If I'm not happy with cleanliness of cabin.....

batt01

Although we joked for a bit about the sea salt on an inside promenade stateroom window......

Back on track here........

Looking at that video and the condition of the window-come on Royal, just clean the darn thing. It is gross.

There's lots of humidity in the cabin when someone is taking a shower and every surface in the bathroom is steamed up or when those big doors open up when someone goes outside and a huge blast of moist sea air comes blasting in the Promenade.

And each time the cabin or promenade doors open the pressure on the glass changes and the plates of glass flex just a little tiny bit pushing or sucking air through the broken seals.

I am not an engineer at all....but from my personal experience in showering in a cabin, my room mirrors have never fogged up from the moisture in the bathroom upon opening the door.

Yes, I imagine there is some pressure exerted on the windows from opening cabin doors but there are NO Promenade doors to the outside that I can remember on ships that I have sailed on with a Royal Promenade. I was on Independence this past February with a magnificent Royal Promenade.

I would hope the ship has a system for cleaning those windows overlooking the Promenade from the exterior of the cabin more than once every 5 years when the ship is in drydock.

I think the OP of this thread is worrying much more than is required.

In homes that have double pane windows that fail the culprit of the moisture is rain. Well a cabin overlooking the Promenade has no exposure to rain....it is an interior cabin, just with a window over looking the Promenade.

This answer surely makes no sense to me.

HUMIDITY is a far bigger culprit over rain. had it happen to my parents. window that never got 'wet' due to being protected by an overhang had the seals fail. drove my mother insane.

Boy, looking weeks ahead to worry about a window made me think of things to worry about.

1. They better do a towel monkey on day one

2. The butter better be soft enough to spread on my dinner roll

3. I really like my steak medium

If these things are not right I will march right down to the desk and demand a refund.

Come on people, really? If the window is not clean enough the minute I get on the ship?

Although we joked for a bit about the sea salt on an inside promenade stateroom window......

Back on track here........

Looking at that video and the condition of the window-come on Royal, just clean the darn thing. It is gross.

Well said. LOOK at the video. It is not a seal that failed. It's filth on the window. When house windows seals fail. The gas is released and allows air to get in. They caulk/seal around the inside of the window pane to seat the window into the window jam. The shower would only fog the inside glass pane. If the temp. is different from the inside to the out of the window, then you would get condensation on the panes of glass. I would look like water drops. Most houses have a UV film in between the glass to help with heat and light. That is what turns and becomes cloudy or unclear if the seal fails and air gets into the window. I maybe wrong but I don't know why Royal would spend extra money for UV film for a interior cabin window. Somehow that window got dirty and it is on the outside.

Well said. LOOK at the video. It is not a seal that failed. It's filth on the window. When house windows seals fail. The gas is released and allows air to get in. They caulk/seal around the inside of the window pane to seat the window into the window jam. The shower would only fog the inside glass pane. If the temp. is different from the inside to the out of the window, then you would get condensation on the panes of glass. I would look like water drops. Most houses have a UV film in between the glass to help with heat and light. That is what turns and becomes cloudy or unclear if the seal fails and air gets into the window. I maybe wrong but I don't know why Royal would spend extra money for UV film for a interior cabin window. Somehow that window got dirty and it is on the outside.

where is the link?

they cannot just clean the outside of the promenade view cabin windows. t's not like they have easy access to do so. the inside, sure. but you cannot expect the outer side to be pristine.

They would have to erect scaffolding to clean the outside of the PR windows. I imagine they only do that in dry dock due to the inconvenience to the other passengers if the promenade is blocked off while they clean the PR windows.

They would have to erect scaffolding to clean the outside of the PR windows. I imagine they only do that in dry dock due to the inconvenience to the other passengers if the promenade is blocked off while they clean the PR windows.

That is not true at all, the ships have a rolling scissors lift that they use on the Royal Promenades that could be used to wash the windows. To reach the highest windows, a squeegee with an extension pole can be used. They block off the Royal Promenade late at night sometimes for maintenance, washing these windows can happen and most likely does, just not as often as some think they should be.

where is the link?

Link for what? What in my statement would leave you to thinking I made this up? I work in Facility Maintenance. I have had to replace office windows because the seals have gone bad in them. No link to give you. Just what I've seen first hand. You do not have to believe what I said. But I have NO REASON to come on here and lie. Because at the end of the day. I was simply added my thought on why the I thought the window was dirty and not broken.

Cabins on Enchantment are a disgrace, worn with dirty showers and torn fabrics. Would never sail that ship again even though public areas were nice and food was good.

Thank you for this contribution to a thread about Promenade cabin windows on the Freedom.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Read the thread! Cabin is a promenade cabin, it faces the inside of the ship and has only a window, no balcony. No salt water on the inside of the ship, promise.

Not on the Freedom. they are all outside windows and will be cleaned on a schedule.

Link for what? What in my statement would leave you to thinking I made this up? I work in Facility Maintenance. I have had to replace office windows because the seals have gone bad in them. No link to give you. Just what I've seen first hand. You do not have to believe what I said. But I have NO REASON to come on here and lie. Because at the end of the day. I was simply added my thought on why the I thought the window was dirty and not broken.

Get a grip. I asked for the link of the dirty window

It's hard to tell what is dirty window and what is the glare in that video. :confused:

The guy that took the video did comment on how dirty the window was so I'm thinking it's not glare? :confused:

Edited by Debde

If you walk in to your Promenade view room and the cabin isn't up to your standards, promptly do the following:

1. Stomp your foot in a huff and throw your bags onto the bed in anger.
  2. Take photos of the offensive window for documentation. Start a LIVE thread on Cruise Critic and warn future cruisers of the deplorable condition of the room.
  3. Promptly make your way to the front desk and LOUDLY demand to see the hotel manager.
  4. Roll eyes at everyone who looks at you.
  5. Loudly proclaim to the hotel manager that you deserve either; a full refund, an immediate move to the Grand Suite, or ample OBC as compensation.
  6. Roll eyes at everyone who looks at you.
  7. Demand to be given Michael Bayley's email.
  8. Loudly express your shock and complete dismay that you are not being given either; a full refund, an immediate move to the Grand Suite, nor ample OBC as compensation.
  9. Vow to email Michael Bayley.
  10. Proclaim to your table mates at dinner each and every night your horror at the condition of your room. Exclaim to anyone who appears interested that you were denied ample compensation for your immense troubles. Vow to email Michael Bayley.
  11. Roll eyes at everyone who looks at you.
  12. Upon your return, promptly write a review on Cruise Critic, making certain to express how your cruise was RUINED because you were forced to endure such conditions. Make sure to post said photos as undeniable proof of the wretched condition of the room. Make sure you do NOT respond to anyone who posts questions to your review.
  13. Email Michael Bayley

:-)

Edited by sredish

We were on Liberty in 2014 with a promenade and a window we could barely see through. We asked them to clean it but they explained to us that the seal between the double pane window failed and moisture was inside. There was no way of them fixing it without replacing the window. It didn't really bother us all that much anyway since we are hardly ever in our room.

Exactly correct, the windows are sort of cloudy. The seals on some windows have failed due to the ship movement and the gas inside has escaped leaving the windows un insulated. When the heat rises from the P deck and hits the cold windows from the ac in the cabins some moisture/condensation forms between the 2 glass because they are not insulated anymore. Also the warm air can seep between the glass because the seal is broken. They have been like this for years now, its like looking through a window with a screen on it, no big deal.

Nope, try again. Read the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you think that's asking a lot of CB? :p

Donray and CB at Sea would make a fine window team.:D

:D

Really though, I just booked a Promenade cabin on the Liberty. I may have to rethink this. Hmmmm, a dirty window, but free ice cream :D I think free ice cream wins :p :D

If you walk in to your Promenade view room and the cabin isn't up to your standards, promptly do the following:

1. Stomp your foot in a huff and throw your bags onto the bed in anger.
  2. Take photos of the offensive window for documentation. Start a LIVE thread on Cruise Critic and warn future cruisers of the deplorable condition of the room.
  3. Promptly make your way to the front desk and LOUDLY demand to see the hotel manager.
  4. Roll eyes at everyone who looks at you.
  5. Loudly proclaim to the hotel manager that you deserve either; a full refund, an immediate move to the Grand Suite, or ample OBC as compensation.
  6. Roll eyes at everyone who looks at you.
  7. Demand to be given Michael Bayley's email.
  8. Loudly express your shock and complete dismay that you are not being given either; a full refund, an immediate move to the Grand Suite, nor ample OBC as compensation.
  9. Vow to email Michael Bayley.
  10. Proclaim to your table mates at dinner each and every night your horror at the condition of your room. Exclaim to anyone who appears interested that you were denied ample compensation for your immense troubles. Vow to email Michael Bayley.
  11. Roll eyes at everyone who looks at you.
  12. Upon your return, promptly write a review on Cruise Critic, making certain to express how your cruise was RUINED because you were forced to endure such conditions. Make sure to post said photos as undeniable proof of the wretched condition of the room. Make sure you do NOT respond to anyone who posts questions to your review.
  13. Email Michael Bayley

:-)

Hunger strikes seem to be the growing fad now. That might work ! Seems like it worked for those college kids !