American Express cardholders, check your AMEX offers - 125 back on 500 with Celebrity

JasonV1

Thanks for the news. Unfortunately, my Amex Platinum card does not have the offer.

It's on our AX Platinum - personal, not business account. There's a fair amount of variability. Different cards have different offers.

Nothing on my Gold card - I think as someone pointed out it's likely tied to your spend. We haven't traveled much this year thanks to life intervening (and planning a wedding in 6 months), so most of my offers are restaurants and shopping.

I had no idea the offers were there though...thanks for pointing them out! There were a couple interesting there.

If it is it's either for people spending nothing or people spending millions.

I use our amex for all our business purchases (retail) about 50k a month....I didn't get the offer on any of my 3 cards - Gold, Blue nor Hilton. And have done a tone of travel too.

I did notice that the offers did vary from each card, some offers were on all 3 cards, but each card also had some unique offers, like Blue and Hilton, neither had NCL or Crystal as cruises while Gold did.

Making things even more confusing is that some offers can only be registered via Twitter. You can link a Twitter account to your Amex (solely for the purpose of registering for these offers) and Amex will tweet out what the deal is and what hash tag to tweet to have it added to your card.

Also worth noting the the Serve prepaid AMEX cards also get offers. I had one for my wife and I due to a CVS promo last year but neither had this offer. If you ever buy one for some reason make sure you register it online so they send you a permanent personalized version (no cost, and no fees for cards that have a zero balance) as those are the ones that get the offers.

Who gets what offers is impossible to know. I have a RCI Visa that I use for all cruise purchases these days, but I did use my AMEX to pay for Royal cruise in the past (but never a Celebrity cruise).

While most of the offers are smaller companies, you will see stuff from Amazon, Lowes, random hotels (even Best Western had a deal earlier this year), airlines, and so on. I get the feeling that if you are spending a ton of money already the more mainstream offers are hard to get, but again no way to know for sure.

Edited by JasonV1

The AmEx offer for Celebrity was available on one of our 2 gold cards. The accounts are linked, so I suspect that may be why it's only available on one card. Thanks for the tip! Our final cruise payment is due the beginning of November, so the timing is perfect.....

I did contact Amex CS to see if I could request this offer. That's a big no go. Oh well, very rare that they actually have a real good offer that I can use. I did get $5 back from McD's with $5 spend there.

I was disappointed that I didn't find this offer on any of our Amex cards, but decided to keep checking -- and today it showed up on the Blue card! I don't even use that any more, but I will for this if the offer doesn't show on somewhere better. Moral: keep checking, you may still get in on this!

My husband has a platinum and I have a gold. It was not on his offers. How do I check mine? Thanks

You need a separate log-in, or your card needs to be linked to his [then there will be a choice of cards at the top of the page].

Nothing for us either on a gold card. I did see a Princess offer though, spend $1000 and get $200 back.

Costco in Canada finished with Amex quite a while ago. They have gone to Mastercard, so we cancelled our Cdn Amex card and bought a whole lot of stuff with our approx 300,000 points.

Thank you so much Jason for alerting us all to these benefits. We never knew they existed. I will continue checking for the Celebrity offer till Nov 5.

Isn't Costco losing the Amex card in favor of a competitor soon? I swore that was big news sometime this year...?

Switching to Visa in March 2016. Still don't know if it'll be a Costco Visa or any Visa

Beat me to it.

For everyone reading remember that multiple cards on the same account can each have their own Amex login (register once for each account), and each will get offers, and one will sometimes get offers the others don't (even on the same account).

If you luck out and both get the offer just remember you need to make a purchase on each card to get the reimbursement. So long as both logins got the offer, both registered for it, and both made the purchase amount required, you'll get both reimbursements on the account.

Just scroll down to the bottom of the screen when you log in, and don't forget the "View More" button to see all of your current offers (see attached pic).

You need a separate log-in, or your card needs to be linked to his [then there will be a choice of cards at the top of the page].

amex.jpg.57ac612bf54c60f00e5014bfaa0c1530.jpg

Beat me to it.

For everyone reading remember that multiple cards on the same account can each have their own Amex login (register once for each account), and each will get offers, and one will sometimes get offers the others don't (even on the same account).

That's the case with us. We each have our own card linked to the same account with separate log on usernames. My spouse received the offer, but I didn't.

I have the Delta AmEx Platinum, but apparently this promotion is not available for me.

Try daily.

Further upthread one poster said it wasn't there the 1st day they checked, but the next day it was. It's like spinning the roulette wheel!

Beat me to it.

If you luck out and both get the offer just remember you need to make a purchase on each card to get the reimbursement. So long as both logins got the offer, both registered for it, and both made the purchase amount required, you'll get both reimbursements on the account.

Just scroll down to the bottom of the screen when you log in, and don't forget the "View More" button to see all of your current offers (see attached pic).

In my case I have 1 login for all cards, they all appear at top of screen, I click 1 card and deal with it then the next and deal with it.

So for this I clicked my gold card scrolled thru, then Blue card and scrolled thru , and had a different set of offers. My gold card had 67 offers, but Blue only 57 for example.

Initially I assumed (incorrectly) that the offers ere for the log in, not specific to each specific card.