Oasis Lawyer

ABC NEWS is about to have family and lawyer on TV

Saw the piece just now...7:30 a.m. Didn't see any appearances by family or lawyers, just the statements, pictures of the couple, and that picture of him hanging on the lifeboat. Apparently they had the video of him falling and didn't show it, fortunately.

Disturbing outcome regardless of how it happened.

Saw the piece just now...7:30 a.m. Didn't see any appearances by family or lawyers, just the statements, pictures of the couple, and that picture of him hanging on the lifeboat. Apparently they had the video of him falling and didn't show it, fortunately.

Disturbing outcome regardless of how it happened.

Yes. Very disappointing. Their lead-in, was "coming up....lawyer and family interview for.....etc."

They really did not say anything we did not already know. Quite a few witnesses, however. Should be very interesting.

The Sun Sentinel had an article quoting the ambulance chaser.

Pretty cut and dry situation here -- married couple gets drunk, extremely emotional, destroys cruise ship property, security gets called, drunk flings himself off balcony.

Ambulance chaser sees dollar signs.

Pretty cut and dry situation here -- married couple gets drunk, extremely emotional, destroys cruise ship property, security gets called, drunk flings himself off balcony.

That sums it up.

A few gaps in the couples story, to which ship's security cameras will help in filling the holes.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Phew, good thing you were there to know all this.

How did you determine "cut and dry"? You were there????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Give us all the details from your first hand witness of the event.

Edited by bouhunter

How did you determine "cut and dry"? You were there????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Give us all the details from your first hand witness of the event.

I interpreted that he summed up the article, cut and dry. I didn't read anything more thank that.

I thought this sentence from the article was interesting -

"The door to the balcony was open, Winkleman said, "and [bernardo] falls over into the life boat."

That makes it seem as if he just simply fell (because the door was open) and we all know it doesn't work that way.

I have been on a ship where we had to alter course to do a medical evacuation for two passengers. To see what was "reported" in local Florida news and on social media did not quite reflect what was I was experiencing on the ship.

Some of that social media reporting was from "friends who have friends onboard" and also a case of a news outlet quoting a passenger on board. Rumors were running rampant - on and off the ship.

I thought all passengers are suppose to adhere to the guest conduct policies while on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I've seen guests forced to leave the Oasis during their cruise due to bad behavior (fighting). When you print out your boarding pass, you must agree to the terms.

I really don't understand all of this drama that occurs during a cruise that is supposed to be enjoyable for all guests.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

I thought all passengers are suppose to adhere to the guest conduct policies while on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I've seen guests forced to leave the Oasis during their cruise due to bad behavior (fighting). When you print out your boarding pass, you must agree to the terms.

I really don't understand all of this drama that occurs during a cruise that is supposed to be enjoyable for all guests.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

6000 people on a ship. You don't understand that there might me some "drama" that occurs every day everywhere else??

The lawyer will collect about 40% of whatever settlement RCCL's insurance company decides to pay.

I just wish there would be more sympathy for the crew who tried to save the guy. Because of the family and lawyer, the crew will now face months and months of depositions and testimony, having to constantly live the horror over and over again.

Sigh, yet another man overboard thread that will be closed shortly because people cant be civil :rolleyes:

I wasnt there either but from everything Ive gathered and read, dada summed it pretty good. MY opinion of which Im 100% entitled to,.

Edited by ryano

I don't think anyone should make accusations of suicide or otherwise until all the facts are known the video clearly shows he was not with his wife as previously stated he was with his husband and it was his husband that was yelling it was not the person overboard so please refrain from making any quick judgments against the person or Royal because we don't know all the facts we know what the video is a small clip horrific accident or possibly more but we don't know here's a clip I retrieved from YouTube with the audio captioned and you can understand a little more detail

but please be cautioned it is graphic.

I could not have said it better.

Why is beyond the realm of possibility that this man was harassed by a crew member?

Because this is your favorite cruise line, or because you may personally be against someones sexual orientation? While I don't love ambulance chasers, I do believe that all the facts should come out through investigation. Yes, the victim ultimately placed himself in that position of danger; no one threw him out there. But we don't know everything else that went on. We weren't there. For anyone to claim this is cut and dry is just absurd.

Some people here are completely insensitive and I am amazed at the lack of empathy or even desire to know the truth before casting full blame on the victim and absolving the cruise line entirely.

The lawyer will collect about 40% of whatever settlement RCCL's insurance company decides to pay.

I just wish there would be more sympathy for the crew who tried to save the guy. Because of the family and lawyer, the crew will now face months and months of depositions and testimony, having to constantly live the horror over and over again.

Just saying, lawyer's fees in most PI cases is 25% or 33%. And in the likely event RCI gets this tossed (lest we forget they have some pretty good attorneys too and the numerous video/witness statements would definitely lead one to believe that RCI did everything reasonable here), they'll end up getting $0.00.