit I didn't like there but the lively part was awesome. Teen had the time of his life- still texts that group of teens every single day. And, yes, those terrible teens stayed up very late (the horror!). I think most in here forgot what it's like to be a teen.

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. It's not like the rule only applies to your kid.

We, as parents, should get to decide our teens curfew. Not the cruise line we paid $1000s to. If you want yours home at 1am and that works for you, great. I don't have that rule and should be allowed to decide for myself.

It's not your ship. ;)

I wanted to know what happened in practice not what's printed. Sounds very inconsistent. I paid a lot of $ for a cruise and my teen paid a full adult fare. I find it ridiculous that if he and some new friends want to sit getting pizza and talking at 2M that they can't do it. If they don't want them roaming around, they should give them a place they can go. What teen goes to sleep at 1am?!? They are nocturnal creatures! LOL

and very few people agree with that sentiment.

they DO have a place: the teen area. sorry that you feel that some poor cruise employee should be forced to stay up past 1 am to supervise. but that area does need to be cleaned nightly so again would you deprive someone the ability to do their job.

I sure as hell never stayed up that late as a teenager. also, when I became part of a group that was not my 'normal' complement of friends I certainly did things I would not ordinarily have done.

2 am is when the crew needs to do all that cleaning and straightening of the public ares so as to not disturb the passengers.

I

You never stayed up all night as a teen? How soon we forget...

not if you do not count cramming for finals.

talk about the exact opposite of helicopter parenting.....

you honestly think that 1 am is too early?!

i can count in one finger the number of group teen conversations that I ever had that was quiet and non rowdy.. 6 of us at the Mcdonald's I worked at. we discussed death.

all others we were loud boisterous and full of shrieking laughter.

I was one that had mentioned about the ship being dead at night. We were on the Navigator toward the end of August out of Texas, so not the same ship that you will be on. There did not seem to be many kids on our cruise. There did, though, seem to be many elderly so your cruise may be totally different than ours. It was a fabulous cruise overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info Stormy15. That makes me feel better.

Yes, I think 1am is too early. You should do what you want as parents and not judge anyone for doing it differently. I asked a question and got some good answers so thank you. As for the judgers- zip it and parent how you want.

It's not about YOU doing what you want it's biding by the rules set out.

I don't want teenagers hanging around all day and night . And before you tell me to zip it. .charming.. I have 2 teenagers and they have a kids club..

If you want to do what you want hire a private yacht.

It seems you've come on here to moan about a rule you can do nothing about .

Royal caribbean is a great place for children you will have a great time ☺

Edited by Iron-Maiden's-No1-Fan

I meant in general- don't judge other parents- should be a cardinal rule. I will be available every night to sit with him and his new friends if they want to eat pizza and stay out past 1am. No rules being broken....

I believe you can do this..if they are with parents then it is fine.

Now, I will also say that they emphasized the 1 AM curfew in every Cruise Compass we received. I was actually surprised by that. We didn't have anyone that age with us, but we actually talked about it because it did stand out to us. Have a wonderful cruise!

Yes, I think 1am is too early. You should do what you want as parents and not judge anyone for doing it differently. I asked a question and got some good answers so thank you. As for the judgers- zip it and parent how you want.

NOT YOUR CALL. it is the CRUISELINE'S call. if you don't like the rules in place then choose another company that is more in line with your overly permissive attitude.

do what you want as parents?! to hell with what the majority thinks or considers acceptable behavior?!

this is no different that declaring your choice to not immunize your kids as none of anyone else's beeswax even if that chocie puts other people's kids in danger. YOUR RIGHTS DO NOT SUPERSEDE EVERYONE ELSE'S right to enjoy their cruise as they see fit..

based on your comments I am once again reminded that NCL is never a line I would be happy on.

Just so I understand. You didn't like the question and that one person thinks it's ok for her teen to hang out eating pizza until 2am, so you've made a sweeping judgement and ruled out an entire cruise line? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. LOL

Just noticed you also posted this same topic previously on Countdown to Quantum. What happened? You couldn't get enough argument over there?