April 2017 canx--redeployment-what offers could I get?

elaine5

I just got an email that my 4/8/2017 cruise is canx. It looks like other April cruises from FL are also canx. All Princess offered was to roll over my deposit to another cruise and a $15 credit per person. Even NCL offered much better than that. What is the usual policy and what have others gotten when their cruise was canx?

I understand it is far out, but other CL have offered to honor booked price on alternative cruises. I was wondering what P's policy was. I would equate $15PP with nothing. I am surprised that NCL offered more generous rebooking based upon redeployment than P.

Edited by elaine5

I just got an email that my 4/8/2017 cruise is canx. It looks like other April cruises from FL are also canx. All Princess offered was to roll over my deposit to another cruise and a $15 credit per person. Even NCL offered much better than that. What is the usual policy and what have others gotten when their cruise was canx?

The $15 credit is pretty standard nowadays- used to get nothing at all. My 4-19-17 was also just cancelled. 4th or 5th time this has happened to me now for an April Caribbean cruise.

I was booked on that 4/9/17 cruise too and received the same email. Not looking for anything really, as it was so far out, but I wonder why they printed the cruise in the Cruise Almanac, then decided to redeploy the ship?

I was booked for this cruise as well. Re-booked for the exact same itinerary on the Caribbean Princess for a March 11, 2017 departure. Basically the same ship as the Crown Princess. Not out anything, just have to have my trip insurance adjusted to the new departure and arrival times. I too received the $15 pp OBC, so my wife and I can get a couple of drinks each on Princess. Got the exact same room, except instead of starboard it is port.

The ABC Island cruise is one of our dream cruises. I am guessing the March 11, 2017 Caribbean Princess is going to book up fast now with the cancellation of the April 8, 2017 Crown Princess ABC Island cruise.

I will let the cancellation slide this time Princess, but if you do it again I will have to dethrone you! :)

I understand it is far out, but other CL have offered to honor booked price on alternative cruises. I was wondering what P's policy was. I would equate $15PP with nothing. I am surprised that NCL offered more generous rebooking based upon redeployment than P.

I don't know when your last cancellation with NCL was, but here is a recent post showing they don't offer much of anything either. ($50 if rebook same ship within a few months, cancelled 14 months out, no price protection mentioned)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47411939&postcount=1

I was booked for this cruise as well. Re-booked for the exact same itinerary on the Caribbean Princess for a March 11, 2017 departure. Basically the same ship as the Crown Princess. Not out anything, just have to have my trip insurance adjusted to the new departure and arrival times. I too received the $15 pp OBC, so my wife and I can get a couple of drinks each on Princess. Got the exact same room, except instead of starboard it is port.

The ABC Island cruise is one of our dream cruises. I am guessing the March 11, 2017 Caribbean Princess is going to book up fast now with the cancellation of the April 8, 2017 Crown Princess ABC Island cruise.

I will let the cancellation slide this time Princess, but if you do it again I will have to dethrone you! :)

I'd love to do that one, but the week doesn't work. April 8 is our spring break, and I'm a school principal, so I'm locked into that week. The ABCs were what drew us to that cruise.

Unless they planning on releasing the schedules early i.e like Celebrity does.

Didn't last year when they cancelled some cruises that was more around February/march they did the cancellations?

Those Feb/Mar cancellations occurred when the Crown and Ruby repositioned to the West Coast. Need to sail around South America before their Summer ends.