State room codes : help please

123linz123

I am trying to understand the different categories and codes.

I have a guarantee Veranda. ( Yes I realize I can't choose)

I'm curious about their coding

For instance, below is 2B with 2 different descriptions.

Why are both 1 and 2 both veranda rooms?

2b.gif

1a.gif

2a.gif

Deluxe Ocean View Strm Veranda

2b.gif

Deluxe Ocean View Access Strm

I've never had a problem understanding other cruise line web sites, but I'm not 'getting' this info.

Thank you

Category differences within the veranda category largely reflect location. A 1A is a more preferred location than a 2C. All are color coded on the deck plan so that you can easily see where each categrory is located.

I think the two different 2B descriptions may be that one is a regular 2B room and the other is a handicapped accessible room. Which is also a 2B for pricing purposes but with different accomodations to handle a wheelchair/scooter, etc.

Just my guess and I could be totally off.

Within a number of categories, there are handicap accessible cabins. They may be a 2A or 2B, but they may code accessible cabins differently to make them easier to find on deck plans.

Seriously, don't get so ferklempt about all the differences. Just decide what your budget is, and pick the cabin you want within your budget.

Standard veranda cabins, from the 'least desirable' to the most, are 2D, 2C (both of these have some obstruction and are located on Deck 6), 2B, 2A, 1C, 1B, and 1A (the latter having the larger slanted balconies). Other than location (forward, aft, and deck) the cabins are identical inside, except for those that are handicapped accessible, which accounts for the slightly different coloring--if you look on the deck plans, the accessible cabins are also shown larger.

So just pick by price and desired location--there will generally be a slight pricing difference as you go up in category.

Does that help?

OP,

If you are from the US or Canada you do have the option of switching cabins if available under the guarantee pricing. You can search for a cabin in the same class you have booked as a guarantee or you can offer $$$ to upgrade.

On the S class ships the balcony through concierge and Aqua cabins are the same size and location dictates class (price.)

I have found other cruise lines to also price cabins according to deck and location. Celebrity is no different.

OP,

If you are from the US or Canada you do have the option of switching cabins if available under the guarantee pricing. You can search for a cabin in the same class you have booked as a guarantee or you can offer $$$ to upgrade.

On the S class ships the balcony through concierge and Aqua cabins are the same size and location dictates class (price.)

I have found other cruise lines to also price cabins according to deck and location. Celebrity is no different.

Odd the OP's profile is filed out but yet they at the least do NOT mention country of origin.... Makes it very difficult to provide advise as different nationalities book under different rules.

OP please fix your profile!

2b.gif

1a.gif

2a.gif

2b.gif

I've never had a problem understanding other cruise line web sites, but I'm not 'getting' this info.

Thank you

It appears they are distinguishing between standard and accessible (handicapped) rooms in the same category.

Odd the OP's profile is filed out but yet they at the least do NOT mention country of origin.... Makes it very difficult to provide advise as different nationalities book under different rules.

OP please fix your profile!

The OP will definitely be from your side of the pond: notice the spelling of realise and colour 'realize' and 'color' in their posts - definitely US spellings ;).

Thank you to everyone who answered my question.

To the rest of you who told me to;

Fix my profile, (I will decide what information I wish to display (what has my country got to do with Celebrity's codes - rhetorical question please don't reply))

Not to be ferklempt (I assure you I am not about to have a break down over room codes)

I am not interested in changing rooms, I asked about understanding the cabin codes only.

I wish everyone could stick to the question in the OP's post, I see this so many times.

Again thanks for all the valuable info, it helped a lot.

Edited by 123linz123

2b.gif

1a.gif

2a.gif

2b.gif

Thank you

2B or not 2B that is the question.

Clearly my eyesight is not as good as the OP's because 2me they look the same, but I'll go along with the acceesible vs standard theory.

Thank you to everyone who answered my question.

To the rest of you who told me to;

Fix my profile, (I will decide what information I wish to display (what has my country got to do with Celebrity's codes - rhetorical question please don't reply))

Not to be ferklempt (I assure you I am not about to have a break down over room codes)

I am not interested in changing rooms, I asked about understanding the cabin codes only.

I wish everyone could stick to the question in the OP's post, I see this so many times.

Again thanks for all the valuable info, it helped a lot.

People just want to help and SOMETIMES that assistance can involve knowing your location because of different booking conditions. Good grief saying your from the UK, Canada, USA, Australia, etc is NOT going to compromise your security!

A lot of kind hearted CC members took time to help and were concerned enough to mention it. You do realize that different countries websites look completely different so while you may think we see what you see is not necessarily the case!

JMHO