What is resort casual? Comments on AZ vs Cc?

kittyluvrnurse

Absolutely perfect

Thank you. I enjoy wearing these clothes, but I am sensitive to what's appropriate to the occasion and location. Just a lifelong clothes enthusiast!! :D

Interesting (or not) side note: all these jackets and tops were purchased on ebay. I can indulge my clothes horsiness and not spend a small fortune.

I will be going on my first Azamara cruise, but we've cruised over 50 times on various ships; mostly RCCL.

I'm assuming what I always wear will work on Azamara in the evening: nice pants and an assortment of nice jackets and tops. I take almost all in chiffon fabrics, because they are so lightweight for packing, and I can wear the tops during the day, and with a jacket in the evening:

these are lovely. was wondering where you brought them.They remind me of the store "Chicos". the few men who take jackets know they will be eatogn wih officers or like to dress more in Prime C.. Most do not.

:(Re: "Penney's" (department store).....

I guess I am just NOT in the same class as some people on this ship, because I shop at Penney's all the time...and wear the clothes I buy there when I cruise including in the MDR and on formal nights....

Some folks may have unlimited funds, but we work hard just to save to go on cruises...Yes, we have gone on a lot of cruises, but it has been "at a price" which others in our wage bracket might very well say is "too much" .It really pushes the budget HARD but our feeling is that we should experience what we can experience NOW while we are physically able to do so. We don't live in a fancy neighborhood or have fancy cars or fancy ANYTHING, but where there is a will there is a way ..we do not have extra money to buy from the more exclusive stores or labels....We don't go to those shops in our regular lives and we can't afford to go to them for a cruise either...

and we'll try not to offend people by appearing on deck after 7 if we are not dressed "to the nines"....NOT...and OMG:eek::eek: we may be wearing what we wore in the buffet (shorts and shirts and tennis shoes, oh my)...We do promise that we will not go into the nicer lounges or to the show like that (even WE have limits)...but just because we are not rich and fancy does not mean we need to hide or be looked down upon for not meeting others expectations of how we should look and what we should do.

these are lovely. was wondering where you brought them.They remind me of the store "Chicos". the few men who take jackets know they will be eatogn wih officers or like to dress more in Prime C.. Most do not.

Ebay! If you search with the brand and size you prefer, you will find all kinds of clothes. I search either on the brand or type of fabric, and the size I want. You have to kiss a lot of "frogs" to get to the prince, but I've found absolutely beautiful clothes on ebay.

My latest is a pair of fall/winter weight dress pants. They still had all the tags on them, cost $60 at my favorite women's clothing store, and I got them for $15 including shipping.

Funny, I too search eBay for my favorite and end up with my favorite brands and most still with tags! I love to hunt down a favorite from last years season. Recently replaced the cutest pair of sandles I've ever owned. Purchase 9 yrs ago, replaced once and found again brand new on eBay. Actually I think I've had 4 pair of those Brighton sandles :)

PS and yes of course I shop regularly at Penny's...

Funny, I too search eBay for my favorite and end up with my favorite brands and most still with tags! I love to hunt down a favorite from last years season. Recently replaced the cutest pair of sandles I've ever owned. Purchase 9 yrs ago, replaced once and found again brand new on eBay. Actually I think I've had 4 pair of those Brighton sandles :)

PS and yes of course I shop regularly at Penny's...

That last jacket on the far right that I posted pics of above is the most beautiful garment I've worn in a very long time. The colors are delightful, and the tones are perfect with my blond hair. The flowers are embellished with clear sequins, so the jacket has a subtle glitter spray all over. It's very long, and very, very elegant.

One would have to shop at many stores to find some of these items. I shop Ebay not only for the savings, but I get one-of-a-kind garments many times.

We had a lady on our river cruise last month that wore the most gorgeous chiffon tunics and flowy jackets... Sinful things, turns out she is a designer wearing her samples. Looked at her website and oh my way way out of my league!

We had a lady on our river cruise last month that wore the most gorgeous chiffon tunics and flowy jackets... Sinful things, turns out she is a designer wearing her samples. Looked at her website and oh my way way out of my league!

Just type in "chiffon jacket" on ebay with your size, wade through the "coal", and you will find the diamonds.

Resort casual can be quite misleading. On the last 2 AZ cruises I found that most nights in the MDR I wore dress sandals, consequently in packing for the last cruise with AZ in Oct. I only packed sandals and sneakers to save room. On the second or third night in the MDR midway thru dinner the head waiter approached my table and said my footwear was not acceptable.I said that it was ok on previous cruises with AZ and I did not pack dress shoes and would he want me to leave MDR now?. He said No and left the table. We finished dinner and most of our conversation was about this topic and upon leaving the MDR the same headwaiter approached us and told me that he had made a mistake and the footwear was acceptable and the basis for his initial reaction was other attire issues that evening.Even after the apology I could not help but wonder if this would happen again, should I pack dress shoes in the future? and did the head waiter handle this matter correctly? Any comments?

Resort casual can be quite misleading. On the last 2 AZ cruises I found that most nights in the MDR I wore dress sandals, consequently in packing for the last cruise with AZ in Oct. I only packed sandals and sneakers to save room. On the second or third night in the MDR midway thru dinner the head waiter approached my table and said my footwear was not acceptable.I said that it was ok on previous cruises with AZ and I did not pack dress shoes and would he want me to leave MDR now?. He said No and left the table. We finished dinner and most of our conversation was about this topic and upon leaving the MDR the same headwaiter approached us and told me that he had made a mistake and the footwear was acceptable and the basis for his initial reaction was other attire issues that evening.Even after the apology I could not help but wonder if this would happen again, should I pack dress shoes in the future? and did the head waiter handle this matter correctly? Any comments?

I think sandals at dinner is pushing the dress code a bit far, but the head waiter was way out of line addressing you in public / in front of your table mates. It should have been addressed at a later time, in private (if at all).

If you are a gal, dressy strappy cute sandles (not beach ware ) is perfect. However, if your a guy and not in Hawaii or the Caribbean then gentlemen are expected to wear proper foot ware. Fair ?? No but when is life fair !

I agree that the manner you were approached was wrong but wonder how he saw your feet under the table in the first place. These types on conversations usually happen at the doors of the MDR by the mgr

Edited by JVilleGal

I think sandals at dinner is pushing the dress code a bit far, but the head waiter was way out of line addressing you in public / in front of your table mates. It should have been addressed at a later time, in private (if at all).

Not sure what is wrong with dress sandals ?? Yes flip flops would be inappropiate but a lot of very stylish dress shoes have a similar appearance to so called sandals. We should not be defined by what we wear or where we shop. As long as one dresses to the occasion then that should be all that matters.

I should hope not! They wear little enough. Half of that would be practically naked!

:D:eek:

I am a sundress person with a shawl.. if in pants it might mean we sail around 8 or 10 and i am on deck watching. or cool weather but then hte heat so high ihave been knwo to change back into a dress.

Im sure the sandal wearer is male. Hope he wasn't wearing socks as well!!!!

White or black .... Guess someone might notice that look even under a table. Frankly I'm have a bit of a problem with this whole story.

Unless the poster was wearing shorts explain to me how anyone would notice nice leather men's sandals (assuming not flip flops or tevas) when hiding under a pair of long pants.

And this would be the job of the Maitre D Or dining room mgr to approach a guest who is so inappropriately dressed.????

We are missing something, some piece to the puzzle is not being shared and I'm sure that the poster just doesn't realize it.

My apologies about mentioning Penny's. I solely meant that any "jeans" I might wear will not be my dog park Lee's from Penny's. I do understand budgeting! One of my new favorite tops for any type of vacation is Land's End long sleeve pima polo tops. Heavy enough to hang well but light enough that they are very comfortable in air conditioned dining rooms. They also layer well so several will be coming along for the stops out and back that include rainy Vancouver and chilly Minneapolis. This is also one of our bucket list vacations as neither of us has ever been Down Under. I've been shopping sales since I was a Private and we still both look there first.

My granddaughter belongs to an auxiliary organization (support to ROTC) in college, called Silver Wings; they have a regional conclave and a national conclave each year. She has been local president and now she's moving into regional president. Anyway, at these conclaves, they require business clothing. We hit a Liz department in a Penney's store, and that was the "cut of the season". She got bags full of mix and match pants, skirts, jackets and blouses, and they were all 60% off. She looks like a million dollars when she is up at the podium and she knows it. So don't knock Penney's, there are some really nice clothes there.