I packed today.......now I have to wait till.......

Lois R

.......Friday to leave:p......I thought it would be easier to get most of it

done today, rather than packing after work later in the week. I fly to

San Juan on Friday morning and cruising on Saturday:D. So, the

clothing is in but I will wait to pack my jewelry and toiletries......

So hopefully this week won't go slower than dirt:eek:

Edited by Lois R

Your clothes will be really creased, if they're already in the suitcase!...I always wait until the night prior to actually put stuff IN the suitcase!

You normally never reply back when you post but my clothing for evenings

doesn't wrinkle and for daytime, I don't care....shorts/t's/ capri's, casual stuff,

bathing suits and cover up.

Evenings my clothing is jersey material.....and it goes in last. And if there

happens to be something wrinkled that I want pressed, I will have the

ship do it.

If you want to pack the night before....go for it. I am good doing it this way.

Edited by Lois R

I seldom have any trouble with packing early. Last cruise I took Downey Wrinkle Release and didn't even use it. Everything was fine.

If I packed the night before I would be a nervous wreck because I would be sure I had forgotten something important (even with a list).:D

Have a great time, Lois!

.......Friday to leave:p......I thought it would be easier to get most of it

done today, rather than packing after work later in the week. I fly to

San Juan on Friday morning and cruising on Saturday:D. So, the

clothing is in but I will wait to pack my jewelry and toiletries......

So hopefully this week won't go slower than dirt:eek:

I also pack a week a head of time. My next three cruises are on Princess. They have laundry rooms on board that have irons in them. I either go there and iron a few pieces or send it out.

What I do with my suit case after I pack is to lay it down flat, things wrinkle less that way than standing the case up right.

I seldom have any trouble with packing early. Last cruise I took Downey Wrinkle Release and didn't even use it. Everything was fine.

If I packed the night before I would be a nervous wreck because I would be sure I had forgotten something important (even with a list).:D

Have a great time, Lois!

Thank you:) I plan to:D.....it is not that I would be nervous but I really

just wanted to do it today...rather than having to do it after work.

I still have items that need to go in;) but it is more of the accessories,

shoes, etc.

I also pack a week a head of time. My next three cruises are on Princess. They have laundry rooms on board that have irons in them. I either go there and iron a few pieces or send it out.

What I do with my suit case after I pack is to lay it down flat, things wrinkle less that way than standing the case up right.

LOL me too......the suitcase is on the floor....and will stay that way until

they go in the trunk of the car;)

Depends on what's going on for us when I pack these days. I've packed a week or two before hand using the bundle method in a carry on no less and really suffered no ill effects to the clothing. Since I started my portable *cruise closet*, I can get to my stuff fairly quickly....time can be a different story though! :eek:

I see a few of us pack early then:D....

Anyway, like I said, If there is something I want to wear and it needs to

pressed I will send it out for that........;).......

Hi Sharon:)

Edited by Lois R

We always pack early...usually 2 or 3 weeks. Our dog hated suitcases (he would have dragged them out of the house and peed on them if he could) because he knew he was getting sent away to the sitters.

Steve & Pete

I also pack at the very least a couple of days before we are scheduled to leave. Most stuff is fine to wear. If something is really creased which is rare, I spend a few dollars and have it pressed. If I am spending thousands on a cruise, a few more dollars once in a while is not a big deal IMO.

Edited by Rala
typo

I also pack at the very least a couple of days before we are scheduled to leave. Most stuff is fine to wear. If something is really creased which is rare, I spend a few dollars and have it pressed. If I am spending thousands on a cruise, a few more dollars once in a while is not a big deal IMO.

I agree with you:)

Have a great time Lois.

I too pack very early. You never know what will come up during the week that might get in the way of packing and I always forget something if I let it wait until the last minute. I am sometimes packed several weeks early depending on what else is going on in my life at the time.

Have a ball!!!!

Barbara

I have my clothes packed since the spring and putting the rest of my toiletries, like toothbrush/toothpaste/deordant/etc in the backpack, the morning of embark. Which is like 3 weeks from now on 11/29 for me - Hey, never know when a last minute trip will happen before the scheduled one.[emoji9]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I packed yesterday and sail tomorrow. I'm not worried about wrinkles either! Most of my wardrobe is wrinkle-resistant! After I hang everything up, anything that has wrinkles will have time to "recover" before being worn.

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas' 12-night Southern Caribbean. I looked at your Summit itinerary out of curiosity to see if we are ever at the same island at the same time (which would have been cool), but it appears that I miss you by one day several times! I'll keep my eye out for Summit though! If I see her passing in the night I'll be sure and give you a wave! Have a great time! I love Summit!

I always pre pack jewelry &, toiletries. Prior to my retirement I took a few days off pre cruise and packed the day before the day before we left (if that makes sense). The day before we leave is pay extra attention to the cats, mani, pedi, dinner out time for both of us. Still do it this way even though I'm retired. I could never figure out how something would wrinkle in say 4 days but at 3 days in the suitcase it would be fine. Like Lois, I send out anything that is too wrinkled to wear.

Lois, hope you have a fabulous time.:)

I'm a night before packer but I have everything ready the week before. I just need to put it in at the last minute, only because I may change my mind and either add or subtract so it's easier than digging through what's already packed.:D

I leave for Hawaii in exactly two weeks and I am completely packed except for some makeup and a night gown. :eek:

In reality I've been packed since September. My favorite activity is to come home from work and sort through my Hawaii cruise suitcase. :p

Yes, I have changed my mind several times on a what is packed. I've gone from a red, white, blue color scheme to a coral to blue green. I've decided against the white denim capri pants and added several pairs of shorts.

I've changed suitcases from a carryon to a duffle to a large size back to a carry on.

In truth, I may change a few items out before I leave next week.

This is part of my fun getting ready for a trip.

Thanks for all the good wishes:).....truth be told, I went back through

and changed a few things;).....:D

Tomorrow is my last day of work:D.......my flight for Miami leaves

very early Friday morning.....then my connection to San Juan leaves

about an hour after I arrive at MIA.

Edited by Lois R

Thanks for all the good wishes:).....truth be told, I went back through

and changed a few things;).....:D

Tomorrow is my last day of work:D.......my flight for Miami leaves

very early Friday morning.....then my connection to San Juan leaves

about an hour after I arrive at MIA.

Have a wonderful cruise Lois.