So, what are the "little things" that people like about Princess

Linerguy

Understanding that Princess is not 100% perfect, but they are consistent in providing many things that have disappeared or never were on the competition:

• Cabins ready upon embarkation
  • Almost every dining option open for lunch on embarkation day
  • Attendance at muster drill quickly taken by scanning cruise cards
  • Live band on deck for sailaway, weather permitting
  • Same live band(s) not excessively scheduled on deck during sea days--advantage to MUTS programming, though admittedly needing some updates
  • Just enough daytime activities: few dead spots, but no need to be in three places at once either
  • Breakfast and Lunch in MDR is a real menu of courses of cooked food, not one or two items plus an "express self-serve bar"
  • Afternoon Tea daily with full service and you won't be told to "just go to the buffet" when they run out of sandwiches ten minutes in like on Celebrity
  • Always at least one quiet venue with "dinner music" before each seating (even if it is just two guys and a synth)
  • Or live music of a livelier ilk if that's what I want that night
  • Despite the criticisms of ATD, Princess does make an effort to provide everyone with the dinner preference they desire (ie the extra early fixed seating offered)
  • Dinner served in courses, not every starter brought at the same time (inexcusable even on the most budget cruise lines, let alone to be a firm policy on RCI)
  • The majority of nights having a late show in the theatre after second dinner seating
  • Game show/audience participation activities do not incur a fee
  • Plenty of servers during late night happy hours
  • The Horizon Court has enough variety for an actual meal anytime it is open, none of the 'no hot food after lunch rush' or 'no desserts two hours before it closes'.
  • And the best for last: the International Cafe 24/7

And I didn't even include any cabin-level specific or loyalty-level specific benefits...just sayin' :D

An excellent list!

We sailed on the Golden with our family in June. My 8 yo granddaughter wanted one of the "special" rings that are sometimes out on tables...I had promised to buy her one...but she couldn't find me. She was crushed. The next day we went into the little jewelry shop, but they didn't have them. The sweet young lady who helped us said that she would call us when they would be out again...and she did..and Abby got her ring. One of the many reasons we keep sailing with Princess.

Lemon Danishes, Escargot upon request, my drink waiting for me on the table once our waiters get to know us, covered corner aft balconies, Bingo, slot tournament, UKP, "the chime" before announcements, pillow chocolates, Elite mini bar, free laundry, slippers, free internet, Captain's Cocktail Party, and though I could go on and on...I will conclude with that indescribable feeling of coming home when you set foot aboard the ship! [emoji568]

I like the veteran's OBC, and that Princess always gives us two since we both served. The rooms being ready when we board is a great asset as I am handicapped and lugging around carry-ons is difficult. Food options which please us whether we want home style or more gourmet choices. Feeling like the staff are really happy to see us.

...I will conclude with that indescribable feeling of coming home when you set foot aboard the ship! [emoji568]

Just nail a length of 2x4 in front of your bathroom door, this way you will soon forget that you miss the ship.:rolleyes:

john

I love being greeted with "Welcome back" when we board. It's a feeling of "coming home" again.

The friendliness of the staff, I have never experienced a rude staff member yet. They all speak to you and they smile, which is what a few of the passengers could do.

Having your bed turned down, with the chockie on the pillow.

Being supplied with ice and fresh fruit.

I could go on and on, but just suffice to say

I LOVE PRINCESS

Fresh water pools!

Goat cheese souffle!

Huge closets!

and . . .

the Pacific Princess (that's a little thing, right? Comparatively speaking). Please, Princess, don't let her go.

And do you still intend to be on her (Pacific Princess) next month? Haven't seen you post on the roll call lately.

Add on the OBCs for military service, the eagerness of Maitre'ds to meet or dining table requests, the stewards helpfulness and the ability to book a future cruise with just $100.

And the CCL shareholder and Princess Visa OBC

Howard

Dining room:

Silverware given is just what is needed and appropriate for each course.

On other cruise lines start with multiple forks, knives and spoons.

Agreed. The rectangle tables for two are not that big to begin with; setting it up like one is on the NORMANDIE would be ridiculous. Cunard was always that way; but, if I remember correctly, on my last trip with them it was scaled back a bit.

Edited by Linerguy

Waiters bringing coffee to your table in the buffet

Cranberry juice on request, in the buffet

V-8 with lemon and Tabasco for DH, in the buffet

General-knowledge trivia, every day

Non-smoking policy

TVs with nautical info and coherent maps

Friendliness of all staff

No singing waiters

Relaxing new-agey music on TVs behind nautical reports

Elevators that tell you what deck you're on

Free saunas and steam rooms

Restful decor

Few or no towel animals.. What a waste of time and resources!

Fresh fruit delivery

Free robes

General air of dignity... Classy yet egalitarian.

Creme brûlée!

We love the extra room of mini-suites with a full sofa without having to pay a lot extra for a suite (we don't need a useless butler or afternoon snacks). We don't want to pay a lot extra for a Celebrity suite only to find out the promised Luminae breakfast and lunch can be eliminated without notice.

We especially liked the curtain separating the sleeping area from the sitting area on the Royal. As others have said, we like eating lunch in the MDR on embarkation and would like it if they brought back lunch in the MDR on port days too.

We love the International Café and the OBC for stock on every cruise!Also, the partial Panama Canal option for those with limited time who don't want a long plane ride to/from the West Coast. And the UK cruise starting from London.These are the reasons we have chosen Princess 6 times and Celebrity only 3 times and NCL three times.

It won't quote so hopefully I can remember; is v-8 available on all princess ships, love it. Also are robes available to all classes or only suites and elites etc? And I have to say I love towel animals and will miss them if Princess doesn't do them. Just off RCI and we had them every 2 or 3 nights on our 14 night cruise.

Connie

And I have to say I love towel animals and will miss them if Princess doesn't do them. Just off RCI and we had them every 2 or 3 nights on our 14 night cruise.

Connie

Towel animals cost money due to added laundry costs.

john

Towel animals cost money due to added laundry costs.

john

Towel animals, hmm.....Yeah always made or broke our cruise experience....NOT!

Sorry gang, just not a priority for our cruise experience. They are fun to see, but, not in any way a necessity for us to enjoy our cruise.

Fresh water pools!

Goat cheese souffle!

Huge closets!

and . . .

the Pacific Princess (that's a little thing, right? Comparatively speaking). Please, Princess, don't let her go.

100% agree on the last, but she never comes Downunder anymore and I suspect that she will follow Ocean like night follows day.