Coffee Card

artvlay

what brand is the tea and do they have any specialty teas like tea forte on Celebrity!

The Horizon Court has a selection of Twining, Bigelow, and Lipton teas available. It is a nice selection, including peppermint, chamomile, English breakfast, earl grey, Darjeeling, and orange spice. There are probably more, but those are the ones I tend to drink and they are all there.

Thanks for the replies...we'll plan on coffee cards for Ruby...tea variety sounds ok..really like orange spice....may bring some of my own as well.

Sounds like coffee at breakfast and dinner may not be so great...never heard of syrup coffee..wonder if they serve that on other cruise lines and we just never knew it?

Edited by hcat

Thanks for the replies...we'll plan on coffee cards for Ruby...tea variety sounds ok..really like orange spice....may bring some of my own as well.

Sounds like coffee at breakfast and dinner may not be so great...never heard of syrup coffee..wonder if they serve that on other cruise lines and we just never knew it?

Waiter told me the coffee syrup is made by Nestle. The so called orange juice concentrate and lemonade are also supplied by a Nestle subsidiary. Its a huge food company worldwide. No doubt Carnival Corp have a group buying policy to get volume pricing, I have seen the same OJ and lemonade concentrate on Carnival ships.

Waiter told me the coffee syrup is made by Nestle. The so called orange juice concentrate and lemonade are also supplied by a Nestle subsidiary. Its a huge food company worldwide. No doubt Carnival Corp have a group buying policy to get volume pricing, I have seen the same OJ and lemonade concentrate on Carnival ships.

Doesn't Nestle make Taster's Choice? If so, that must be why DH says the buffet coffee tastes like Taster's Choice.

You can also get really tasty hot chocolate (they will add whipped cream, cinnamon, etc) and on Regal/Royal and a couple of other ships you can get Gelato.[/quote]

Only on the Royal and Regal can you get gelato with a punch on the coffee card.

...never heard of syrup coffee..wonder if they serve that on other cruise lines and we just never knew it?

Trader Joe's and Dave's (of RI) and probably several others sell coffee syrup. As I remember, it isn't cheap.

Waiter told me the coffee syrup is made by Nestle. ... Its a huge food company worldwide.

A story about my experience with Nestle coffee. We were on a land vacation in Dominican Republic and went for dinner to a fancy restaurant, La Cava, which was actually built into a cave. After dinner the waiter asked if we wanted coffee, and if so did we want Dominican or American coffee. The wife and I opted for Dominican but the other couple wanted American. The waiter poured our coffee and handed the other couple a jar of instant Nescafe (which is a Swiss company) :)

You can also get really tasty hot chocolate (they will add whipped cream, cinnamon, etc) and on Regal/Royal and a couple of other ships you can get Gelato.[/quote]

We have never been on the Royal or Regal, but have gotten gelato with a punch on the coffee card on 2 different cruises.

We have never been on the Royal or Regal, but have gotten gelato with a punch on the coffee card on 2 different cruises.

We recently returned from a cruise on Emerald Princess, the first ship we have been on that offered Gelato next to the IC.

I asked if I could pay with punch on coffee card, but no, it had to be charged to cruise card. (1.50)

Not expensive, but sure would be nice if things like this were consistent, ship to ship!

Edited by bigenna

But it's not complimentary if you allow them to punch a hole, right? I wonder if that is an acceptable option?

Right now I have 3 used coffee cards with a total of sixteen holes NOT punched. We will be buying another card on our next 15-day cruise next month. I think we will be thoroughly caffeinated. :D

I seem to collect coffee cards like I collect BART cards. They never seem to get totally used up.

I never let them put the sailing/voyage number on my blank cards, if questioned about any brewed coffee, I simply tell them to take a punch on the card if they need to and to leave my card blank.

iceleven : When taking a punch on your card it's always good for any coffee on the menu, whether speciality or fresh brewed

Srpilo

How much is the card and where do you buy it?

So is all other coffee in mdr, buffet, etc made from syrup?

what brand is the tea and do they have any specialty teas like tea forte on Celebrity!

I bought one on ebay for less then the $33 charged on Princess. I used it recently for Gelato on the Regal. You get 3 scoops for 1 punch and they let me pick 3 different flavors and put them in separate cups so 3 of us could share.

As Elite I traded my bar setup for 2 coffee cards. There was no cruise number entered on the back and at no time during the cruise did they ever look at the back. I still have a few punches left and there is no cruise number. If they ever ask if I "bought" it on another cruise I can honestly say "no". It was free.

I bought one on ebay for less then the $33 charged on Princess. I used it recently for Gelato on the Regal. You get 3 scoops for 1 punch and they let me pick 3 different flavors and put them in separate cups so 3 of us could share.

If you get a sundae or banana split, is this still one punch?

So they are suppose to write information on the back of the card? I have had 2 coffee cards with nothing written on the back. Plenty of punches left on the last one. I will see how much of a problem I have on our upcoming cruise. Tom :confused:

They write your voyage number on the back so that they know what cruise you purchased or started using it on in a case where you brought an unused card from another voyage. you are entitled to the free brewed coffee and tea only on the voyage you start using your card on. You can still use the card later but they will punch the card for a brewed coffee- I have never had a problem with this. I suppose if someone behind the counter decided they weren't going to allow it you could always order an Americano. They would take the punch and you would get a good cup of coffee :)

Don't worry if they forgot to add the voyage number previously. They will accept the card for punches and will likely add a voyage number if they notice it is missing.

Edited by Shelly97060

Yes, it's good for brewed coffee the entire cruise in IC even if you don't have any punches left. :)

Just off the Royal this morning....sitting at FLL waiting for flight. When our coffee card had no punches left we weren't allowed to keep the card to use for free brewed coffee for the rest of the cruise. The guy took our card said no you can't do that and refused to give it back. I told him that the website says free brewed coffee is for the duration of the cruise. Didn't matter. Rudest person I have ever met on any of our cruises

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

Just off the Royal this morning....sitting at FLL waiting for flight. When our coffee card had no punches left we weren't allowed to keep the card to use for free brewed coffee for the rest of the cruise. The guy took our card said no you can't do that and refused to give it back. I told him that the website says free brewed coffee is for the duration of the cruise. Didn't matter. Rudest person I have ever met on any of our cruises

You should have asked for a supervisor.

Never been on Regal or Royal and have gotten gelato with my coffee card.

The Horizon Court has a selection of Twining, Bigelow, and Lipton teas available. It is a nice selection, including peppermint, chamomile, English breakfast, earl grey, Darjeeling, and orange spice. There are probably more, but those are the ones I tend to drink and they are all there.

I love tea, especially the Bigelow Constant Comment, but I take it with honey. Is there honey available at the Horizon Court ? We will be on the Caribbean Princess in December. I would be thrilled to find out they have Constant Comment AND honey !!

Just off the Regal on 11/3. Had an old coffee card from Island Princess with multiple punches left. Used it first day for brewed coffee with no problem.

Went the following morning and encountered a supervisor-type guy who said I had to use my punches for regular brewed coffee. I questioned him, but he wouldn't give.

Went to customer service and they said this is their policy now since the card came from another ship -- only free brewed coffee when it was bought for Regal Princess.

Tried using it again on another day, and depending who was working, I just flashed the card and no questions asked, got brewed coffee. Not sure what Princess is doing here, but used it once for gelato and the kid just looked at the card and never punched it, so i gave him a couple dollar tip.

Good luck getting old coffee cards thru -

This must be the same barista who got so snooty with me on the Royal because there was nothing written on the back of my coffee card... which there never is if you trade your mini bar for coffee cards! He was incredibly rude and almost called me a liar to my face - not wise to mess with me BEFORE my coffee :mad:

I love tea, especially the Bigelow Constant Comment, but I take it with honey. Is there honey available at the Horizon Court ? We will be on the Caribbean Princess in December. I would be thrilled to find out they have Constant Comment AND honey !!

I use honey with my tea so I know what you mean.

Honey in the HC is hit or miss. On some ships it is out. Sometimes near the tea/coffee station, but more commonly in the buffet line somewhere. If you don't see it, you can ask for it.

We don't eat in the MDR very often, so I've never requested it there, but it is probably available for the asking.

It is also usually available at the IC.

You can order it from room service. I will order some whenever we get anything and save what I don't use.

AND I bring a container scaled to the length of the cruise (hate to toss it at the end).

All of the above should work. Choose your favorite.