Denied

kkimber2

a friend of mine was denied boarding on the NOS this Sunday and is getting a full refund does anyone know why this would happen?

I would think the most common reason would be insufficient ID documents.

a friend of mine was denied boarding on the NOS this Sunday and is getting a full refund does anyone know why this would happen?

Don't you think you'd get a much more definitive answer from your friend than strangers on a message board? Of course, now we'd all like to know.

I am waiting on their response I will let you all know if I find out. I know he has some medical issues though. He already has a passport. So who knows

Another reason could be the answers given on the medical questionaire.

Since they're giving a full refund, sounds like a cruise line mistake, somehow.....or a medical issue. Forgetting your documents is on YOU....they are under no obligation to refund your money.

Can you tell me about the medical questionnaire please? Is it on the website and what type of questions do they ask?

Another reason could be the answers given on the medical questionaire.

My stepsons friend checked yes to have you had diarrhea in the last 48 hours (or whatever the question is) The guy behind the counter said "do you realize you checked yes" he said "yes, I am lactose intolerant" The agent grabbed it. tore it up and said "redo it and check no! you won't be allowed to board if yes is checked"

According to the health form, if he was denied boarding because he ticked "yes", he must have had an assessment by a member of shipboard medical staff who came to the conclusion that this is an "illness of international public health concern".

Well my friend said he was denied to board due to some port laws. He told them that he had his passport and was still told he was not able to go. Which he thought was weird considering he had been to the countries we are sailing to already before. Which made him a little upset was they waited till the friday before we sail to notify him of this. I asked him if he had a criminal record and such he had told me was arrested once but it was dissmissed. So he still isn't sure what the law is that is prohibiting him to sail

Well my friend said he was denied to board due to some port laws. He told them that he had his passport and was still told he was not able to go. Which he thought was weird considering he had been to the countries we are sailing to already before. Which made him a little upset was they waited till the friday before we sail to notify him of this. I asked him if he had a criminal record and such he had told me was arrested once but it was dissmissed. So he still isn't sure what the law is that is prohibiting him to sail

So it was NOT the health questionaire if they informed him two days before.

It may just be me, but it seems that if he really has no idea why this is happening, and is upset over it, I would have pushed for an explicit reason, not just "some port laws". I have the feeling he has some idea as to why.

99% of people denied boarding would know EXACTLY why. Either they aren't giving you the full story or for some bizzare reason (ignorance or apathy??) walked away from a cruise not understanding what RCCL told them......

Edited by bouhunter

Whatever it is, if he was denied and Royal is giving him a full refund, you can rest assured that it was a mistake on their end. They dont just give refunds out like candy that close to boarding day. :rolleyes:

Whatever it is, if he was denied and Royal is giving him a full refund, you can rest assured that it was a mistake on their end. They dont just give refunds out like candy that close to boarding day. :rolleyes:

That isn't necessarily true.

Out of six cruises I have only filled out one questionnaire and I believe it was on Royal in 2000. I can be wrong as to Royal or Carnival but thinking I've been on four Carniaval cruises since then and never filled another one out I'm thinking it was Royal. I would think it should be standard policy across the lines.