Celebrity Suites the Step Children of the Fleet

CHEZMARYLOU

With the introduction of Michaels Club to Sky Suites, which I do not object to, it seems that Celebrity Suites are becoming the step children of Celebrity.

For $2-$3K more per passenger to book a CS over an S2 the only thing you get is a separate bedroom and 2 TV’s, which we never watch. You get NOTHING ELSE, No beverage package, unlimited Specialty Dining, 2 bottles of Alcohol or wine, upgraded champagne, separate tub & shower, hot tub on balcony and probably a few more things I’ve missed.

We are booked in a CS for our Eclipse cruise and now have to wonder if it is worth it.

Come on Celebrity, step up and add a few more amenities to the Celebrity Suites since you are asking a premium for them.

In fact CSs have now apparently lost the free speciality dinning perk of ......

One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 6N or 7N) or two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8N or more) in a specialty restaurant

So those booked in a CS now will not recieve the perks that where offered when they booked:mad:

If that is the case and not an oversight, we'll be cancelling the cruise. I just got a brochure from Oceania and they sail out of Miami on the same date Eclipse sails. Since our airfare is already booked at considerable cost, we'll be jumping ship and trying a new line after sailing Celebrity exclusively and being Elite +.

We'll be in a CS on Monday and we DO have two complimentary specialty restaurant meals. However, after we try Luminae, do we want them? Remains to be seen. We'll probably look at the menu and make our decision spur of the moment.

We'll be in a CS on Monday and we DO have two complimentary specialty restaurant meals. However, after we try Luminae, do we want them? Remains to be seen. We'll probably look at the menu and make our decision spur of the moment.

It's nice to have some variety. One night the menu won't be as intriguing and you can try something else.

As far as the original poster goes, You do get more space in a CS and on an M-Class ship it is significantly more/nicer layout than the SS, except for maybe 6145/6146 but much better closet, but a bathroom that isn't as nice.

The only way prices will come down is if demand also falls, time will tell, not sure I disagree, but we would probably never book a CS on S-Class, just doesn't provide what is important to us.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 6N or 7N) or two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8N or more) in a specialty restaurant

So those booked in a CS now will not recieve the perks that where offered when they booked:mad:

Hmm, I hope this is an oversight. I was looking forward to one night at Tuscan.

If that is the case and not an oversight, we'll be cancelling the cruise. I just got a brochure from Oceania and they sail out of Miami on the same date Eclipse sails. Since our airfare is already booked at considerable cost, we'll be jumping ship and trying a new line after sailing Celebrity exclusively and being Elite +.

Remember to opt for the air credit on the Oceania booking. And, check to see if it is one of the cruises with O Life perks (free tips, internet and excursions. Add the no cost beverages and specialties and you may find that your net daily cost will actually be less than the Celebrity tab.

For me, I've seen Sky Suites where we could get 2 for less than a Celebrity Suite. With the addition of Michaels Club, I will NOT be booking any more CS with the 4 of us traveling as a family. Either they need to make the CS benefits equal to the Signature Suites or reduce the price of the CS closer to the SS, because the benefits to the CS are no longer worth it to me.

Doubt that they eliminated the complimentary dinner(s) for two for those in a CS- since the Sky Suites get them it is more likely the Celebrity description is incorrect or it implied that the CS gets all the perks of the SS plus.

Sky Suites seem like the smart way to go......

That said, Captains club points accrue at 8 points per night in a sky suite and 12 points per night in a Celebrity suite. So you have a stronger chance of hitting Zenith prior to them changing the benefit structure ;) Small gifts.

Otherwise, we have downgraded one cruise already to a skysuite.....and we will see on the others. The Extra 100 feet and extra closets is appreciated.....I much prefer the Celebrity suite on the M class ships.....

Safe Sails to all!

We have 2 CS 's booked for 2016 but are now considering cancelling both. We will not rebook Sky's because the only ones available are the rubbish ones under the overhang so we will probably take the loss of the deposit on the chin and switch to another line outside of the RCCl chain. Really feel ripped off on this one.:mad::mad::mad:

Sky Suites seem like the smart way to go......

That said, Captains club points accrue at 8 points per night in a sky suite and 12 points per night in a Celebrity suite. So you have a stronger chance of hitting Zenith prior to them changing the benefit structure ;) Small gifts.

Otherwise, we have downgraded one cruise already to a skysuite.....and we will see on the others. The Extra 100 feet and extra closets is appreciated.....I much prefer the Celebrity suite on the M class ships.....

Safe Sails to all!

I wouldn't choose a cabin based on points. First, by the time sndyo rvreaches zenith it could change. Second, if you sail in a CS for the extra points to get benefits you have in a sky suite, often offered with perks anyway that can also be purchased for less than the difference in the cabin prices. The only sailings where it seems to matter would be repos/TA/TP.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

For me, I've seen Sky Suites where we could get 2 for less than a Celebrity Suite. With the addition of Michaels Club, I will NOT be booking any more CS with the 4 of us traveling as a family. Either they need to make the CS benefits equal to the Signature Suites or reduce the price of the CS closer to the SS, because the benefits to the CS are no longer worth it to me.

Thank you for your post on this one. Especially the last part of your last sentence, it is a judgement call each of us must make and be happy about it.

bon voyage

In the Carib you should try Oceania for sure. Food is very subjective but IMO you will get better food, and more importantly you'll find it open for much longer hours. Luminea (aka Mirage) does not open early on port days and is closed for lunch. On the islands it is easy to be back to the ship by lunch time and O will have all venues open. Be sure to try the pool side venue Waves, the coffee shop, and afternoon tea.

Since you have been sailing X for a long time you'll enjoy the change of specialty restaurant menus.

Be sure to try the dining room for breakfast. The service is better than L which is very good (if open). O have so many little extras they will bring you e.g. nuts. Try the breakfast special items. The baked products are better.

I really cant believe how much complaining there is about suites around here. I consider myself fortunate when I have the vacation budget for a room with a balcony.

Exactly, and nothing has been taken away from anyone, just some people are upset they will have more people in their private space. 2 days ago everyone was happy with the fare paid for their cabin, now some are upset for no real reason than someone else just got a an advantage they couldn't take advantage of. It boils down to nosing in on someone else's business.

I welcome SkySuites to Michaels, I suggested this change a year ago.

Exactly, and nothing has been taken away from anyone, just some people are upset they will have more people in their private space. 2 days ago everyone was happy with the fare paid for their cabin, now some are upset for no real reason than someone else just got a an advantage they couldn't take advantage of. It boils down to nosing in on someone else's business.

I welcome SkySuites to Michaels, I suggested this change a year ago.

I agree, it will be nice to welcome more into Sky Suite, as long as there isn't overcrowding, and degradation of service. There is no way to know if this will be the case yet, so I reserve judgement.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I really cant believe how much complaining there is about suites around here. I consider myself fortunate when I have the vacation budget for a room with a balcony.

It's all relative isn't it?

We will be on the Eclipse in February in a Sky Suite. Since we have the drink package that came with the booking, Michael's club is not a big deal for us. We will miss the chance to have the complimentary specialty dinners. I am quite sure that is not an oversight since the Royal Suite perks still list them and the rest don't.

We are not long term Celebrity cruisers (just our second one) - the bulk of our cruises have been on HAL which has gone through its own turmoil the past few years. It now appears Celebrity is going through the same type of issues, trying to be all things to all customers with out being really great at anything.

Not sure what the future holds. Even though we have over 20 cruises around different parts of the world, we have nothing booked for the future. Obviously, the cruising experience is going through transition and from our view point, not one for the better.

It's all relative isn't it?

We will be on the Eclipse in February in a Sky Suite. Since we have the drink package that came with the booking, Michael's club is not a big deal for us. We will miss the chance to have the complimentary specialty dinners. I am quite sure that is not an oversight since the Royal Suite perks still list them and the rest don't.

We are not long term Celebrity cruisers (just our second one) - the bulk of our cruises have been on HAL which has gone through its own turmoil the past few years. It now appears Celebrity is going through the same type of issues, trying to be all things to all customers with out being really great at anything.

Not sure what the future holds. Even though we have over 20 cruises around different parts of the world, we have nothing booked for the future. Obviously, the cruising experience is going through transition and from our view point, not one for the better.

I do think the unlisted free specialty dinners for CS/RS are an oversight, as on a Royal Suite it is unlimited but only offers the limited number on CS and SS. I could easily see this happening when someone was editing a website. Because (supposedly) they are spending so much on Luminae, it really doesn't cost them any more to have you dine in an alternative venue. I'm sure we'll have confirmation next week.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I spoke to a Captain's Club rep today on the issue of the free dinners for Celebrity Suites. She had no knowledge but was going to check as she felt this was most likely an oversight BUT she promised to note my booking that we are still to receive ours. We booked in 12/14 for a 3/17 cruise and they were offered when we booked and I want them - it is a matter of principal at this point.

The price difference on our cruise between the Sky1 and Celebrity suite was $1,600. :mad: No down grade because suites have been sold out for over 6 months now, so those are very pricey dinners.

Edited by Jane2357

Jane, we are in the same situation. The Sky Suites have been sold out for a year on our Eclipse cruise. I tried calling the CC club just now but the wait was too long. I'll try on Monday and reach out to our CVP to make sure our reservation is also noted.

Eldercruiser & Cle-guy, as I posted in my 1st sentence I do not object to Sky Suites having access to Michael's Club. IMO Celebrity needs to step up and offer a small perk to Celebrity Suites, a bottle of champagne instead of sparkling wine, 1 bottle of alcohol, a few more specialty restaurant meals, things that would not cost X much but that would add some perceived value to the CS now that MC is open to SS. If they had been included from the beginning no one would have given it a 2nd thought.

I was not that impressed with Celebrity on our 1st cruise with them and i am getting less and less impressed with them everyday. The only reason i spent the extra money on the CS was to get the extra perks. I have no objection to SS having access to Michael's, the more the merrier, i just feel ripped off that I paid a huge premium for a little extra space and not for the additional perks we were to receive.

We have one more cruise booked with Celebrity and we will probably keep it because we got a really good deal and it fits into our other plans but after that Celebrity is no longer on my list of cruise lines to check out when planning a vacation.

They don't provide the benefits they promise (Luminae 3 times a day) and they change the benefit of buying a more expensive suite. I know they are in the business of making money and i applaud that but their business practices are slimy.

I was not that impressed with Celebrity on our 1st cruise with them and i am getting less and less impressed with them everyday. The only reason i spent the extra money on the CS was to get the extra perks. I have no objection to SS having access to Michael's, the more the merrier, i just feel ripped off that I paid a huge premium for a little extra space and not for the additional perks we were to receive.

We have one more cruise booked with Celebrity and we will probably keep it because we got a really good deal and it fits into our other plans but after that Celebrity is no longer on my list of cruise lines to check out when planning a vacation.

They don't provide the benefits they promise (Luminae 3 times a day) and they change the benefit of buying a more expensive suite. I know they are in the business of making money and i applaud that but their business practices are slimy.

You realize, nothing has really changed for you? You admittedly got a "really good deal", what's not to like? I do understand the feeling of being "burned" we have a few CS booked, we _may_ have considered a Sky Suite, but we love that cabin on M-Class and would have a hard time swapping down to a SS, and actually consider going up to the RS too.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You actually gave third more space which is half the square footage of a regular cabin with the same increase in your balcony. On average for a 14 night cruise a SS is around £6,000 and a CS is £7,500. The extra cost is £1,500 which is an extra 25%. That actually is a good deal on the basis of plain Sqft/ £ as far as I can see.

A SS costs £20 per Square foot and a CS is £18.75.

My upcoming CS featured two nights in a specialty restaurant included, and that's what I better be getting when I embark the Summit in April. I have the documentation to prove it, which I will take with me.

Honestly, the anxiety X has cost me with their "Modern Luxury" BS has made me decide that April's sailing will be my last. I have sailed Seabourn in years passed for less than the cost of CS or RS (I've had both on X), so guess who will be getting a returning patron next year?

Edited by Constance331